closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I meant those roads where the sides are lower than the centre, near the curbs. When you’re near the curb, the outside leg easily touches the road but the nearside one not so easily. If the bike leans the wrong way, by the time your foot is fully down and you can use your leg muscles, the bike will be too far gone.
    You will only fully understand once you’ve been caught out, and it’s not a situation that you’re likely to encounter during your training.
    Another trick is to learn to never park front wheel first against a curb: bikes don’t have a reverse gear and even a slight incline makes it very difficult to leave.
    All those things have little to do with getting your DAS and the sort of things you’ll learn by falling for them first. Learning to pick your bike up may also be useful
    Been riding over 40 years and was caught out in a similar way like that last year. Didn't realise the front wheel was on a slightly raised section. Sidestand was too short because of it and down it went. By the time I realised it was too far gone! Much to the amusement of my buddy who was with me!

Ian

Just as an aside, my refined list is now looking like this (I've replaced the Street Triple with the Twin Bonneville, although obviously I could test both; however, the Twin does seem far more suitable and the seat is a lot lower):

Larger engines:

Ducati Scrambler Icon
    Triumph Street Twin
    Yamaha MT-07

Smaller engines:

Honda CMX500 Rebel (a nice low seat due to the semi-bobber styling)
    Honda CB500F (a good all-purpose bike with a lowish seat height)

The StreetTwin is the look that's doing it for me at the moment, though - takes me back to the days when my mates were all on Bonnies and Tigers!

Last edited by learningtofly; 13th August 2018 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Just as an aside, my refined list is now looking like this (I've replaced the Street Triple with the Twin Bonneville, although obviously I could test both; however, the Twin does seem far more suitable and the seat is a lot lower):

Larger engines:

Ducati Scrambler Icon
    Triumph Street Twin
    Yamaha MT-07

Smaller engines:

Honda CMX500 Rebel (a nice low seat due to the semi-bobber styling)
    Honda CB500X (a genuine all-purpose bike)

The StreetTwin is the look that's doing it for me at the moment, though - takes me back to the days when my mates were all on Bonnies and Tigers!

When I was looking the Triumphs had a stiffer clutch. Something to look for in your deliberations as they can be tiring in traffic

IF you go for a StreetTwin...go for the most basic model available.
    Will save a bit of coin, and give you loads of scope to mod it and add a few nice 'goodies' that will personalise it...and make it yours.

Master
    A tall seat needn't be a deal breaker -