TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Threaded View

Work starts today...

Well, my exterior work starts today, and will include:

• New side gate
    • New fencing to front garden
    • Demolition of old slab and removal of two old sheds
    • Provision of new slab and electrics for garage (including 2 ground anchors)
    • Provision of path to patio
    • Conversion of existing patio steps to ramp
    • Provision/fixing of garage (including steel side door, opening window, guttering and downpipes)
    • Installation of electrics (consumer unit, 4 x double sockets and LED lighting)

I got three quotes (all from builders who seemed highly regarded on Rated People), and costs - excluding the garage, which is about £4.5k including delivery and fixing - ranged from £12k to £9.2k; I'm going with the cheapest, as he seems at least as proficient as the other two. Total costs for the garage and associated work alone will amount to £11.6k but I'm hoping it'll add a bit of value to the house (albeit it's going to be at the end of the garden, and won't provide storage for cars). Anyway, I went for 12'x18' in the end, and it'll look pretty much like this although the path to the patio is going to be narrower (about 4'wide, in fact, as I want to limit the loss of lawn)...

The garage is going up on 23rd May, and I'll be collecting my bike from storage as soon thereafter as I can. As you can imagine, it's very exciting!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 29th April 2024 at 11:53.