timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    Well that’s the Ducati nicely run in.🤔

It would be a shame to not take advantage of the dry days:

Master
    When I was a student in the 70's my sole mode of transport was a t120 650cc Bonneville .

I may be (re) viewing the memories through rose-tinted specs but I recall it being quite a nice handling bike ( by 70's standards)

However after an impulse buy last w/e I shall no doubt find out :-

I'm glad I still have all my A/F tools

The 'Jubilee' edition.

I remember one on display at the Glasgow Museum of Transport around 77/78.

Master
    I’ve been wanting to ride over Barmouth Bridge for some time, but never got around to it. So today I made the effort, it feels very wrong as there are pedestrians and cyclists, but it’s perfectly legal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    When I was a student in the 70's my sole mode of transport was a t120 650cc Bonneville .

I may be (re) viewing the memories through rose-tinted specs but I recall it being quite a nice handling bike ( by 70's standards)

However after an impulse buy last w/e I shall no doubt find out :-

I'm glad I still have all my A/F tools
    looks great,is it the silver jubilee model? that chaincase looks a bit to shiny for alloy.

Master
    Thanks - yes it is an original Silver Jubilee model with the "J" stamped after the engine number etc. A lot of these were bought and stored but this one has been ridden (15k miles) and as such it has been refurbished a bit by the last owner who as had it for 10 years . Electronic ignition was fitted along with Stainless steel rims and spokes , new chainguard etc and these along with the mudguards were carefully repainted in the original jubilee colours .

The tank was original but if you look closely at the pic you'll see it's a bit tatty so the tank is presently away at the chap who did the mudguards / wheels etc for refurbishment .

Well spotted - the Jubilee did indeed have chromed chain case etc and also the rear light bracket which are "OKish" but I will probably buy new ones and send them away for chroming over the winter which , when fitted, should make the bike pretty presentable

Cheers

JP

Master
    New panniers fitted to the Ducati.

Not bad at all ! Those are about all you could hope for - to work well on the Diavel.

I have SW_Motech Blaze sports panniers for my S1000XR that are not too dissimilar.

Spent the day putting new rubber-shod rear wheel on my S1000XR, then changed the front tyre and bunged that on the bike................

I'm knackered!!!

New Michelin Road 5 on the bike, so they should last a week in southern Brittany and two weeks in the Provence alps. (5,000 miles is about their limit).

Happiness is new tyres !

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    New panniers fitted to the Ducati.

Slighty different panniers but I have the same system for the M1000R ready for a tour of France with Spare Parts starting at the end of June.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    These are Hepco & Becker. They do the same fitting kit but with a slightly bigger bag, but I only need them for a few drinks, and snacks and some spare gloves, puncture repair kit and maybe some throw on waterproofs. So should do the trick for my needs. 👍