closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Breitling Chronomat

New Breitling Chronomat

Just had an email from Breitling introducing the new Chronomat. I’m something of a rarity on this forum in that I generally liked Breitlings and saw them as easily on a par with the other two main brands in the steel sports watch segment, but this is a miss for me. In fact, thinking about it, I don’t think they have released a watch I’d actually want to buy since Kern took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I quite like that they’ve toned down their busy dials imo . Why don’t you like it btw?

Master
    I quite like it as well. Dont think I would want to pay anything like full price for it though, whatever that might be.

Tastes obviously differ because one of the main reasons I don’t like them is because they have toned down the busy dials. Their bracelets were also very good but look to be on the way out in favour of a much more retro look. I’ve always found IWC watches very boring to look at and it seems that Breitling are moving in that direction thanks to Kern.

New Superocean Heritage out as well. So now, if you like the Rado Captain Cook, but would like to pay more, you can have a Breitling!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    New Superocean Heritage out as well. So now, if you like the Rado Captain Cook, but would like to pay more, you can have a Breitling!

This one does look a bit weird imo , now the previous rendition thought was lovely looking

Why the feck have they stuck bars across the circle markers? That is so FUGLY.

Master
    A nice fun bit of summer

However the Certina PH500 is £1800 cheaper and would likely be my purchase.
    Overall I’d have some difficulty in justifying a new Breitling . Whereas an Omega SMP would be fairly justifiable in my book

Last edited by Mark lowman; 16th April 2020 at 19:22.

Master
    Double the fugliness

I like that they have revived the Rouleauxband. Always liked them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Why the feck have they stuck bars across the circle markers? That is so FUGLY.
    I'm guessing because that's what the original had

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DYhfsn...d=i53kgm7oi56k

Master
    I do like it, and as said previously the toned down bezel is certainly a step back in the right direction.
    Also like the bullet bracelet, completely different looking from the norm.

Craftsman
    The only breitling I ever likes was the classic navitiner ,the rest are too big and blingy

Sent from my moto g(7) play using TZ-UK mobile app

Much prefer the new chronograph to this but look forward to seeing them in the shops. May just be the angle but it looks an incredibly thin case.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have just observed elsewhere that the bracelet looks like an ebel shagged a spiedel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Double the fugliness

Bling that up with some gems and you have a winner

I wasn't keen on the Navitimer 8 at all so after seeing that I didn't think Breitling were going in a good direction under their new owners, but these two have really changed my mind, I think they look great.

However, £6,650 for the Chronomat is nuts. These retail prices are totally out of control nowadays, I can't see them being sustainable 'post corona'.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    I wasn't keen on the Navitimer 8 at all so after seeing that I didn't think Breitling were going in a good direction under their new owners, but these two have really changed my mind, I think they look great.

However, £6,650 for the Chronomat is nuts. These retail prices are totally out of control nowadays, I can't see them being sustainable 'post corona'.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The watch comes with the B01 movement - which does compete with the best automatic chronograph watches out there. Goes some way to justify. But closer to £5k would have been better. I'm partial to the copper dial with black subdial. Very nice.

Craftsman
    I have been thinking of buying a Superocean heritage. Wanted one with a white dial. Pretty sure they stopped making them.
    As for these new ones, count me out!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    The rainbow SuperOcean is awesome.

Blog Entries
    Easy to get 20% off retail if you know where to look. . I quite like that new Chronomat. Reminds me of the Blackbird back in the day.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DYhfsn...d=i53kgm7oi56k

Now those beveled markers look ok to my eyes. The new flat ones look awful. And I bet the case is about 44mm.

Craftsman
    Some better pics from this review - https://swisswatches-magazine.com/bl...k-of-rouleaux/

Master
    Now those beveled markers look ok to my eyes. The new flat ones look awful. And I bet the case is about 44mm.
    The one on the left is the re-edition, also bevelled... the 3-d renderings don’t offer the sense of depth...

Craftsman
    I think I quite like these... or hate them. Not really sure. Need to see them in the flesh I think. The blue with the white sub dials looks nice in the pictures and I love the bracelet.

Master
    The bezel on the new ones is 42mm. I think I read somewhere that the case is 38 or 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Double the fugliness

That watch reminds me of GagaMilano watch......

https://gagamilano.com/product/50150...le-48mm-steel/

I'm not keen on the direction Kern is taking Breitling to.....Look what he's done to IWC.....

Lost the plot and going out of business

Craftsman
    I actually quite like that chronomat, today at least! Nice colours, good size and great movement.

At first glance yesterday I thought they were hideous with the 80s bullet bracelet, but it’s grown on me fairly quickly. However I wouldn’t buy one anywhere near retail as for me it’s all about modern micro adjust bracelets. At 6k I wouldn’t entertain a watch that can’t be adjusted on the fly to suit my changing wrist size.

Appreciate they’re pulling at the retro heart strings here, but they need to retro price if that’s what they’re after.

Good to see that they’re at least releasing new stuff.

I quite like the look of the Chronomat too actually after looking on the link posted above by Willows
    Would like to see them in the metal
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    I like that they have revived the Rouleauxband. Always liked them.
    Me too. Nothing else really thrills me about these although I don't especially dislike them either. As above though really like the bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    At 6k I wouldn’t entertain a watch that can’t be adjusted on the fly to suit my changing wrist size.
    Abs agree. Love my old Seamaster; can't adjust it; never wear it. SD43 probably a bit big for me; perfect adjustability; wear it nearly every day. I didn't used to think about something like that when lusting after a given model - it was all about the aesthetics - but it would be a deal-breaker now.

Master
    I like it a lot:

Last edited by stix; 17th April 2020 at 13:30.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Abs agree. Love my old Seamaster; can't adjust it; never wear it. SD43 probably a bit big for me; perfect adjustability; wear it nearly every day. I didn't used to think about something like that when lusting after a given model - it was all about the aesthetics - but it would be a deal-breaker now.
    I have a Seamaster from the 2000s and have fitted the Bond bracelet with screwed links, and the adjustable clasp. Not cheap - albeit I bought the bracelet on this forum - but I have a sword handed model with adjustable bracelet.

Master

New Breitling Chronomat

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

None of the new ones do it for me..... but this is amazing. I really do love it.

Master
    Curved ends to mesh is so, so, good as well. I just don't like Breitling mesh with strait lug bars. Super thin case is great as well, only providing 100mts resistance, but that's enough for most.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I have a Seamaster from the 2000s and have fitted the Bond bracelet with screwed links, and the adjustable clasp. Not cheap - albeit I bought the bracelet on this forum - but I have a sword handed model with adjustable bracelet.
    Thanks for this thenikjones. I wondered about it, as I was sure I'd seen mention of the possibility on a forum, probably here. But when I had the watch serviced last year - it's the GMT, 2535.80 - and asked Omega, they told me categorically that a micro-adjust clasp could not be fitted. Presumably that was correct - what they meant, and what I didn't comprehend, was that you can do it but you need to change the entire bracelet as well.

If that's so, can you point me to the bracelet and clasp I'd need? I'd be happy to change the bracelet just to have screws instead of the wretched pins ...

Many thanks for any help.

[PS sorry for thread tangent.]

I actually like them both but wish they were 40mm instead of 42mm.

Apprentice
    Not keen prefer the original. Hey peeps anyone know where I can get a breitling avenger chrono dial from haveva blue one just fancy something different white or black ideally hell even orange ? Thanks Jon

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Master
    If this were considerably smaller I’d be tempted.

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...l/U17368221B1/