closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laptop build quality

Threaded View

Laptop build quality

My laptop is in need of replacing, so I'm about to wander down to PC World and take a look at what they've got.

I like the small thin Samsung I've had the last six years, but physically it's about to fall apart, and Microsoft are about to discontinue Windows 7 support. I need to get something much more sturdy this time.

Using the search criteria 13.3" screen, Intel Core i5, SSD, I've eight results: 3 HP, 2 Dell, 2 Lenovo, 1 Acer.

They all have 256GB SSD and Windows 10. 4 have the i5-8250u processor, 4 the i5-8265u. (The two HP Envy's have NVIDIA graphics cards which I presume would be wasted on me.)

Will the variations in price be mostly down to build quality? If so, good, hopefully that's something I can see for myself when in the shop.

EDIT: I should have used my eyes more before posting this - I had forgotten some laptops now have touch screens which I'm not interested in. Things are narrowing themselves down.

It looks like what I want is the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 for £629. Which isn't in stock at the moment. That saves me a trip in the rain.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 18th June 2019 at 15:49.