closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFO's, UAP's, Flying Saucers...have you seen one? What's your story?

Craftsman

UFO's, UAP's, Flying Saucers...have you seen one? What's your story?

I have to confess to have never seen a UFO or any kind of unexplained aerial phenomenon. Much as I would have liked to. But maybe you've seen something and have a tail to tell?
    Last edited by A440; 16th May 2024 at 10:46.

I suspect that most sightings are caused by reflections from lights or glass & doctored photos, and fanciful imagination 😁

Not UFO per se but there's a Cambridge Professor who reckons there's a good chance his team has discovered alien life on a distant planet;

https://youtu.be/Bj0PXPeKJRE?si=ylXFvHDmd0Kc5kRG

Grand Master
    How many people on the Planet,how many of those people with a device that takes very clear(not blurry)pics and or vidoes of these UFO's!!!.
    Always amazes me that anyone wanting to show how good the pics are on their mobile phones can take super sharp & clear pics,yet something like a yeti or UFO suddenly becomes a blurred shaky image!!!.
    Even the US pics and videos taken by their top gun pilots arent clear!,and yet I'd assume have the very best cameras available to Man.
    Quick to say they can read print on a newspaper from space Ive heard say.
    But I guess its all possible.I stayed up all night Christmas eve in the hope of getting Santa Claus on video,but I think He has a cloaking device........Must have,the presents were there and yet I never saw him,My Wife went awol for a time,could have been helping him I guess.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 16th May 2024 at 14:08.

I saw something once. Actually, I have seen something many times, but "seen whilst staggering back from the Duke of Wellington" removes credence from most instances.

I was driving home from fishing one evening. I fish on the East Lancashire moors. The unclassified road leading to & from the reservoir runs through farmland and is crossed by a National Grid high-voltage line:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.73...!1e1?entry=ttu

One misty evening I saw in the vicinity of the power line a huge voluminous sheet-shape object, rectangular, maybe 200ft x 125ft, for all the world looking like a vast sheet of polythene film. It was floating maybe 100ft up, swirling, rising, falling, moving from side to side, its actions remarkably similar to a murmuration of starlings. It barely stood out from the mist; maybe just "thicker" if you know what I mean.

I was mesmerised and parked up to watch (nothing ever uses that road) and the show lasted about ten minutes, then the "sheet" rose into the mist and disappeared.

No explanation from me. I have a folder into which I place all the "Not a Clue" items. This one is firmly in there.

As an aside, about a mile north from where this took place is a crossroads. Middle of nowhere, but two roads cross, so a crossroads. Several times when going to or returning from the fishing, there would be a guy standing at the crossroads - in east Lancashire - playing the Scottish Bagpipes in full highland regalia. An odd sight, but much easier to explain than the voluminous self-levitating giant plastic sheet.

I wondered why the saucer was getting bigger, and then it hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    How many people on the Planet,how many of those people with a device that takes very clear(not blurry)pics and or vidoes of these UFO's!!!.
    Always amazes me that anyone wanting to show how good the pics are on their mobile phones can take super sharp & clear pics,yet something like a yeti or UFO suddenly becomes a blurred shaky image!!!.
    I suspect when AI's Sora is open for public use we're going to see a lot more high quality UFO and other phenomenon videos. As if the news isn't already bad enough, the Tabloids will be full of fake news.

Blog Entries
    I confess there are many things I have not seen. Does that make them unreal?

ref: Solipsism
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th May 2024 at 09:58.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’ve seen a flying squirrel. Explain that to me.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    UFO pilot doing some freelancing.....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I've seen a house fly.

I remember reading on here a while back that "maybe UFOs are just billionaires from other planets".

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I've seen a house fly.
    :snort:

During the war in Bosnia, in Sarajevo, a friend of mine was convinced and adamant that he had seen a triangular UFO in the clouds. It turned out it was an F-117 Nighthawk. I was really jealous as I really wanted to see one, but never did.

Recent article crosses over a couple of zeitgesity themes - i.e. that artificial super-intelligence may explain the Fermi Paradox.

It's always worth remembering that any species advanced enough to have found ways to cross the vastness of space is unlikely to want to try to communicate with a species so primitive as ours - in much the same way that humans don't try to talk to ants.

It's also worth remembering that such species would send unmanned probes of a nature undetectable by our technologies.

I do believe other intelligent life exists - space is incomprehensibly vast: billions of entire galaxies, trillions of stars, perhaps quadrillions of planets - though very few of those in their stars 'Goldilocks' zones. It'll be rare, and, if the article above is right, it won't be biological.

Uh, only once saw anything strange that left me wondering, which was on a nightly late night dog walk* about 18 months ago: a satellite caught my eye almost overhead which after a few seconds smoothly accelerated to a speed faster than any satellite I've seen, and then changed course! Whatever it actually was made no sound, and so much as it is possible with a pinpoint of light, it appeared to be very high in the sky with no nav lights - and we have routine day and night overflights of Tornadoes, F15s, F22s, F35s and assorted drones to compare with, so I have some familiarity. I'd assume it was something manmade, but what, I have no idea.

