closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Burnsey...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sharing an IP address is inconclusive, for a start. I also think I know Steve pretty well, and he's always been completely consistent with regard to his TZ-related principles.
    So somebody followed him to Holland or is Daddel involved in the grand sarky conspiracy?

You are wrong and you know it. Burnsey was so upset about Eddie taking the BP away from him that he went into overdrive and then he crashed and burned.

Sharing an IP address is inconclusive, for a start. I also think I know Steve pretty well, and he's always been completely consistent with regard to his TZ-related principles.
    He’s only as good as his last mistake though and I don’t think he would allow such accusations to go unchallenged were he innocent. I think Sarky was invented as a wind up and he got carried away. Now he has mugged his mates off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    So somebody followed him to Holland or is Daddel involved in the grand sarky conspiracy?

You are wrong and you know it. Burnsey was so upset about Eddie taking the BP away from him that he went into overdrive and then he crashed and burned.
    Well, if I knew I was wrong there'd be little point in me posting what I did, Raffe. I'm sure all will become clearer in the fullness of time.

I'm sure all will become clearer in the fullness of time.
    I agree with you there
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    He’s only as good as his last mistake though and I don’t think he would allow such accusations to go unchallenged were he innocent. I think Sarky was invented as a wind up and he got carried away. Now he has mugged his mates off big time.
    Exactly. In the beginning, when he posted the motorbike thread, it looked as if he wanted to be found out. Lots of us were sure at the time that it was him. But then he decided against coming out and went into trolling overdrive. All downhill from that moment.

I admit that Burnsey fooled me as much as many others. There was a time when I was really friendly with him, I found him to be one of the funniest posters around here and also liked his principles. Some of his later dramas however where a bit too dramatic for me and then came the infamous euthanasia posts - I was shocked and kept my distance. When he suddenly re-appeared on Saturday, I was naive enough to believe that he culd provide clues as to sarky was. I wrote him a PM about it and he said that he thought it was GrandS or TMS, but wasn't really bothered as Eddie had taken his BP access and he intended to stay away from such discussions in the future. He also asked me in the same PM if the forum was down or why he couldn't see any threads.

I'm prepared to stick my neck out and say that I don't think it's Steve. The evidence is circumstantial, albeit relatively persuasive, and it's not enough for me.
    Tony, you know Steve better than most. I am prepared to keep an open mind, but I will never forgive Sarky for describing my 5512 as a pup. Anything that you can bring to the party would be much appreciated.

I just struggle with Steve coming out with such a twat of a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    but I will never forgive Sarky for describing my 5512 as a pup.
    At least you weren’t called a spoilt Jock

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Was he really in the Netherlands the same week as Sarkys post with the Netherlands IP addy? One person in touch with him obviously seems to think he was.

That is one coincidence too far after sharing a MINIMUM of 4 different UK IP addys
    He posted at least a couple of photos of the Netherlands on Instagram, and then one of a watch bought in the airport.

"On the 17th, however, Sarky posted from 145.131.156.120"

"IP address 145.131.156.120

145.131.156.120 or rt156bb131-145-120.routit.net is an IPv4 address owned by Routit and located in The Hague, Netherlands"

Late on the evening of the 17th I was having a conversation via PM with someone else about the airport purchase, which I had seen posted on Instagram that day:

Last edited by Der Amf; 28th November 2017 at 01:15.

145.131.156.120 is geotagged to Amsterdam.

PS None of the IP addresses posted by Eddie appears to be compromised or exploited, thus used by legit users, who had to log in to post from them.
    Last edited by VDG; 28th November 2017 at 01:21.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    He posted at least a couple of photos of the Netherlands on Instagram, and then one of a watch bought in the airport.

"On the 17th, however, Sarky posted from 145.131.156.120"

"IP address 145.131.156.120

145.131.156.120 or rt156bb131-145-120.routit.net is an IPv4 address owned by Routit and located in The Hague, Netherlands"

Late on the evening of the 17th I was having a conversation via PM with someone else about the airport purchase, which I had seen posted on Instagram that day:

Ah well that says it all.

