closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sabotaging my own goal!

Sabotaging my own goal!

So, I'm in the process of selling most of my collection so I can afford to buy something more upscale (for me) that I've been drooling over.

I already have two new micros on order (since about February) that won't be released for at least 20-50 more days. In my growing impatience, I just ordered ANOTHER micro that isn't ready to be released yet ("end of July"). At this rate, I'll never be able to afford my goal watch!

Here are the three I'm impatiently waiting for, tonight's purchase first:

I already bought a 24mm shark mesh bracelet for this Helgray:

I have got impatient saving for a goal a bought something else many times, they never scratch the itch really.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Maybe it's time to accept you've had a different goal all along. You may well find you have more fun with this one - more variety and arguably easier to switch at this level in the current climate.

You’ve become a Francophile

So you went for the Yema. I thought the thread had put you off. It does look good though.

I’m waiting for my Wolbrook as well - standard black/green/black mecaquartz so should be ready on the 20th. I thought about the BoR for it but decided Tropic was the way to go.

It’s a losing battle but I have a lot of fun (and spend a lot of money) with the cheaper end of the market. There’s so many quality brands about it’s hard to resist a dabble.

A stop looking at other watches.
    B have more self discipline and restraint.
    C you will end up selling your grail watch after the honeymoon is over.

Craftsman
    I really like that Helgray. Love the colours. And I think it would look cracking on mesh.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What is your goal watch?

Apprentice
    Verv that's what I was gonna ask :)

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

I like the yema

Do you have a link to it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I like the yema

Do you have a link to it at all?

Found it - omg it looks good in PVD

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    What is your goal watch?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice!
    I think you should stop buying micro brand watches until you've got the omega. They don't come close and are just diverting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Railmaster
    Good choice. My preference would be the older, discontinued, and difficult to find 36mm model, but this is also lovely. My only gripe is that they only have 60m of water resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    So, I'm in the process of selling most of my collection so I can afford to buy something more upscale (for me) that I've been drooling over.

I already have two new micros on order (since about February) that won't be released for at least 20-50 more days. In my growing impatience, I just ordered ANOTHER micro that isn't ready to be released yet ("end of July"). At this rate, I'll never be able to afford my goal watch!
    I love this post

It can always be worse. I do what you do, but I have done it much more often, and I have sold almost nothing (gave one watch away to a mate down on his luck, traded one for another watch), AND I don't actually have a Grail watch - I Just Want All Of The Precious Things. All The Shiny. ALL. OF. THEM!

I even tried spending what for me is a serious lump of cash on a watch I really love - after I ordered it, I bought 4 more watches before it arrived...

Since there's nothing in the R*l*x line that I both like and can afford, I am 100% certain to lose a lot of money on everything.

I should probably be sectioned or summat...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Good choice. My preference would be the older, discontinued, and difficult to find 36mm model, but this is also lovely. My only gripe is that they only have 60m of water resistance.
    Yeah, but trains don't go under water, so it's plenty...

Master
    Very nice!
    I think you should stop buying micro brand watches until you've got the omega. They don't come close and are just diverting.
    Yes this is just common sense. This place is full of flippers who buy and sell, often losing out on the transaction and it takes a hell of a long time to arrive at the grail when you are forever losing money in the meantime.

If you don't have the patience to save up for the Omega, best to take out a loan and buy it on tick. Anything is better than diverting your funds into needless transactions of lesser watches.

Take Verves advice and be done with it.

Master
    I'm usually quite good at keeping my powder dry until I get to my goal, but I'm having some difficulty at the moment, my watch fund is just starting to get into 'interesting microbrand' territory but I have a long ways to go before the goal is achieved, I conservatively estimate end of 2021 as being possible barring any nasty surprises, which is a long way to go, passing through multiple distracting price points.

I keep meaning to punt a load of things on e-bay / other internet sites but never seem to get around to it - maybe I should

Master
    Perhaps you can still buy the intermediate 'shiny things', but cheaper ones? If you focus on <£100 watches, (plenty out there such as Seikos, Citizens, Orients, Casios, Vostoks, lots of vintage you can flip and flip and still accumulate towards your goal?

Master
    Very nice!
    Agree with this - the Omega is worth forgoing the micros as will be a huge step up in quality

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

As others have correctly said, the micro brands are no substitute for the Railmaster.

Walk around with an empty wrist for a while, I have...

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

As others have correctly said, the micro brands are no substitute for the Railmaster.

Walk around with an empty wrist for a while, I have...
    Agree with this. I've been there too. When I finally got it, I hardly thought about getting other micro brands. So in a way it saves both money and effort.

I'm on that journey as well. If you're sure about the grail watch, it's not worth getting distracted. Better yet, sell some of your other watches to help fund the grail watch. Good way to dedicate yourself to the cause.

See I've found that's not necessarily the case. There is no way whatsoever that a Speedy Pro is better than an Oak & Oscar Jackson and that's a microbrand. Likewise a Ming 19.01 is significantly superior to an Omega Aqua Terra.

I know that the spirit of the point was that buying a load of cheap watches just delays the goal a bit but I wanted to make sure people didn't associate all microbrands with cheap watches.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    See I've found that's not necessarily the case. There is no way whatsoever that a Speedy Pro is better than an Oak & Oscar Jackson and that's a microbrand. Likewise a Ming 19.01 is significantly superior to an Omega Aqua Terra.

I know that the spirit of the point was that buying a load of cheap watches just delays the goal a bit but I wanted to make sure people didn't associate all microbrands with cheap watches.
    I agree that we shouldn't associate all microbrands with cheap watches, especially on this forum! Lots of microbrands aren't even cheap but I think that makes it worse when they deter you from your main goal.

I'm sure lots of people have a microbrand watch as their grail watch as well!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    LOL