closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audemars Piguet coming to Kingston?

Audemars Piguet coming to Kingston?

With the acquisition of the Kingston Fraser Hart by Watches of Switzerland the store will be changing to a Mappin and Webb next month. They are keeping their Omega and Rolex franchises, maybe Tag and Longines will go, Rado and Seiko will definitely go. Hublot and IWC are near certainties to come into stock, they tried to get a Grand Seiko franchise but were rejected (Chisholm Hunter opposite sells them anyway) but it seems like Audemars Piguet will be a strong possibility. They may be extending the store as well into the shop next door. Patek is unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Interesting, I didn't know the store was changing.
    I was in there a couple of weeks ago chatting about the jewellers opposite shutting down & they didn't mention anything about their own store.
    Have WoS bought all Fraser Hart stores or just Kingston?

Journeyman
    Interesting, I wonder if they will keep all the waiting lists or start afresh?

Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Interesting, I wonder if they will keep all the waiting lists or start afresh?
    You wonder as you're on one?

Craftsman
    Interesting to see if that happens, I’ve been told AP are moving to mono brand boutiques (possibly operated the existing AD).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If Audemars Piguet is their i doubt Patek wil be, I can't recall a WoS group store with both brands in london

Craftsman
    WoS in Regents St told me that you had to elect which to have, but PP wouldn’t allow AP to be in the same shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    You wonder as you're on one?
    Wondering as I might go in if they do start afresh. Never bothered in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    With the acquisition of the Kingston Fraser Hart by Watches of Switzerland the store will be changing to a Mappin and Webb next month. They are keeping their Omega and Rolex franchises, maybe Tag and Longines will go, Rado and Seiko will definitely go. Hublot and IWC are near certainties to come into stock, they tried to get a Grand Seiko franchise but were rejected (Chisholm Hunter opposite sells them anyway) but it seems like Audemars Piguet will be a strong possibility. They may be extending the store as well into the shop next door. Patek is unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    They used to do IWC, it will be nice if they can get them back.

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    If Audemars Piguet is their i doubt Patek wil be, I can't recall a WoS group store with both brands in london
    They are both in WOS Manchester.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

For sure they 100% won't get Patek in store. They told me this. Re Rolex lists these will port across to the Mappin and Webb business as they are retaining all the Fraser Hart staff. Audemars is likely to happen partly due to the changed demographics in Kingston with a lot of wealthy Koreans and Hong Kong Chinese having moved into the area in the last few years and also using Kingston as a hub to target affluent Surrey based shoppers

No doubt we can look forward to the same attitude you encounter when trying to buy a Rolex.... I'm afraid I wouldn't p*ss on Fraser Hart's staff if they were on fire.

Journeyman
    There was a Mappin and Webb in Kingston up until about 10 years ago. They did stock Patek at one point, but I got the impression that they had overestimated demand as they only had them in for a short while. It will be interesting to see what they do this time round.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app