closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bremont special

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Can you explain how you think they are using up old stock?
    Surely on a very limited run of just 40 watches with a list price of £5,000 or whatever, they could have easily re-engineered the die so that an aircraft manufacturer was not stamped on watches destined for Royal Protection Officers? Or simply employed an engraver to remove the Boeing brand name from the caseback?

I suspect I will at sometime still check out the S300 model that paskinner has just published a lovely photo of, just disappointed that I think they could easily have avoided further criticism.

Master
    Blog Entries

New Bremont special

Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    Surely on a very limited run of just 40 watches with a list price of £5,000 or whatever, they could have easily re-engineered the die so that an aircraft manufacturer was not stamped on watches destined for Royal Protection Officers? Or simply employed an engraver to remove the Boeing brand name from the caseback?

I suspect I will at sometime still check out the S300 model that paskinner has just published a lovely photo of, just disappointed that I think they could easily have avoided further criticism.
    As I said earlier it may have been possible, however it is at the discretion of the project lead. The project lead approaches Bremont military and special projects team, the then chose a base watch and work from there. If only 40 are commissioned custom parts become expensive in low volumes.

Also the boeing range are all current, so no need to shift old stock. Plus the boeing reference is regarding the steel used(tedious, but Rolex boast about their custom 904 steel).

Price wise they are not a £5k watch.

If people don’t like it it’s fine, but a lot of falsehoods and rumour on this thread.
    Last edited by Middo; 15th November 2017 at 23:00.

Journeyman
    I love mine, probably my most worn watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    As I said earlier it may have been possible, however it is at the discretion of the project lead. The project lead approaches Bremont military and special projects team, the then chose a base watch and work from there. If only 40 are commissioned custom parts become expensive in low volumes.

Also the boeing range are all current, so no need to shift old stock. Plus the boeing reference is regarding the steel used(tedious, but Rolex boast about their custom 904 steel).

Price wise they are not a £5k watch.

If people don’t alike if it’s fine, but a lot of falsehoods and rumour on this thread.

Exactly this.
    In the early stages of design we were considering the white face. We wanted a blue straight second hand to depict the thin blue line. Bremont wanted a minimum 50 units to make this viable so we kept the standard hand. The blue tip was good enough for us. It was only after our lead visited the factory in Henley and saw a U2 blue face that we changed the face colour. The 247 has never been done in blue.
    The Royal Standard within a shield signifying protection of the Monarch went through several re designs before we went with what you see here. It could have been smaller but you begin to lose definition and we wanted a high quality print.

The more I look at it the more I like it. If they are using Boeing proprietary steel alloy, then it makes sense they are using both the model, and the name on the watch - & it’s only on the caseback in case you didn’t like the Boeing signage. Although the small Boeing symbol on some of them looks rather neat.

&

I’d love to be able to have a hand in a more personalised version of a nice watch.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Forgot to mention, the rotor is supposed to represent the back of a round of ammunition. Maybe I should have mentioned all this earlier in the conversation?

Thanks Middo and Oblivion for explaining that the case is made of Boeing grade steel, I wasn't aware of that and had assumed the reference to 'Boeing' was due to a model range.

Cheers!
    Mark

there are a lot of bremont bashers on here. never considered the brand before the summer, always thought of them as a upmarket CW, now I've got 2, both superb watches, my MBIII is easily my most comfortable watch, the inhouse thing doesn't bother me and the case design is fantastic.

When I was in goldsmiths the other week they were telling me Breitling are now doing customised watches in the Cromomat range.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    When I was in goldsmiths the other week they were telling me Breitling are now doing customised watches in the Cromomat range.
    Tudor are also doing custom jobs.
    Through Watches of Switzerland Tudor offered to do a Royalty version of their Black Bay Blue.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    there are a lot of bremont bashers on here. never considered the brand before the summer, always thought of them as a upmarket CW, now I've got 2, both superb watches, my MBIII is easily my most comfortable watch, the inhouse thing doesn't bother me and the case design is fantastic.

I still think of them as an upmarket CW. Don't see why that's a bad thing.

Thanks Middo and Oblivion for explaining that the case is made of Boeing grade steel, I wasn't aware of that and had assumed the reference to 'Boeing' was due to a model range.

Cheers!
    Mark
    Aren't aeroplanes made out of aluminium? Or these days, carbon fibre?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Or even paper.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
    Or even paper.
    I like Bremont watches they are putting UK manufacturing back on the map. Hopefully their movements will be manufactured here as well.

The Royalty Protection watch is a limited edition so will be great to hand to your Son or Grandson in later life.

Incidently Rolex do a customised one for the Saudi Royal family. if you do protection for them you are given a Rolex with the Crossed Swords and palm logo.

Great Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    From memory, the 465(R) is used by Boeing in some of the landing gear components.

Master
    The Bremont brand does seem to divide opinion amongst a lot of members on the forum here. After seeing pics a couple of months ago of Bremont's new 40mm S300 and S301 new 'Supermarine' models I really have been eagerly awaiting a local Bremond AD to stock them as they do look very impressive! Definite potential next watch purchase.......... but after seeing what appears to be an attempt to use up stock of old casebacks the chances of my next purchase of a quality watch being a Bremont S300/301 has possibly gone....boeing boeing bong.
    They're not using up old casebacks - this is one of their Boeing models that has had a custom dial put on it.
    If they're using up old casebacks then they're also using up old chrono second hands with the Boeing logo tip, and they're using up old old crowns and pushers with the turbine inspired design. It's still the Bremont Boeing model.

When they do a custom dial on one of their Martin Baker models, they still retain the Martin Baker logo on the back with the custom military unit / company name and logo on the front. Sure, they could do bespoke casebacks too but then the minimum order quantity is going to go up accordingly.

The fault, if any, is with the group that commissioned it - they could perhaps have chosen the Solo model which has no tie ins and would have remained "sterile". But this is what they wanted.

Edit: apologies Mark - I was replying to this thread without having refreshed the latest posts and I realise now that my point has already been explained!
    Last edited by Hammond; 16th November 2017 at 11:52.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Spot on.
    This guy !

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I've learnt that purple is a Royal colour thanks to this thread.

Of course it is, ever heard of Prince?

Cheers,
    Neil.