closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Rattled out 5.4km this morning, would of been easy to not to bother as it was snowing and there was a couple of inches on ground as well, stuck to the pavements due to the conditions, legs will feel it tomorrow as it’s my first run in a couple of weeks.
    You only ever regret not going for a run

Mild jog tonight with my wife, 7km tomorrow lunch and would like to do a 10km in Wells next to the sea at the weekend…. Looking on Google satellite it looks about 5km one way

Sent a request, need to do more running. Currently doing Military Fitness but need to add in some running 👍🏻

Does anyone run with AirPod pros? I’m looking to get some wireless headphones as my wired ones are annoying me now on longer runs! I have QC35 but I can’t run in on ear headphones!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Does anyone run with AirPod pros? I’m looking to get some wireless headphones as my wired ones are annoying me now on longer runs! I have QC35 but I can’t run in on ear headphones!

I run regularly with AirPod pros on Road and Trail and have never had any issues.

Blog Entries
    I bought these...

The pairing can be a bit hit & miss (with my Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music) - but once paired they work well & the sound quality is more than adequate for running. I really like not having to take the iPhone & no wires.
    I also find them very comfortable - even up to 2h (walking not running I might add)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DESTEK-T1-W.../dp/B07SKJ982Q

Perform much better than the £26.99 price tag might suggest.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 29th April 2020 at 11:46.

Thanks chaps. Useful info. I’ll do some more research.

Master
    Thanks chaps. Useful info. I’ll do some more research.
    I have the AirPods Pro don’t use them for sports use my Jabra 65 active which are about to get replaced by the 75 active t. I find the Jabras really good for running.

Master
    I run with Jabra Elite Active 75Ts. Brilliant things.

Craftsman
    I run using Aftershox bond conducting earphones - I personally really like the fact I can still hear traffic etc

Craftsman
    I was a bit dubious of them too but they work great for me. I’ve used a few different brands inc. bose wireless and like the AirPod pros the most.

Blog Entries
    Got some last week through my WTB.

First run was 10 miles at 8:30 ave and they were perfect no issue or concerns.

Absolutely lov em

Pitch

My Triathlon club decided that as all competitions are off for the foreseeable future, we would run some virtual club competitions to keep people ticking over and keep the interest levels up. The first one was a 5k run vs your PB since Jan 2019, making it an improvement thing, rather than a straight up competition.

Since lockdown began, I’ve continued to run, but done no speed work as I had been enjoying doing that at the Parkruns before they stopped. My fastest time was my last Parkrun at 21:26 whilst running with a friend. So, was very pleased today to run a 21:20 solo without anyone to chase or spur me on. Whilst I’m not going to be the one with the greatest improvements (some are being very sketchy about their times...), I’m just happy to run a PB, and know that my ticking-over and Zwifting is obviously still taking me in the right direction...

All I’ll need to do when/if the season returns is to gain a bit of swimming fitness, and loose the additional couple of kg’s that seem to have built up, although I suspect that some of it is an increase of muscle mass on my legs due to the additional cycling...

So, happy days until the next competition...

Journeyman
    look up lypertek tevi, relatively inexpensive for the quality with highly rated sound and great water resistance

Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    look up lypertek tevi, relatively inexpensive for the quality with highly rated sound and great water resistance
    Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Request to join sent.

Master
    A message to anyone who needs to hear it…

I couldn’t run 2k without stopping when I started running not that long ago. A 5k was an absolute struggle and a 10k seemed unachievable. But slowly, I improved. Surround yourself with like minded people who will build you up and help you improve. Parkrun is great for this.

Remember too — your pace is your pace. Don’t worry about guys knocking out 5/7/9 minute miles, if your pace is 10 minute miles. That’s your pace.

If you’re getting off the sofa and running a few kms, WELL DONE, KEEP GOING

Master
    I am slowly struggling back to fitness, 27 minutes for the parkrun 5k last week. I am 75 this year, and certainly still want to get below 23 minutes again. I am always interested in shoes as I change mine very (too??) frequently as I am looking for comfort and cushioning as I do not want to risk knee and lower back injuries.
    So I am always interested to see what people here think about their shoes, and have followed up previous ideas from posts - and very happily.

Master
    If you want cushioning without carbon plates etc, the Nike Invincible are a good shout. And any of the stability shoes from Saucony/New Balance/Asics would also work well.

I’d look for Peba foam rather than EVA as this will be softer and lighter

I hope to be still running at 75!

Blog Entries
    @walkerwek1958 thank you for taking the time to post on the thread.

I could go off on one for the good of the top fellas on here who are all trying to regain or finding a new love of running, sorry, I mean a “brisk jog” at best, but I won’t.

@everyone else. Continue with what you are doing, you are doing great and as we have all said at some point enjoy it, and all the fun of the kit buying in the process.

Finally, for me and almost everyone I am involved with in my brisk jogging club, plated shoes have made for quicker times , whether it be a 17:00 or 27:00 min 5k.

Pitch

Master
    Training starts Thursday. Possibly Wednesday. Will be looking at >100km per week from mid Feb!

