closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cannondale bikes stolen from garage

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think a word with your landlord might be in order.
    You may have a case of negligence against him.

Surely it’s his responsibility to ensure that you can safely lock the garage and expect it to be secure (unless physically broken into).

He should certainly be changing the locks for you.

We do have a member who’s business is renting garages, perhaps he could comment on the situation from a landlords perspective?
    I rent it from the council, I'm sure I'll have signed something stating they are not responsible for the security of the contents of the garage.

The F600 (no longer has the red thing on the seat post). Note the semi shiny forks, which is as a result of the seal failing and oil getting onto the matt paint finish:

The Silk Road, which looked exactly like this when taken from the garage:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    I rent it from the council, I'm sure I'll have signed something stating they are not responsible for the security of the contents of the garage.
    In normal circumstances I would agree but it’s worth talking to them. They should at least be changing the locks as you are renting a secure “lock up” garage. As it’s not secure, they’re possibly in breach of contract.

I don’t think that the fact you’ve signed a disclaimer applies when they can be considered negligent.

It’s perhaps worth taking some legal advice.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    In normal circumstances I would agree but it’s worth talking to them. They should at least be changing the locks as you are renting a secure “lock up” garage. As it’s not secure, they’re possibly in breach of contract.

I don’t think that the fact you’ve signed a disclaimer applies when they can be considered negligent.

It’s perhaps worth taking some legal advice.
    I sent them an email yesterday asking they change the locks or allow me to install additional security. I know absolutely nothing about breaking into garages, so I've no idea how easy or otherwise to get into a garage and then leave it locked with no apparent damage to anything. If the answer is not very (or too time consuming to make it worthwhile), then that becomes more interesting. I imagine there is some trick either with lock-picking or the mechanism that makes it very easy though, as opposed to a former tenant with a key.