Pants down and spanked lol

Master
    LTF
    I hope the Nigerian Prince doesn't contact you or you would be skint in no time.

Banned
    Is it sadcase or sad case. Anyway, he is and this is one of those.

Steve broke the rules and rightly got a ban. Yes he used to dish out some vitriol and I was the recipient sometimes but I always found it witty and never below the belt. And Steve used to get it back too without having a meltdown. And actually on PM he seemed a very decent, knowledgeable chap.

There are some truly horrible people on this forum, Steve isn't one of these. He created an alter ego for reasons known only to himself. And rightly Eddie's given him his medicine but really is this the worst thing someone on here has ever done? I'm struggling to see who has really been hurt as a result of Steve's actions. Meanwhile a few truly nasty individuals are still on the forum stinking the place out with their views.

Like I said, Eddie has rightly banned him, those were the rules. But the level of hand wringing from people feeling 'wronged' is IMHO very OTT. If being duped by an alter ego is really something that gives you sleepless night then let's hope you don't encounter real problems with your lives.

Blog Entries
    Sharing an IP address is inconclusive, for a start.
    It's not that simple. This isn't merely sharing an IP address; it is several instances of sharing more than one IP address, none of which anyone else who has logged on to TZ-UK has used. That is extraordinarily unlikely on a purely random basis.

And if it is two people who shared the same IP on several occasions on a not-purely random basis (i.e. they work in the same place or know each other) then it is overwhelmingly likely that they would know who each other were and thus either one of them could point out how and why they were both accessing TZ-UK from these IP addresses. It would be a readily available and easy explanation. It would seem that no such explanation has been forthcoming. He's been caught out.

As has further been pointed out, sarky's IP addresses followed burnsey66's recent real world travels.

I also think I know Steve pretty well, and he's always been completely consistent with regard to his TZ-related principles.
    He was a consistent hypocrite under the burnsey66 persona (i.e. he was willing to damage the forum to, according to him, protect it) and has added to the hypocrisy under the sarky persona. So yes, he definitely has been consistent with regard to his TZ-related principles; it's just that they were not positive principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    LTF
    I hope the Nigerian Prince doesn't contact you or you would be skint in no time.
    Just send me £3k and I’ll process your £75k winnings...

1) Punishment
    2) Deter others from doing the same thing

Many of you might like Steve but how can there be one set of rules for people you like?

Two identities? Expect to be detected and banned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yes he used to dish out some vitriol and I was the recipient sometimes but I always found it witty and never below the belt. And Steve used to get it back too without having a meltdown.
    My observations of his behaviour were entirely different. Yes he did dish out vitriol and, in my opinion, in so doing caused damage to the community that he hypocritically claimed to be protecting. It became obvious to me that his motive was purely personal gratification and that protection of the community was a pretext (and yes, I said this to him). Furthermore, when he received back what he dished out he really could not cope with it. He would hypocritically turn to claims of personal attacks, when he himself had been carrying out personal attacks.

Good riddance to a self-serving, hypocritical, deceiving, blight on the community.

is this the worst thing someone on here has ever done?
    No, it's not the worst thing that anyone has done but it does not have to be the worst thing to be properly and rightly condemned.

I'm struggling to see who has really been hurt as a result of Steve's actions.
    Under the burnsey66 persona he was damaging to the forum as a whole as a result of self-gratifying vindictiveness and, to use your word, "vitriol[ic]" personal attacks he handed out according to his self-made, self-serving rules.

Under the sarky persona, he has deceived his friends and the forum as a whole.

But the level of hand wringing from people feeling 'wronged' is IMHO very OTT. If being duped by an alter ego is really something that gives you sleepless night then let's hope you don't encounter real problems with your lives.
    Being duped by an alter ego is a real problem in life, and it is no less serious because it is online compared to face to face. It's a betrayal of friendship and of the community (the very one that the burnsey66 persona repeatedly claimed to be protecting).
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th November 2017 at 13:14.

