closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 360 of 362 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362 LastLast
Results 17,951 to 18,000 of 18078

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Thanks Gyp be interested to know what you think.
    This is one of the 50 made during the Garner era based on the MKII engine so may be not even as reliable as the current generation.
    I know this has been back to Stuart Bodycote who was the service manager who worked for Garner who has set up now servicing the Donnington made bikes.
    Its supposedly had various sensors changed to eliminate a few of the issues they sufffered from.

Fingers crossed!
    It looks great and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Master
    ^^^ Thanks everyone.
    Gyp. Did you find any issues with yours or know of anything that i should be aware of?
    Had a good look around it and can see a few quality issues but nothing i didn't expect.

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    ^^^ Thanks everyone.
    Gyp. Did you find any issues with yours or know of anything that i should be aware of?
    Had a good look around it and can see a few quality issues but nothing i didn't expect.
    Ah, no. I've not owned one, but I did test ride one of the TVS generation bikes a while back.

Loved the chassis/suspension, found the engine a little too "characterful", the electronics/instruments frustrating and the exhaust far, far too loud for daily use.

As well as adding a pillion seat, the TVS (Mk III?) has had quite a few tweaks to improve reliability, though I'm told that the Mk II isn't too bad and if Stuart is maintaining it and has addressed a few of the weak points, it should be fine.

If I was buying a regular Commando, I'd personally seek out a current generation one especially as there's not a massive price premium for doing so, but I realise with very special edition bikes like yours that's not an option.

My son (current Norton employee) sent me a picture today of a Garner-era bike that's been exported to New Zealand where it's used and abused on track days so they can stay together pretty well :-)

Master
    That's great info. Thanks Gyp.
    Yes, i think i'll continue where the previous owner left off and let Stuart keep looking after the bike.
    Not sure this one will see a track day but good to see that it can.

Winter project done.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Winter project done.

That looks very tidy
    How did you deal with the hole in the casing?

Master
    Looks lovely.😎👍

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    That looks very tidy
    How did you deal with the hole in the casing?
    Just filled it in with the TIG.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Tony, I believe John (bwest76 on here) has an electronic gear shift mechanism fitted to his Kawasaki as he experiences huge difficulty changing gear using his foot and the clutch lever.
    Sadly I know all the options and what works/how to get it done as ive tried them all (and researched loads of options,listened to others).

Gear change,clutch,back brake,pegs,boots,handlebars,seat etc.

DCT on NC700/750,VFR,Cross tourer all ridden and variations.

Riding my 18 year old bike with 90,000 on the clock today.

It was mistaken for a new bike again this afty,then the subtle options I have fitted where noticed and I had to explain them.

Quite willing to help anyone who wants help to keep riding.

Simply put I am still riding only becuase of what I have done to my bike (its not been easy).

Master
    Winter project done.

thats really nice,well done Sir.as a fellow vintage triumph buff i know the satisfaction building and riding such a cracking beast.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 1st May 2024 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Sadly I know all the options and what works/how to get it done as ive tried them all (and researched loads of options,listened to others).

Gear change,clutch,back brake,pegs,boots,handlebars,seat etc.

DCT on NC700/750,VFR,Cross tourer all ridden and variations.

Riding my 18 year old bike with 90,000 on the clock today.

It was mistaken for a new bike again this afty,then the subtle options I have fitted where noticed and I had to explain them.

Quite willing to help anyone who wants help to keep riding.

Simply put I am still riding only becuase of what I have done to my bike (its not been easy).
    Apprreciate the PM, John. Hopefully I'll be okay (and I'm now booked for a course of physiotherapy, which should help resolve the issue with my foot). If not, however, I'll speak to you (thanks).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st May 2024 at 18:13.

Winter project done.

Looks lovely sans indicators and oil tank badge, and the new colour with a period type tank badge finishes it off beautifully, well done!

