closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fair price for a fullset LV Kermit?

Master

Fair price for a fullset LV Kermit?

Just spotted once locally in a jewellers, boxed with papers, whats a fair price for one nowadays?

Aren't they around the 6.5k mark ?? (or do I live in a cave)

Edit : A quick squint around Google tells me I must do...
    Last edited by reggie747; 28th November 2017 at 19:08.

I think it depends on its age, flat four bezels etc command much higher prices

Master
    Condition will also have a bearing on the price.

Aren't the newer ones around the £8k Mark and the earlier flat fours are trading for £10k to £15k depending on the seller.

Master
    Just been offered £8250 for my Z serial on trade in

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Aren't the newer ones around the £8k Mark and the earlier flat fours are trading for £10k to £15k depending on the seller.

This seems about right. Is it a proper full set including the hang tag? Has it been serviced or polished?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Aren't they around the 6.5k mark ?? (or do I live in a cave)

Edit : A quick squint around Google tells me I must do...
    Maybe for the last year ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

It’s crazy money, makes me wish I got on when I had the chance back in the day.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

About £7500 - £8000 seems fair for private sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    An AD in 2005 had two LVs, my brother had one and I ummed and arrrhed at the RRP of £2650 as I wanted a Speedy more. So naturally, I got a Breitling instead. <Facepalm>

Journeyman
    If Y series with special anniversary cert, you are starting to approach 100% premium on top of the price of a non flat four.
    If F series flat four, you are approaching a 50-60% premium of a non flat four.
    Certainly beats the bank interest rates!

Sent from my Pixel XL using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Prices are certainly shooting through the roof for the LV, along with the Sub (no-date) and the Pepsis. Crazy times. Have to wait for the prices to cool off. I wonder how long that will take or whether it will happen at all...

Quote Originally Posted by ywl23n View Post
    Prices are certainly shooting through the roof for the LV, along with the Sub (no-date) and the Pepsis. Crazy times. Have to wait for the prices to cool off. I wonder how long that will take or whether it will happen at all...
    Prices may slow down and soften, but I can’t see them falling below the current levels.
    It's just a matter of time...

I spoke to a dealer a couple of weeks ago who sold a lightly worn 2003 'F' serial for £17.5k.

It sold within a day and he had numerous people trying to purchase.

The number of 'Y' series must be tiny. From what I understand production only started in September 2003 and mine from December 2003 was an 'F'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    I spoke to a dealer a couple of weeks ago who sold a lightly worn 2003 'F' serial for £17.5k.

It sold within a day and he had numerous people trying to purchase.

The number of 'Y' series must be tiny. From what I understand production only started in September 2003 and mine from December 2003 was an 'F'
    Anybody paying the difference because a 4 is a different shape on the bezel is nuts(I include myself in this category).It is the same watch.
    I would have paid a couple of thousand premium maybe but not what they stand at now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Anybody paying the difference because a 4 is a different shape on the bezel is nuts(I include myself in this category).It is the same watch.
    I would have paid a couple of thousand premium maybe but not what they stand at now.
    It's not just the "4", the insert also looks much more like baby poop. That's worth at least a 20% premium.

I've been pretty consistent over time, and put my money where my mouth is: the darker green insert models without the RolexRolexRolex are the best of the LVs for anything besides sitting in a safe.

I found this nice one, it's the same guy that I bought my 5512 off, not the cheapest but highly respected. Looks like a nice example.

http://www.exoticwatches.net/browse.asp?C=52&P=1

Master
    one im looking at is a M serial so probably at the lower end

Master
    I found this nice one, it's the same guy that I bought my 5512 off, not the cheapest but highly respected. Looks like a nice example.

Thats £13650.
    Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Thats £13650.
    Nuts
    It my be nuts, but is probably a few grand cheaper than some of the London dealers are asking. I have seen these listed for £15k+.

The latest hype I saw was someone listing a white dial Zenith Daytona with the prediction that we will soon be saying, remember when you could buy these for below £20k. They were £9k last Christmas!!

I agree that prices are crazy, but the watches seem to sell quickly enough.

Master
    It my be nuts, but is probably a few grand cheaper than some of the London dealers are asking. I have seen these listed for £15k+.

The latest hype I saw was someone listing a white dial Zenith Daytona with the prediction that we will soon be saying, remember when you could buy these for below £20k. They were £9k last Christmas!!

I agree that prices are crazy, but the watches seem to sell quickly enough.
    There's a guy in the USA who has been sitting on a really nice white dial Zenith Daytona offered at $35,000 for a decent while. The thing is now up to $49,000. I remember when you could get a big red for less than that - it wasn't even that long ago.

I love these watches, and I could probably afford to pay what they cost but it's getting insane. My Speedy Gemini LE was under $4,000 when I bought it four years ago. They're now selling at $10,000. Are there really that many rich people who just MUST have these things?

Craftsman

Wow if only I had more money. Very nice old shiny things👍 Now what can I sell

They’re just making prices up now, hanging about and waiting for the best.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Wow that website is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Good luck for your watch hunting if you are impressed by a glossy website. At least the guy supplies images and an accurate description - try Watchfinder if you want FA detail about the Watch being sold.

Where in the EU is he based ?

Master
    Perhaps indicative of a great watch dealer, rather than someone more interested in web design.

H

I can't even work out what's felt to be wrong with it. Clear information, sensibly arranged, loads quickly - already that's better than, say, the Vacheron Constantin site.

Craftsman
    I do hope this was meant as the lowest form of wit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I can't even work out what's felt to be wrong with it. Clear information, sensibly arranged, loads quickly - already that's better than, say, the Vacheron Constantin site.
    Yep, I like it. Does what it needs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Where in the EU is he based ?
    Philippe is based in Madrid and welcomes people who can call in person. When I was buying I sent him a few e-mails which were all answered very promptly and when I bought from him the watch was collected from him on a Monday afternoon and delivered to me before 10.00am on the Tuesday - which is a little better than Royal Mail.

At the end of the day a website is a storefront to display what you have for sale, if you are interested then you go in and discuss it. I would recommend Philippe based on my experience and over on the Vintage Rolex Forum he is on their list of recommended sellers. He certainly gets some top quality stock in.