Blog Entries

Say no more, know what I mean.....😇.
    Oh, btw, I don’t know Amsterdam, must visit the place sometime in the future.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Eddie must despair at all of this utter nonsense. It’s like being back at school - pathetic.

Burnsey66/Sarky/Whatever should just steer clear of the internet and crack on with real life. Good riddance from here

I'm not going to offer an opinion on whether Burnsey and sarky are one and the same, but my personal dealing with him (Burnsey) were always very civilised and I found him most affable.
    I also believe that although some of his posts were questionable, he was not alone in generating/perpetuating those lengthy and ultimately very boring threads - Steve thrived on the fuel provided by others and would no doubt be loving the ongoing controversy.

Some of his later dramas however where a bit too dramatic for me and then came the infamous euthanasia posts - I was shocked and kept my distance.
    Ironic that in another thread it's suggested he might have mental issues.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    At least you weren’t called a spoilt Jock
    You are :)

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Well, that was just my opinion (based upon the most un-burnsey66-like message I linked to) and it would now seem that my opinion was wrong.

If burnsey66 and sarky are (occasionally) posting from the same IP address (which no other member has posted from) then it is theoretically possible that they are different people (say, for example, working in the same office) but it seems most unlikely on the balance of probabilities. I.e. The probability is that they are two personas of the same person.
    Even in the same office, we normally don't use static IPs they normally have a lease of 4 hours, then DHCP assigns you a new one

As mentioned, the likes of Virgin assign an IP and rarely change it.

If you are posting two accounts from the same IP - its normally the same household. Even if your IP is re-assigned to someone else, what are the chances that it gets assigned to a member on here?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    Even in the same office, we normally don't use static IPs they normally have a lease of 4 hours, then DHCP assigns you a new one

As mentioned, the likes of Virgin assign an IP and rarely change it.

If you are posting two accounts from the same IP - its normally the same household. Even if your IP is re-assigned to someone else, what are the chances that it gets assigned to a member on here?
    Are you confusing your internal ip range with the external ip(‘s)?

Much ado about nothing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    Quite so. If it was two separate people then it is overwhelmingly likely that they'd know who each other were and could explain it. Instead it is vastly more likely that the two accounts are simply the same person.

Master
    I don’t think there’s really any doubt that the two accounts are Steve’s.
    What I can’t understand is why he’s been such a dick.
    I met him once at a gtg he arranged at his house and he seemed like a really nice bloke.
    All a bit sad really, but not actually important in the scheme of things.
    I guess he had his reasons.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I don't understand the idea that you're one persona on here but completely different in 'real life'. Who would make themselves out to be a complete tool if they're not? Presumably someone who gets a kick out of pretending to be different people.

I'm with you there but that pretty much sums up a lot of the internet! I always speak as if I'm talking to people in person, so many keyboard warriors out there act like they never would in real life. I personally think it's some insecurity they have in the real world where they dream of being brave.

YouTube comments section is one of the best places to see the dregs of behaviour. Saw a good vid recently where this lad was going to do all sorts of nasty, 'hard nut' things to the youtuber. Chap made a video going round to his house and calling him out, the online bully shrivelled up like the dried out little turd he actually is! Funny thing is, by the comments you'd expect some nasty looking menace in reality he was a smartly dressed, quietly spoken snowflake.

World's gone mad...

Lack of face to face contact makes the internet tricky.

I can think of a few cases where I've had things escalate (on my part or others), but usually I try to be myself.

I'm a bit of a sarky character in person, but can usually take a joke.

Sometimes that's harder to judge on the Web. A jokey comment with a genuine smile is fine, the same words on the web, even with a smiley, can seem much less jovial.

Youtube is a horrible place - 99.999% of people seem to be utter tossers, based on the remarks people leave on the most innocuous of videos! I've given up even reading comments there now, it undermines my faith in humanity - Facebook comments are heading that way too! Thankfully TZ is a far nicer place to be.

Anyway, a general comment on internet personas I never had an personal contact with Burnsey, so I'm not going to get involved in that.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 29th November 2017 at 18:07. Reason: Typo corrections!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Sometimes that's harder to judge on the Web. A jokey comment with a genuine smile is fine, the same words on the web, even with a smiley, can seem much less jovial.
    I agree with that and like most people I've both seen and been guilty of it. But irrespective of where the line is, there is a point that 'all' of us can agree is too far over that line.