Having thoroughly enjoyed my daydreams of the various 350 Royal Enfields, I'm having an even better one about the Interceptor 650. Ultimately its a bit too retro for me, but thinking about how it moves, how it responds and so on is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Having thoroughly enjoyed my daydreams of the various 350 Royal Enfields, I'm having an even better one about the Interceptor 650. Ultimately its a bit too retro for me, but thinking about how it moves, how it responds and so on is very nice.
    I know you like your Hondas and the look of new bikes but if I were in your shoes, I’d be looking at the Z650RS.

But then I’m probably much older than you and now have a 1979 Z650C.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Looks lovely sans indicators and oil tank badge, and the new colour with a period type tank badge finishes it off beautifully, well done!
    And……..pancake air filters ;)

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    And……..pancake air filters ;)
    I didn't want to list them all, I did spot a fair few changes!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Apprreciate the PM, John. Hopefully I'll be okay (and I'm now booked for a course of physiotherapy, which should help resolve the issue with my foot);. I not, however, I'll speak to you (thanks).
    No problem,I hope it works out for you.

I just wish I had found someone to help me at the start, its been a very long learning curve.

If anyone wants to see how my gearchange works I can put my bike on a ABBA stand and you can have a go (not far from H cafe).

Its manual operated by hand,I can easy upshift without using the clutch just as I would do normally.

Clutch lightened,adjustable levers etc.etc.

It is a smooth as a industrial Kawasaki gear box can be.

Rear brake was an ingenious idea by my friend and cost zip to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I know you like your Hondas and the look of new bikes but if I were in your shoes, I’d be looking at the Z650RS
    I dunno, I do prefer

to

but somewhere in between the two would be nice, eg

Anyway, with your prompting, I am enjoying having a Z650RS daydream, thank you

Master
    ^^^I know someone that has a nice monster 600 in yellow for sale at £1k. Wirral area👍

More bike related stuff

A monster 600 of that era is a long long way away from a new CB500 or Z650, they are like going from a limo to a tractor.

I also think the Kwak looks better in green.

Last edited by Dave+63; 1st May 2024 at 18:53.

A monster 600 of that era is a long long way away from a new CB500 or Z650, they are like going from a limo to a tractor.
    How very dare you?

I also think the Kwak looks better in green.
    Yes, all Kwak should be green. The one in your picture is not in Kawasaki green, though
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

That Kawasaki is a clever model.

Some classic lines, together with reasonable performance and practicality.

Me likeeeee.................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That Kawasaki is a clever model.

Some classic lines, together with reasonable performance and practicality.

Me likeeeee.................
    Have a look at the 900RS with two grand’s worth of Delkavic 4 into 4 pipes! The first one I saw, I thought it was a mid 70’s original Z1.

https://delkevic.com/full-4-4-chrome...e-oem-replica/

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    How very dare you?

Yes, all Kwak should be green. The one in your picture is not in Kawasaki green, though
    I’ve owned two Ducatis, an 89 900SS and a 98 916 so do know what I’m talking about. Tractors they may be but non the worse for that.

I do still have a green one but the Z650 was never made in green. Neither was the GPz750 to be fair.

More bike related stuff

I am pretty sure the z650 was made in green. It is however possible that it was never sold in this country (it was also a darker green than the classic K green).

Last edited by Saint-Just; 1st May 2024 at 23:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I am pretty sure the z650 was made in green. It is however possible that it was never sold in this country (it was also a darker green than the classic K green).

Of course, you are right Marc, the original Z650 did come in green, hence the new green homage. In my defence, it was a long time ago!

I always liked bikes in Eddie Lawson colours

Of course, you are right Marc, the original Z650 did come in green, hence the new green homage. In my defence, it was a long time ago!
    I went on French google just after my post to find an image of that era because I wanted to check I had not lost my marbles completely (you know your stuff with Kwak, and I never owned one).

Took the A19 up to Yarm, against a very unhelpful headwind, then turned west and went to Barnard Castle. Then south to Langthwaite, over to the Tan Hill Inn and south via Keld and the Buttertubs Pass to Hawes, for a well-earned toastie and cuppa. Now to choose a route home.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Yeap , looked at selling but hasn’t happened and I haven’t really looked at anything new to replace it. Maybe next year or I simply buy another bike to go with this one!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I always liked bikes in Eddie Lawson colours
    You would Love mine a newer version then, random people even non bikers are always coming up and admiring it (I have the sticker).

