closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee thread

Hybrid View

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Edit A link to How to Store Coffee. To which I would add...allow any coffee out of the freezer to reach room temperature before opening it. That should avoid condensation dampening your coffee before you store it ready for use.
    Last edited by PickleB; 31st May 2020 at 08:43.

Thanks. So it’s 10-12 days once opened. No mention of how long it’ll stay fresh in the unopened bag, which I guess was what I was trying to ask. I appreciate there are all kinds of variables that make it impossible to give a definitive answer. I’m just trying to get a sort of rule of thumb figures in my head. I know next to nothing about coffee. I tried visiting a local coffee forum but I felt like a guy coming on TZ-UK with a new Tommy Hilfiger watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Thanks. So it’s 10-12 days once opened. No mention of how long it’ll stay fresh in the unopened bag, which I guess was what I was trying to ask. I appreciate there are all kinds of variables that make it impossible to give a definitive answer. I’m just trying to get a sort of rule of thumb figures in my head. I know next to nothing about coffee. I tried visiting a local coffee forum but I felt like a guy coming on TZ-UK with a new Tommy Hilfiger watch.
    See FAQs for:

How should I store my coffee?

Store in an airtight container, in a cool dark place. We do not recommend keeping your coffee in the fridge or the freezer. Shop our range of storage jars here.

How long will my coffee stay fresh?

If stored correctly your coffee should stay fresh and keep the majority of it’s flavours and aromas for a month. Coffee is safe to drink for many months after roasting, however your coffee’s flavour will rapidly decrease after the four week mark. We advise buying smaller amounts of coffee often, so you always have the freshest coffee!

I don't think the unopened supplier's bag will help keep it in top condition any longer than properly stored beans from an opened bag. Unless, perhaps, the supplier has purged the bag with nitrogen as mentioned in the video, but even then I have some doubts as to how long it will be effective.

Journeyman
    Have you considered that you could fit a PID to that Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by kumm2004 View Post
    Have you considered that you could fit a PID to that Classic?
    If you meant me....

I have one

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    If you meant me....

I have one

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    Beat me to it pointing that out!!