closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: mach 3 razor heads up

mach 3 razor heads up

probably send the DE crown into apoplexy, but a tenner for 12 blades and handle- not too shabby.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Ma...eywords=mach+3
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Yeah good heads up but as soon as I added to basket it went up to £19.50. Can we share yours?

Look on the bright side Liam. Beards are still in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    probably send the DE crown into apoplexy, but a tenner for 12 blades and handle- not too shabby.
    Still got a couple from an Asda promotion (which I think is repeated now and then). The packs are marked £20.

HotUKDeals is your friend as far as alerts are concerned.

Gillette is starting to feel the pressure from Harry’s (https://www.harrys.com/en/gb)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    All that single use plastic going in to landfill :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    All that single use plastic going in to landfill :(
    Are you thinking of disposables?

Master
    Costco still quite reasonable if you have a card, my last purchase cost me £23.40 for 20 blades.

The disposable versions of this are 4 for £3 in Morrisons so for the people who missed out fill you beards

Couldn't help but note that:

• one of the top sponsored products related to this item is Anusol, and that it is the
    • number one best seller in Women's Manual Shaving

After using Gillette Fusion or WS 5 blade razors, I can’t go back to the 3 blades. The 5 blade razors are expensive but you can get 3 weeks out of each cartridge.

Master
    http://www.razorpit.com/

Might want to try one of these- I've used one for ages, prob get at least 3 times the use out of each blade.

Master
    Are you thinking of disposables?
    No the plastic in the cartridges not to mention the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    No the plastic in the cartridges not to mention the packaging.
    I reckon razor related plastic waste must make up less than 1% of the plastic waste generated by my household. I think food packaging would be the number one suspect at around 40%

Master
    Accepted but it all bugs me.

I reckon razor related plastic waste must make up less than 1% of the plastic waste generated by my household. I think food packaging would be the number one suspect at around 40%
    Obviously depends on council but most of our kitchen plastic is recycled. Only exceptions I can think of (and not much of them) are polystyrene trays, film/bags and netting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Obviously depends on council but most of our kitchen plastic is recycled. Only exceptions I can think of (and not much of them) are polystyrene trays, film/bags and netting.
    Just becuase you stick something into your recycling bin does not guarantee that it won't end up in landfill

mach 3 razor heads up

Just becuase you stick something into your recycling bin does not guarantee that it won't end up in landfill
    Quite correct ! I accidentally “recycled” my keys and when I emailed the council (Long shot I know) I got a convoluted reply about “outsourced to a 3rd party processor”

It is also infeasible they will disassemble the cartridges to separate metal and plastic components. That said I doubt my DE blades will get recycled although would be far easier.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by MB2; 6th July 2018 at 18:46.

Master
    Agreed, which is why products with single use / limited life plastic should be avoided. Like my DE blades which come in a cardboard box. (Actually I'm on Feather at the moment which annoyingly come in a plastic box).

Cartridge razors?

Are those things still going?

Good heads up

£20 in Asda for same.

Glad I snagged them for a tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Cartridge razors?

Yes mate, along with racism and food poisoning

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Cartridge razors?

They’re in all the shops round here!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Gillette is starting to feel the pressure from Harry’s (https://www.harrys.com/en/gb)

Just clicked on on the link in the Harry’s ad on here...£14 for 8 blades and £5 for a tin of gel, I don’t think Gillette have much to worry about.

I paid £10 for 100 DE blades and 50p for a stick of Palmolive soap.
    Last edited by jegger; 25th July 2018 at 18:53.

This just worked for me, thanks!

Good to read a thread full of grown ups who are capable of performing the basic task of shaving their faces without spending hundreds of pounds on fancy and unnecessary equipment.

Yes, yes, lve heard all the "it's just like spending thousands on a watch" arguments, but it's just not.

Shaving for a man is, sorry - should be - the same as brushing his teeth and wiping his backside - you dont go out of your way to buy a rubbish toilet roll or a pound shop toothbrush but, applying minimal care, you can make do and get the same result with either.

Just as, with a modicum of capability, an able-bodied man can get a decent shave from a disposable bic razor.

A mach three is plenty razor enough for all but the least talented of shavers - and l hasten to add a good shave is not a talent - just something every person over 16 should be able to achieve with ease.

Just saying...