I saw a new Kawasaki 650 in a kind of ELR colour scheme that looked ace this week.

Though I cant find an image by googling.

How I wish I looked,though its probaly more like Malcolm nowadays.

[

R80 passed its MOT today despite monsoon conditions. Only 4 more to do.

Street Scrambler in for MOT tomorrow, expect snowdrifts and plagues of locusts.

Since it's good to have it as well-grooved habit when it's needed, I've been looking for every opportunity to take a steep hairpin at in 1st gear. On the flat, my 125 is very tetchy in first, but on a nice steep slopes going round a tight corner, doing 12mph at 5,000rpm feels fantastically under control, I have the sensation of the throttle gripping the surface directly, very steady, very safe

I have remarkably wet testicles.

And another MOTed bike.

On balance, that's an acceptable trade off

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

And another MOTed bike.

I didn't realize that was now an MOT requirement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

And another MOTed bike.

Mot tester bribery ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I didn't realize that was now an MOT requirement.
    No doubt trialling it as a future safety test; three minutes with your testicles in a bucket of ice is a pass.

Master
    Shopping in Chester this afternoon, saw a guy with a Haga / Ducati body warmer. Thought thats Glen Irwin. Stopped to say hello and he just chatted away for about five minutes. He is up here for the BSB round at Oulton Park. He said the riders really like Oulton as it a great “ riders circuit”. He chatted about Pecco’s final lap with Marquez at the weekend.

Following racing on Monday he flys to Ireland for the NW200 then onto another round of BSB. When I arrived home I looked up BSB latest news to see he is currently the fastest qualifier. What a really great guy to chat too, no airs or graces.

No doubt trialling it as a future safety test; three minutes with your testicles in a bucket of ice is a pass.
    :-)

It's been such a long time since I'd experienced it, I'd forgotten how horrible the cold water dribbling down into my boots felt.

Someone must make obese dwarf motorcycling trousers. I must continue the search.

Master
    PSA Motolegends Rukka suit this weekend

https://mailchi.mp/motolegends.com/t...0?e=787fa7726e

Code is RUK44

Heads up - I’ve previously spent £1200 on a Rukka suit, the trousers frayed and split after one week and they refused to honour the warranty. Maybe a one-off but I know some riders swear by Rukka so enjoy !

Here's Freddie Dobbs' latest vlog:

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Code is RUK44

Heads up - I’ve previously spent £1200 on a Rukka suit, the trousers frayed and split after one week and they refused to honour the warranty. Maybe a one-off but I know some riders swear by Rukka so enjoy !
    Hugely tempted by this offer but there's just too many bit bills on the horizon at the moment. If I could just buy the trousers I'd be all over it

Lovely ride in the Wolds and Howard Hills, with an accompanying pitter patter of tiny deaths on my visor. At one point I felt myself wipe out an entire family of weeny bugs in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Code is RUK44

Tempted but my pretty ancient HG Master V suit is still serving me well.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Just had a trial go at attaching my roll bag to the pillion seat of my CB125R.

There's a fat single strap that gets locked in place by feeding it under the pillion seat. The only possible four places for attaching the corner straps are all further forward than the pillion seat, so trying to tighten the straps just pulls the bag forward off the pillion seat.

I'm perplexed, can't see a solution. Is there something I'm missing? Will the strap locked under the pillion seat ultimately be the necessary opposing force? All seems very precarious

Maybe I should loop the two rear corner straps under the tail, so they're both going from one side of the bike to the other?

Master
    2nd soulutions better - 1st I think the bag would just move forward

Isn`t it cute to see someone taking their first steps on the long and steep learning curve that can only be motorcycle luggage loading and method.

That sounds like the title of a book - `Motorcycle luggage loading and method - a study of values`
    A probable author would have to be Robert M Pirsig.
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 5th May 2024 at 18:39.

Master
    After all my years on 2 wheels last year was my 1st foray into motorcycle luggage
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

^^^And smashed it on your first attempt.