closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Value Rolex datejust

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Value Rolex datejust

A friend of mine has just told me he has had a Rolex datejust that was a gift for his 18th approx 25 years ago. It's never been worn the bracelet is unsized. And he's asked me what it's worth.

It's a diamond dot datejust with champagne dial . yellow gold bezel and tt jubilee bracelet.

It's running nicely and keeping good time.

Any ideas

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 17bex; 12th October 2018 at 15:53.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Different size, different finish to the case and different bezel on that one you linked to.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Different size, different finish to the case and different bezel on that one you linked to.
    Apologies, they all look the same to me!

Assuming he has the papers as well I'd say GBP 4-5k. Not the most populair variation and diamond are a no go for a lot of people but still an interesting one. BTW: don't think a trader will pay that....

Amazing that it's gone unworn, maybe a bit OTT for some but would have been nice to have at least sized the bracelet..

Price wise - not sure but I do know it would be completely different if it was a Sub or GMT, essentially a NOS 16710 from 1993 would be very much in demand..

Grand Master
    Nice watch, shame about the dial!

Hard to put a price on it with that dial; after 25 years it would be wise to have it serviced before using it. Swapping the dial would add approx £400 to the service cost, which will be around £500.

For me, the dial devalues the watch, but I guess it’ll appeal to some! I’d put the value around £4500.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Nice watch, shame about the dial!

Hard to put a price on it with that dial; after 25 years it would be wise to have it serviced before using it. Swapping the dial would add approx £400 to the service cost, which will be around £500.

For me, the dial devalues the watch, but I guess it’ll appeal to some! I’d put the value around £4500.

Paul

Master
    Right now today, two tone and diamond dials are out of fashion and hence do not fetch decent prices. I would simply put it back in the drawer until it returns back into fashion as it surely will.

I’d guess a trader may pay £3k.....
    To the right private buyer, could be worth up to £4-5k

A 16233 Datejust on 62523 H.18 bracelet with new style diamond dial, Boxes and original papers would sell in the North for circa £4,5k and be bought for say circa £3k and down South for circa £500 above those prices if that's of help.
    Phil.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 13th October 2018 at 15:55.

Journeyman
    I have similar colour watch.. but it has a Tudor badge on it.. wouldn’t even fetch £800, so £4-5k is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    A 16233 Datejust on 62523 H.18 bracelet with new style diamond dial, Boxes and original papers would sell in the North for circa £4,5k and be bought for say circa £3k and down South for circa £500 above those prices if that's of help.
    Phil.
    But how much of a premium should be added for the watch being essentially NOS?

I own a 1986 16013 that's had virtually no wear, original owner sold it to me and claimed he'd worn it around a dozen times. I`ve worn it very sparingly over the past few years, maybe 3-4 times/year, so mine's like a brand new watch too. It's hard to say what premium should be added to watches like this........but mine's not for sale so it matter little to me.

When you look at the price of the latest version, watches like this look like great value! One big plus with a NOS/near-mint watch is the condition of the bracelet, bimetal jubilees can wear very badly so it's a big advantage to find one that's got zero wear.

Paul

About 4.5K

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app