Just got the amazon dozen for a tenner too. Thanks Seikopath!! 👍🏼👍🏼

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Good to read a thread full of grown ups who are capable of performing the basic task of shaving their faces without spending hundreds of pounds on fancy and unnecessary equipment.

Yes, yes, lve heard all the "it's just like spending thousands on a watch" arguments, but it's just not.

Shaving for a man is, sorry - should be - the same as brushing his teeth and wiping his backside - you dont go out of your way to buy a rubbish toilet roll or a pound shop toothbrush but, applying minimal care, you can make do and get the same result with either.

Just as, with a modicum of capability, an able-bodied man can get a decent shave from a disposable bic razor.

A mach three is plenty razor enough for all but the least talented of shavers - and l hasten to add a good shave is not a talent - just something every person over 16 should be able to achieve with ease.

Just saying...
    +1........couldn’t put it better!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    +1........couldn’t put it better!
    +1 again good point. And thanks Seikopath for the heads up!

Master

Just saying...
    I don't understand your point. On a thread discussing offers on Mach Three blades you argue that a Mach Three should be enough for anybody, meanwhile anybody arguing for DE or disposable is suggesting what is generally a cheaper alternative. But people are agreeing so I must be missing something clever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    I don't understand your point. On a thread discussing offers on Mach Three blades you argue that a Mach Three should be enough for anybody, meanwhile anybody arguing for DE or disposable is suggesting what is generally a cheaper alternative. But people are agreeing so I must be missing something clever
    I'm so confused as to what I should be doing, and that I'm not worrying enough about what shaving system I'm using.

Craftsman
    Thanks for heads up :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Just saying...
    I'd say it's the same as anything else in life. Buy the best quality you can (possibly secondhand) and then look after it. Invariably, over time, you'll end up paying less than repeatedly buying cheap stuff and you'll have the pleasure of using something decent. Feather As-D2 for me. So good, my wife steals it. A decent DE blade lasts a bit over a week and you can buy a hundred Astra Platinum for a less than a tenner. That's less than ten pence a week. The Feather cost £120 new on ebay a couple of years ago. So call that five pounds a month so far and dropping...

So how long will twelve Mach 3 blades for a tenner last?

Master
    I think this is a good deal

I use contour and mach3 if not DE shaving (travelling et al).

With contour and to some degree mach3 I can what I call soap shave (in an emergency or rush)

In a hotel recently my DE razor went AWOL.

Good spot

B
    Last edited by Brian; 26th July 2018 at 11:33.

What is DE?!?!?

Ok, I've had a beard for the last 30 years, so the cost or trendiness of razors isn't a major factor in my life :)

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Nothing clever at all.

I just enjoyed reading a normal slant on shaving for once, rather than the threads across several forums elevating shaving to some kind of art form.

If a person wants to use a DE razor for economy reasons then great - but a fair few buy them to turn shaving into something that starts to turn rather unnecessary and often pretentious.

All the rituals with unicorn oil, hot towels and snake oil lotions make me smile - just man-up, slap some soap on your face and learn to bloody shave! If your skin is sensitive then buy a can of foam for sensitive skin.
    Shaving shouldn't cost lots of money - even in terms of initial outlay - it's, as l said, on a par with wiping one's backside and brushing one's teeth - you don't need special bog roll and you don't need a £200 sonic toothbrush if you've got basic level or above standards of hand eye coordination and common sense.

Here's rumination :

I have now moved on from disposable BIC razors to a (reduced price) old skool razor and Feather, Double Edged (DE geddit) blades which are about 30p each. Much nicer and cheaper. Double (edged) win.

I would be much happier with no hair growth at all starting tomorrow, including my head. I have a hair dresser (cringe) who charges me £8 a go, and frankly I'd pay her £7 to admire her attributes once every 8 weeks. I've never paid more than £8 for a hair cut, and had roughly the same hair cut for 20years. Sometimes very roughly so. My father aged 74 has masses of hair. I am destined to not to be bald.

What's my next step? The real irony is that my job is all about cutting. I'm the grand flipping daddy of blades.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    What is DE?!?!?

Ok, I've had a beard for the last 30 years, so the cost or trendiness of razors isn't a major factor in my life :)

M

Double edge
    Those old school razor blades that your dad used to use.

Ah. Thanks.

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?