timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    PSA Motolegends Rukka suit this weekend

https://mailchi.mp/motolegends.com/t...0?e=787fa7726e

Code is RUK44

Heads up - I’ve previously spent £1200 on a Rukka suit, the trousers frayed and split after one week and they refused to honour the warranty. Maybe a one-off but I know some riders swear by Rukka so enjoy !

Here's Freddie Dobbs' latest vlog:

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Code is RUK44

Heads up - I’ve previously spent £1200 on a Rukka suit, the trousers frayed and split after one week and they refused to honour the warranty. Maybe a one-off but I know some riders swear by Rukka so enjoy !
    Hugely tempted by this offer but there's just too many bit bills on the horizon at the moment. If I could just buy the trousers I'd be all over it

Lovely ride in the Wolds and Howard Hills, with an accompanying pitter patter of tiny deaths on my visor. At one point I felt myself wipe out an entire family of weeny bugs in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Code is RUK44

Tempted but my pretty ancient HG Master V suit is still serving me well.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Just had a trial go at attaching my roll bag to the pillion seat of my CB125R.

There's a fat single strap that gets locked in place by feeding it under the pillion seat. The only possible four places for attaching the corner straps are all further forward than the pillion seat, so trying to tighten the straps just pulls the bag forward off the pillion seat.

I'm perplexed, can't see a solution. Is there something I'm missing? Will the strap locked under the pillion seat ultimately be the necessary opposing force? All seems very precarious

Maybe I should loop the two rear corner straps under the tail, so they're both going from one side of the bike to the other?

Master
    2nd soulutions better - 1st I think the bag would just move forward

Isn`t it cute to see someone taking their first steps on the long and steep learning curve that can only be motorcycle luggage loading and method.

That sounds like the title of a book - `Motorcycle luggage loading and method - a study of values`
    A probable author would have to be Robert M Pirsig.
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 5th May 2024 at 18:39.

Master
    After all my years on 2 wheels last year was my 1st foray into motorcycle luggage
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Isn`t it cute to see someone taking their first steps on the long and steep learning curve
    I always supposed that once I progress from my 125 I'd be getting a top box, now I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Does your rear seat detach? If so is there somewhere you could attach a strap too on the chassis ( not the seat)

I maybe wrong but I can see a slot under the rear seat, can you use a Roc strap type fixing here?
    The underside of the bag has a strap that can go under the removable pillion seat.

Annoyingly those slots are far too narrow to fit anything in. I had been counting on them without having taken a proper look. Oops. Having learnt that lesson, have now checking that the straps are long enough to complete an across, down, under and up circuit of the tail.

The day I load up and travel, I'll have oodles of time, so I'm sure trial and error will get it to a satisfactory arrangement

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Maybe I should loop the two rear corner straps under the tail, so they're both going from one side of the bike to the other?

Does your rear seat detach? If so is there somewhere you could attach a strap too on the chassis ( not the seat)

I maybe wrong but I can see a slot under the rear seat, can you use a Roc strap type fixing here?

The starting point is to get some decent straps, makes the job so much easier as you can adjust tension forward and aft.
    Can recommend these.

ROK Straps. Not cheap, but they work well.

Just learnt that the Manor Farm Cafe at Bellerby has new management. The hours and menu have slowly built up and it seems to be fully operational now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    The starting point is to get some decent straps, makes the job so much easier as you can adjust tension forward and aft.
    Can recommend these.

ROK Straps. Not cheap, but they work well.
    Thats exactly how it should be done,Rok straps are the best.

Master
    Nice ride out today. No traffic makes it so much more enjoyable.

Master
    Blog Entries

I would buy a rear rack to give better options.

I have lots of bags that have mounting points,D rings etc.

Like this one I still find it much more secure as described below.

https://www.lomo.co.uk/products/15l-...AuOTg3NjcwODIx

In the end the best way to secure any bag is 2 straps crossed over using Rok straps.

https://rokstraps.com/
    Last edited by bwest76; 6th May 2024 at 10:23.