*Until about 6 months ago when I changed their diet, the dogs needed a routine midnight walk to ensure I didin't come downstairs in the AM to a cleanup operation... I kinda miss it - just us and the owls and foxes.

Grand Master
    Look,maybe the Politicians are lying to the hard working people.

Been known for this....

Even the US pics and videos taken by their top gun pilots arent clear!,and yet I'd assume have the very best cameras available to Man.
    UFO’s are equipped with jamming equipment that distorts cameras from taking clear pictures when too close.

Yeti’s teleport from different dimensions which can also distort the camera.

Thought everyone knew that.

Master
    My UFO experience turned out to be Chinese lanterns, rising on one wind, then changing direction as they reached a cross wind at a higher level. Watching them do this, in a regular line, then "changing course" was very "unreal" at the time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Recent article crosses over a couple of zeitgesity themes - i.e. that artificial super-intelligence may explain the Fermi Paradox.

It's always worth remembering that any species advanced enough to have found ways to cross the vastness of space is unlikely to want to try to communicate with a species so primitive as ours - in much the same way that humans don't try to talk to ants.

It's also worth remembering that such species would send unmanned probes of a nature undetectable by our technologies.

I do believe other intelligent life exists - space is incomprehensibly vast: billions of entire galaxies, trillions of stars, perhaps quadrillions of planets - though very few of those in their stars 'Goldilocks' zones. It'll be rare, and, if the article above is right, it won't be biological.

Uh, only once saw anything strange that left me wondering, which was on a nightly late night dog walk* about 18 months ago: a satellite caught my eye almost overhead which after a few seconds smoothly accelerated to a speed faster than any satellite I've seen, and then changed course! Whatever it actually was made no sound, and so much as it is possible with a pinpoint of light, it appeared to be very high in the sky with no nav lights - and we have routine day and night overflights of Tornadoes, F15s, F22s, F35s and assorted drones to compare with, so I have some familiarity. I'd assume it was something manmade, but what, I have no idea.

*Until about 6 months ago when I changed their diet, the dogs needed a routine midnight walk to ensure I didin't come downstairs in the AM to a cleanup operation... I kinda miss it - just us and the owls and foxes.
    Good story, but lately I've been wondering if space ships are the way advanced species travel the universe. Distances are just to big and hitting something with 8X light speed is certainly going to kill you. If they travel it's probably some sort of teleport system, entering one way coming out again on a different planet. Shame really, I love old school Sci-Fi and all the dreamt up ships.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    I keep reading this title as "OAPs"

Blog Entries
    I've seen them. They walk among us. It's the only explanation.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So you have the special glasses? They live, don’t you know?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

“I see dead people.”

I’ve never seen one but I do believe in them , apparently some people think they saved the earth during the japan Fukushima nuclear disaster explosion

I believe the chances of other civilisations, that are sufficiently advanced to travel across the cosmos and be capable of visiting earth, existing at the same point in time as earths civilisation, is infinitesimally small considering the age of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I believe the chances of other civilisations, that are sufficiently advanced to travel across the cosmos and be capable of visiting earth, existing at the same point in time as earths civilisation, is infinitesimally small considering the age of the universe.
    The age of the universe is estimated at 13.7 billion years old some people think double

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    And as it is infinite then there is more than one of you, and me.

And this message has been typed before, and will be typed again, and is being typed twice as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    I keep reading this title as "OAPs"
    There's a thread for that!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    And as it is infinite then there is more than one of you, and me.

And this message has been typed before, and will be typed again, and is being typed twice as I type.
    Parallel universes four dimensions, I really can believe that.

Wise man told us once:

There's a starman waiting in the sky
    He'd like to come and meet us
    But he thinks he'd blow our minds
    There's a starman waiting in the sky
    He's told us not to blow it
    'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
    He told me
    Let the children lose it
    Let the children use it
    Let all the children boogie

Master
    Definitely Life on Mars in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    ... lately I've been wondering if space ships are the way advanced species travel the universe. Distances are just to big and hitting something with 8X light speed is certainly going to kill you. If they travel it's probably some sort of teleport system, entering one way coming out again on a different planet. Shame really, I love old school Sci-Fi and all the dreamt up ships.

You raise a good point, and you're probably right. Moving lumps of matter around over vast distances at unimaginable speed, and quite likely perturbing temporal space in a controlled manner - if it proves possible at-all, likely won't involve physical entities of any kind.

One thing's for sure, somewhere, in one of those corners of the Universe that is many billions of years older than our own, some species that has survived its own experiments with ASI - or some post-ASI entities - will have long since acquired the answers. In so-doing, they may have lost the desire to undertake travel in this physical realm. For example, bogglingly vast and complex though space is, all you need is the knowledge-base and computing ability and you will be able to model all of it, over all of time - which removes the need to actually explore it...

