Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Bad advice.

R
    Do educate then!...............

Does the house have a letter box

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes you have to nudge the police to get them to investigate.

Master
    Why are the police not interested in Fraud?? It's a criminal offence, and if found guilty will lead to a criminal record that has to be declared, next time you need insurance..

A 17 year old lad does not need that on his record...so,done should remind him of this fact...

Craftsman
    I’ve told him I think he will get more cooperation from the police if he actually goes into his local police station rather than calling on the phone, it’s easier to fob someone off on the phone !

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Why are the police not interested in Fraud?? It's a criminal offence, and if found guilty will lead to a criminal record that has to be declared, next time you need insurance..
    Fraud is not necessarily a criminal offence.

If the victim here is getting nowhere with his insurance company then he should seek legal advice as to the best way to proceed, i.e. either civil or criminal process. In terms of getting monies owed, a civil case is more likely to succeed. IMO.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    MCOL claim for the excess - after he wrotes directly to the lad asking for his excess and giving him a reasonable period to pay the same. Presumably only a few hundred quid?
    Bad advice.

R
    , a civil case is more likely to succeed. IMO.

R
    Make your bloody mind up..........

Master
    Fraud is not necessarily a criminal offence.

If the victim here is getting nowhere with his insurance company then he should seek legal advice as to the best way to proceed, i.e. either civil or criminal process. In terms of getting monies owed, a civil case is more likely to succeed. IMO.

R
    I know you love to be pedantic, but insurance Fraud is almost always prosecuted as a criminal offence, in a criminal court..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I know you love to be pedantic, but insurance Fraud is almost always prosecuted as a criminal offence, in a criminal court..
    Is this insurance fraud?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

As advised by a couple of friends who are police officers, and used to with 100% success 4 years ago when knocked off my motorbike by a minicab driver...

Stay on the floor and suffer injury. The police have to get involved and record the incident and details. They also check on the drivers/riders insurance and license status at the time.

You can make a quick recovery in the ambulance (as i did) and ride home as the bike was still rideable (although it turned out £3800 worth of damage).

In my case the police took action against the driver and it went to court where he had 9 points and a £850 fine.. Great news for my insurance company who reclaimed every penny.