I agree about the YouTube comments.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I agree with that and like most people I've both seen and been guilty of it. But irrespective of where the line is, there is a point that 'all' of us can agree is too far over that line.

I agree about the YouTube comments.

R
    In reality each of us has own own lines and tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I'm with you there but that pretty much sums up a lot of the internet! I always speak as if I'm talking to people in person, so many keyboard warriors out there act like they never would in real life. I personally think it's some insecurity they have in the real world where they dream of being brave.

YouTube comments section is one of the best places to see the dregs of behaviour. Saw a good vid recently where this lad was going to do all sorts of nasty, 'hard nut' things to the youtuber. Chap made a video going round to his house and calling him out, the online bully shrivelled up like the dried out little turd he actually is! Funny thing is, by the comments you'd expect some nasty looking menace in reality he was a smartly dressed, quietly spoken snowflake.
    Youtube comments are indeed the worst. It doesn't matter whether it's a video about MMR or knitting, it always ends the same way. This discussion reminds me of thsis froma few years ago, featuring boxer Curtis Woodhouse...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-twitter-troll

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    In reality each of us has own own lines and tolerances.
    Then we are not in disagreement.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Youtube comments are indeed the worst. It doesn't matter whether it's a video about MMR or knitting, it always ends the same way. This discussion reminds me of thsis froma few years ago, featuring boxer Curtis Woodhouse...

Actions have consequences. ;-)

But, but, but... what about Jimmyob88's right to free speech?!

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Actions have consequences. ;-)

But, but, but... what about Jimmyob88's right to free speech?!

R
    Free speech fine....Free hiding behing a keyboard firing off insults anonymously, I'm not so keen on.

RIP Burnsey

Whatever your feelings about Burnsey, that's ^ not really called for IMO..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Whatever your feelings about Burnsey, that's ^ not really called for IMO..
    I doubt he means literally, just his membership!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I doubt he means literally, just his membership!!!
    Ah! It was a very hectic day today, so I might had a temporary humour bypass
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

I wasn't wishing him dead, just referring to his membership, I mostly found him pretty amusing but it seems he sadly lost the plot.

everyone else is talking about trumpy or kim jong un and we're still taking about stevey b ffs

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    everyone else is talking about trumpy or kim jong un and we're still taking about stevey b ffs
    I once opened a Trump thread. I'll stick with Burnsey, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I once opened a Trump thread. I'll stick with Burnsey, thank you very much.
    Tru dat. I wonder what he had for lunch today.

Master

That's the spirit!

Free speech fine....Free hiding behing a keyboard firing off insults anonymously, I'm not so keen on.

I agree.

By all means speak freely but do so how you would if you were in front of the person IMO. Would that troll above have chosen his free speech in quite the same way if he was F2F with Curtis?... well we know the answer to that.

Grand Master
    I had a chat with Steve yesterday and he did say he would love to catch up with everyone who is criticising him at the next GTG where they can vent their opinions to him in person and receive a reply rather than assassinating a muted man. I’ll look to organise if only for the entertainment factor

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I had a chat with Steve yesterday and he did say he would love to catch up with everyone who is criticising him at the next GTG where they can vent their opinions to him in person and receive a reply rather than assassinating a muted man. I’ll look to organise if only for the entertainment factor

Bully for you.
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

so did he admit to being both members......or did you gloss over that?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    145.131.156.120 is geotagged to Amsterdam.

PS None of the IP addresses posted by Eddie appears to be compromised or exploited, thus used by legit users, who had to log in to post from them.

Getting sidetracked by alleged location of IPs, while it can be useful is often a dead end.

• They're often well out of date
    • A good VPN will have servers in a huge range of places and therefore your traffic will appear to come from there. I used to have one that let me choose virtually any country with a passable IT infrastructure, including Vietnam
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 30th November 2017 at 15:30.

Did he 'fess up'?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.