Reports from personnel who have supposedly examined alien craft (and asserted that elements have been reverse engineered already by humans) state that they seem to be able to manipulate gravity, meaning Gforces are not an issue. They are also able to generate their own electrical power. Finally those who have studied them up close have said there are no rivets, joins etc, it is as if the craft have somehow been moulded out of a single piece of dull metallic material.

All allegedly of course!

What are peoples thoughts on the Black knight satellite? Been well documented and there are pictures of this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the Black knight satellite? Been well documented and there are pictures of this
    Reminds me of ‘The eyes in the sky’ peering into the Pooliverse.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    You raise a good point, and you're probably right. Moving lumps of matter around over vast distances at unimaginable speed, and quite likely perturbing temporal space in a controlled manner - if it proves possible at-all, likely won't involve physical entities of any kind.

One thing's for sure, somewhere, in one of those corners of the Universe that is many billions of years older than our own, some species that has survived its own experiments with ASI - or some post-ASI entities - will have long since acquired the answers. In so-doing, they may have lost the desire to undertake travel in this physical realm. For example, bogglingly vast and complex though space is, all you need is the knowledge-base and computing ability and you will be able to model all of it, over all of time - which removes the need to actually explore it...
    That's the beauty of it all, we can discuss this endlessly over many pints and in the end it's probably beyond our imagination end very different to what we ever thought possible.

Master
    Event horizon channel on YouTube, hosted by John Michael Godier, is a fascinating Astronomy programme with very qualified guests. They take frequent forays into fermi paradox and alien life etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Event horizon channel on YouTube, hosted by John Michael Godier, is a fascinating Astronomy programme with very qualified guests. They take frequent forays into fermi paradox and alien life etc.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Any super close up pics of it,we have been orbiting earth for a good while & capable of manoeuvres that will have earthlings park inches away from it,and even a quick spacewalk to get even more after a good nosey.

Nah not done that yet hey!!....Just happy to let us all see it from a distance & keep up the suspense or myth.

We knock people down driving at 20mph,how would we go on at light speed trying to avoid a pebble sized rock that would cause untold damage......Speed & Distances are and will always be the issue.....imo.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 17th May 2024 at 10:05.

Blog Entries

..though if the universe is not a mechanistic model - they (we) can get to an approximation of 'reality' but every time we (they) examine the universe(s) the universe(s) throw up curve balls which means the theories at best need revision, or more likely are incomplete.

Master
    Any super close up pics of it,we have been orbiting earth for a good while & capable of manoeuvres that will have earthlings park inches away from it,and even a quick spacewalk to get even more after a good nosey.

Nah not done that yet hey!!....Just happy to let us all see it from a distance & keep up the suspense or myth.

We knock people down driving at 20mph,how would we go on at light speed trying to avoid a pebble sized rock that would cause untold damage......Speed & Distances are and will always be the issue.....imo.
    It’s not just pebble sized, dust particles already batter satellites etc when they’re traveling fast enough.

But, it’s all just the Universe as we understand it, civilizations millions of years older than ours may have a different understanding.

On the Black Knight thing, it was a small ISS heat shield component apparently, and burnt up in our atmosphere a week after it came loose.

https://www.space.com/what-is-the-black-knight.html

Yes, saw it in 1997, I've posted the story on here in a past thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Reports from personnel who have supposedly examined alien craft (and asserted that elements have been reverse engineered already by humans) state that they seem to be able to manipulate gravity, meaning Gforces are not an issue. They are also able to generate their own electrical power. Finally those who have studied them up close have said there are no rivets, joins etc, it is as if the craft have somehow been moulded out of a single piece of dull metallic material.

All allegedly of course!
    Hokum.

great for contacting aliens ive found

All allegedly of course!
    How does manipulating gravity make Gforce not be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    How does manipulating gravity make Gforce not be an issue?
    I have absolutely no idea, I just read some stuff that may or may not be absolute b*llocks (probably the former) allegedly from folk who'd studied these craft first hand and apparently the usual laws of physics don't apply to them which is why they are able to manoeuvre at great speeds and with such rapid deviations in direction without squishing whatever is inside.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    You're in for a treat. 7/8 years of weekly podcasts with very clever people who know how to communicate.

Grand Master
    I have absolutely no idea, I just read some stuff that may or may not be absolute b*llocks (probably the former) allegedly from folk who'd studied these craft first hand and apparently the usual laws of physics don't apply to them which is why they are able to manoeuvre at great speeds and with such rapid deviations in direction without squishing whatever is inside.
    They will 100% have bucket seats and full light speed harnesses for jaunts out n about,plus nipping to earth for photo sessions.

Probably buy from some equivalent of our motor spares shop......fitting extra whilst charging the craft.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 17th May 2024 at 17:40.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I saw one land once, just on the edge of earth.