Grand Master
    Have made a few of you admins so please accept requests as they come in as Im having an internet time reduction from tomorrow
    RIAC

Managed 6.4km this morning, stuck to the red wine last night and never even had a whisky
    Felt good today but was pretty cold.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

TZUK Running Club

Not happy.... ran for an hour and fifteen and only covered 7.1 miles! Mind you there was a 300ft hill on my way definitely getting fitter due to this club. Hoping to put another 5 miles in tomorrow after work

Been lazy all the way through xmas and haven’t been out for a run since 21/12 I’ve been out on the bike twice

Back to work tomorrow though so will set my alarm for 6.10 and get out to do a mile or two (despite the frost)

Craftsman
    Out today for a wee leg stretch. Need to get back in the habit.

I use an iPhone running Strava and a Fitbit Charge 2 to collect heart rate data. Does anyone know if the HR data can/will transfer to Strava.... mine doesn’t ☹️

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I use an iPhone running Strava and a Fitbit Charge 2 to collect heart rate data. Does anyone know if the HR data can/will transfer to Strava.... mine doesn’t ☹️

My data transfers from my Alta HR

Sorted using the Fitbit app

Journeyman
    Anyone running London vitality half or the marathon this year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TZUK Running Club

So there are 39 runners in the tz club! I’ve checked.

Tonight, I get a PB running home from work and go onto Strava all cock-a-hoop about what I’ve done. Even show the wife!!!!

So what I hear you say....

Well here’s what.... I only got mullered on one of the legs by Tim L on Strava. 38 other runners in the country and one of you lot lives down my road! FFS

(nice one Tim )

Tim!...................... Me!

Last edited by TAG0001; 15th January 2019 at 00:14.

Craftsman
    Is anyone using the venerable old Microsoft Band 2 GPS watch to run with? I have had mine since they first launched and it has been a loyal servant (battery life is getting crap now!) ? It appears the Microsoft health dashboard that the Band 2 syncs to has an issue with the connected Strava app and won't connect /sync correctly. I have just been chatting to online support to Band tech support and I have raised a tech assist for them to check the Strava link and see if they can get it working again. I haven't been able to share 3 runs so far and I dropping off the leader board!!

Blog Entries

Tonight, I get a PB running home from work and go onto Strava all cock-a-hoop about what I’ve done. Even show the wife!!!!

Well here’s what.... I only got mullered on one of the legs by Tim L on Strava. 38 other runners in the country and one of you lot lives down my road! FFS

(nice one Tim )

Nice one Tim

Request to join sent, I’m trying to run more regularly too
    Cheers
    Dan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Nice one Tim
    Is this me ? Can’t see any other Tim’s ? ! Haha if it is :)

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    Is this me ? Can’t see any other Tim’s ? ! Haha if it is :)
    Yep.

Master
    Yep.

We shall cross paths I’m sure !

(nice one Tim )

😂

Journeyman
    I've just sent a request to join.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Somebody posted this in the Lonely Goat RC on Facebook, I know I’m guilty of a few of these

https://properard.home.blog/2019/01/...wanky-runners/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    Somebody posted this in the Lonely Goat RC on Facebook, I know I’m guilty of a few of these

https://properard.home.blog/2019/01/...wanky-runners/
    Hahaha - had a good laugh at those and recognised I’m guilty of 9, 8, 4 and 2 :). In fairness I only once set out on a run with the purpose to improve my time on one uphill Strava segment. I got 2nd, but was humbled when I saw that first place hadn’t done what I did at all. He’d done the opposite - with a very hilly 15 mile run, averaging miles quicker than I could on an all out 1-mile flat effort :D

I do like round numbers though. - I don’t run 4.95 miles, when doing the extra 50 yards will get an even 5.

6.7km today in absolutely lethal conditions, got a call from wife when feeling good to go for a bit more distance saying she’s in labour, hopped back home and away to hospital

6.7km today in absolutely lethal conditions, got a call from wife when feeling good to go for a bit more distance saying she’s in labour, hopped back home and away to hospital
    Don't forget to tell her you've got hurty legs too just as it's getting really painful for her.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations 🎉

I hope you asked her to hold on for a bit?!!!

And you found time to post on TZ as well! Top foruming :).

Best of luck to you all, hope it is going well.

Perhaps you can name the baby Mo or Paula...

Blog Entries

How lovely and look forward to hearing further

Pitch

Well master Mackenzie arrived on Wednesday night, mum and baby both doing well
    Had loads of visitors today and more expected tonight so slipped out for a run, 9.1km, time not great but was glad of the fresh air

Blog Entries
    Had loads of visitors today and more expected tonight so slipped out for a run, 9.1km, time not great but was glad of the fresh air

Fantastic- congratulations 🎊🍾🎈

Blog Entries

Congrats buddy wonderful news.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Congrats buddy wonderful news.

Paul
    Yeah…. 9.1km is a great distance…

Craftsman
    I haven’t ran in 1.5 weeks due to ITB injury/pain

Out for 16-18k run this morning which is going to be a make it break it run - if the pain is bad then I’m going to have to look at not running for a significant amount of time