closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: anyone own a Skoda Yeti??

Master

anyone own a Skoda Yeti??

For some reason my wife wants one of the above.
    I wouldn't be able to spend much more than £7k on one so would be interested if any owners have advice to give?

Master
    That's spooky, I've just started looking at these again today. There were some nice ones on Autotrader before Christmas especially if you wanted a diesel. The Briskoda forum is a good source of advice:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/

Master
    Had the pre facelift Yeti Elegance and my son has now got one as well (his is the 1.2 petrol which has surprising performance, mine was 2.0TDI).
    Nothing at all went wrong in the 3 years I had mine and its a totally inoffensive do it all type of car.

I had a facelift 1.2 SE L DSG on a 2 year lease between 2016-18 and it was surprisingly good and practical. The engine was very nippy and quiet which matched very well to the DSG box, very car like in the way it drove. I remember the Skoda Estelle's from the 80s and jokes associated with the brand but totally different company now. Any stigma was quickly dispelled with the test drive and I was pretty sad to hand it back. Even looked into extending the lease or buying it but the figures didn't work out.

Master
    I had a 2013 (62 reg) 1.8Tsi from new for 3 years and 45,000 miles. It was very reliable (the only issue was a seat heating element which failed), the servicing is cheap, the dealers are good and it's a very versatile wee car.
    I used mine as a service barge for rallying occasionally, it towed a Peugeot 205 on a trailer no problem and you can remove the back seats to get a pretty large boot. Mine was the 4Wd version which was great in snow (especially with winter tyres fitted) and it could be hustled pretty quickly when you were in the mood.
    Downsides? Not much but I did find the front seats weren't the most comfortable and I couldn't get an ideal driving position.

My Dad had the first gen 1.8T, he loved it until it started going through almost as much oil as petrol! Apparently that engine is notorious for it.

Craftsman
    My mate has one (automatic) and loves it.Im sure He told Me the rear seats are removable ?

I’ve got a 1.4 petrol one. Had it from new and now it’s at 150,000km after almost six years. It has had zero problems in that time, and has been almost perfect for our needs. The only downside is the limited space in the boot, but the upside is that it’s very short and therefore it’s normally easy to find a roadside parking space. My advice would be a small engine and a mid-spec trim. These make the most sense when they’re cheap and ours was only around £13k when new. Happy to answer specifics if you have questions.

Master
    I had an Urban, really nice and was genuinely gutted to let it go. Many a road trip in it, Oslo, Sweden etc. Never missed a beat and lots of room. Back seats are adjustable and also come out leaving lots of room. Certainly the most practical car I've ever had and mine was fairly nippy.

I'd have another tomorrow...

Edit - I had the 2.0 tdi 2 wheel drive. Took the 4 wheel drive for a spin and to be fair it really shifted.

Journeyman
    Good solid cars with plenty of 'personality'. Just be careful of the diesel if it is more short runs as you will run into expensive dpf issues.