closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: House prices in Suffolk- New to the area

Master
    Blog Entries

House prices in Suffolk- New to the area

Hoping you guys and gals can help. We moved to a rented property in Hengrave in September due to my wife's job relocating with AstraZeneca but need to buy a house soon. Looked at about a dozen so far but with no luck. Our 7 year old is at Culford School so we need somewhere not too far away, however I work away all week so my wife does the school run and then a fair commute to Royston and ultimately to the new AZ building near Addenbrookes.
    We have seen a property in Fordnam ST. Martin that is ok but prefer others in Higham and Chevington both of which are bigger and require less work. Both of these are 15-20 mins to school though and my question is are the Fornhams really that much more expensive/ desireable and are there any other areas we should be looking at that offer good VFM. We've seen a few east of Bury but the commute is too far which is a shame as that side seems cheaper!!
    I know it's a very specific topic but any help is much appreciated, especially if anyone knows a shortcut from Chevington to Culford and back to the A14!!

Craftsman
    Have you considered Norfolk ? We are right on suffolk / norfolk border at culford

I work near addenbrookes and don’t bother driving into the last bit. I park at the Babraham Road park and ride and cycle and rarely make slower progress than the cars.

If you can come in on the train I would strongly consider it. The A14 is notoriously bad and as a result a lot of the back roads are bad too.

Are you taking the kids to Culford for the swimming or one of the other sports?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks both. My daughter attends culford and my wife plans on driving to babraham once the new AZ facility is built. I have considered Norfolk but yet to find anywhere I like within 10 mins of culford but find the fornams expensive for what you get.

I think the Fornhams are really your best bet to be honest. Have you looked at the new development near Fornham All Saints? I pass it whenever I’m on my way to Krazy Horse customs for a fry up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jamie... I'm from Oxford and still work there all week so the difference in what you get compared to the house we have just sold in cheshire where as was based hadn't come as a huge surprise!!.. just gutting to sell a 4 bed barn conversion and struggle to get a 4 bed detached on an estate!... where a 4 bed, double garage detached is 480k of n markham park... seen better vfm in the fornhams and close by but the house in chevington is so much more for the money... thanks a lot.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just a bump in ADE anyone else from the area has anything more to add.