closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seadweller toolkit - Two versions FYI

Craftsman

Seadweller toolkit - Two versions FYI

I popped into Rolex St. James's today to pick up a Seadweller toolkit, having originally enquired and looked at one (but did not buy) last year. Turns out there are two versions now. The first photo is the one I saw last year (I took a photo of it then) with clear plastic pockets and screwdriver mounted in the spine of the wallet. This is the older version, likely being phased out. The second, new, version does not have clear pockets and the screwdriver is now mounted horizontally on the top. I was given the new version initially but showed them my photo from last year. They went out back and brought out what they had available - 3x new version and 1x old version. I took the old one! £120 (incl VAT).

Last edited by groyn; 6th September 2018 at 15:09.

Master
    There are more than two versions :-)

the clear insert one would be proper old, triple six's i'm sure have a toolkit like that.

my 16600 (bought new in 2008) came with the the one simlar to second one without the clear pocket with for the long dive extension, and without the extra bit of material over the pocket.

Craftsman
    Thank you Haywood and Endo. My 16600 is from 2007, so perhaps I erred in my choice. I prefer it though. Haywood, how many versions are there? One for each SD generation, or more random than that?

There’s a dark green one (same layout as 2nd photo) with a smooth finish. I believe came out around 2005/6 for 16600. I’m after one for mine.

Did you have to take your watch there in person?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    the clear insert one would be proper old, triple six's i'm sure have a toolkit like that.

my 16600 (bought new in 2008) came with the the one simlar to second one without the clear pocket with for the long dive extension, and without the extra bit of material over the pocket.

I have a smooth one without the material strip. It has a spot of Velcro on the extension pocket flap.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeep1221 View Post
    Did you have to take your watch there in person?
    Yes I did. They took it away and recorded all the details that then appeared on the sales invoice for the toolkit: Model reference, serial number, dial reference, bracelet reference.