closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: '2915-1' Speedmaster bunfight

'2915-1' Speedmaster bunfight

Trigger's broom...

Original dial, hands, bezel all missing. The inside of the caseback is nice though

Master
    It's a collection of disparate parts, fine if you for instance need a 17.7m 321 movement (which is too late for a 2915 by the way and may not even be from a Speedmaster) but not great as a project since nothing except the caseback and possibly mid case is actually from a CK2915. The movement, hands, dial and crown are later and wrong. The dial is a later Pro service dial from the 1970s or 80s even. You are basically buying a 2915 caseback and a few other bits which may or may not be any use at all.

I like the way he lists the watch as having replacement dial and hands then states in the advert “Fully original examples are worth well over $100,000”

Why do people want to bid serious money for a collection of disparate parts?

The seller is called 'vintagewatchparts' so maybe he cobbled it together?

This is how they are supposed to look...

Last edited by Rocket Man; 2nd January 2019 at 11:29.

The vintage Speedmaster/Sub/1675 market has lost the plot, hence numbers like this being piled into what's basically a few old parts.

Sad really as all the fun is rapidly disappearing from the hobby, as what we're once, just a couple of years short ago, pretty pricey icons to take the plunge on, are now out of reach unless you are wealthy.

Not bitter as I was in before vintage watches (but only a handful of models mind) became just another way of stashing ya cash.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    The vintage Speedmaster/Sub/1675 market has lost the plot, hence numbers like this being piled into what's basically a few old parts.

Sad really as all the fun is rapidly disappearing from the hobby, as what we're once, just a couple of years short ago, pretty pricey icons to take the plunge on, are now out of reach unless you are wealthy.

Not bitter as I was in before vintage watches (but only a handful of models mind) became just another way of stashing ya cash.
    Whisky has gone the same way. There's good stuff out there for reasonable money but anything remotely desirable has gone into the stratosphere pricing wise. For example two years ago my local Tesco's was clearing the last of their 12 year old Hibiki whisky at £40/bottle. I bought two. The same bottles now sell in the region of £400. Damn insanity.

£12,098 & the all important 18p

I'll have what he's having.........