closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SARX055 Baby Snowflake VS SBGA211 GS Snowflake

Craftsman

Seiko SARX055 Baby Snowflake VS SBGA211 GS Snowflake

I think I know the answer to this but will a SARX055 scratch the itch for a GS Snowflake , I've held and tried on the latter but never seen the former in the flesh are they that good or is the hype misleading , I know the Snowflake isnt everyones cup of tea but my collection is very diver/sports watch based and I have a gap for something smarter?

Saving hard for the snowflake but I'm a long way off but could easily afford the SARX tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8_kcdWHic&t=73s

If you've held the Snowflake and you're saving hard for the Snowflake then just don't look anywhere else other than the direction of the Snowflake. Simples innit ?

Craftsman
    I've been having the same debate with myself. Coming to a similar conclusion to that suggested below: I'll always want the Snowflake, even if the Baby does much the same 'job'.

I've had a grand seiko and it is indeed a triumph in its mechanism .. i am adverse now to spending life changing money on myself, I can do some much more with the change I got after I bought mym citizen minute repeater . That's not to say I wouldn't want a GS snowflake but the opportunity cost at the moment is too great . The presage in my opinion wouldn't stratch that itch for you , delay the inevitable. Save for one if you can

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Always buy what you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the reasons I hate nicknames. The sarx055 is a great watch but calling it a “baby snowflake” links to something it isn’t and can only lead to disappointment.

Drop the nickname and the sarx055 is a great watch on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want the Snowflake, get the Snowflake. In the long run, you'll probably get it anyway, as the SARX055 is not the Snowflake. Grand Seiko is on another level to me. My SBGX261 is the most beautiful watch I've seen.

I don't believe Seiko released the sarx055 intending it to be a budget snowflake, but that is what it has become. There are plenty of other Sarx and Presage models that are wonderfull in their own right, get one of those until you have the funds for the GS snowflake, buy wisely or secondhand and you should lose next to nothing if or when you come to sell.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The SARX055 is very nice, but suffers from the comparison to the Snowflake IMO. If you want a Snowflake, all you're doing is strapping a reminder to your wrist that you can't afford one yet. Every time you look through that caseback you're going to be reminded. Bit like all those middle aged men driving around in Porsche Boxters dreaming of a 911.

If you don't want a Snowflake, the SARX055 is a great watch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love my SARX055... I'd still like a Snowflake though.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by amnesia; 9th June 2020 at 10:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    ... will a SARX055 scratch the itch for a GS Snowflake ...?
    No. The two watches are a million miles apart. Keep saving. You won't regret it.

Master
    The only chance of it scratching the itch will be if you cease and desist with immediate effect from spending any more time with the Snowflake ;)

GS finishing is significantly better than anything else at the same price-point, let alone the Sarx (nice as it is). In my experience though, it's something you only fully come to appreciate with day to day ownership.