closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’ve decided to upgrade my sim racing rig. I’ve ordered a 7800X3D, mobo, 32GB RAM, PSU, 1TB M.2 SSD and a 4070 Super. Everything arrives today.

It’s replacing a 9700k/1080ti rig and will be my first AMD rig for more than 20 years.
    How bizarre... I've purchased the exact same to replace the exact same CPU (and a 2080). You obv have made an excellent choice....

I'm going ITX

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The system is built, for the moment in my old case, but I have a case on the way. The build was easy and I went for a fresh Windows 11 install. Ran a few game benchmarks, getting really good results on my 1440p display.

My new rig arrived yesterday.

7800X3D
    32Gb DDR5 5600
    TUF x670e
    4080 Super

It’s a monster :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    My new rig arrived yesterday.

7800X3D
    32Gb DDR5 5600
    TUF x670e
    4080 Super

It’s a monster :)
    Looks like we're all building with the same components!

Mine was built today, moved over to compact ITX. No RGB, just clean, minimal and tiny. Don't forget to enable AMD PBO and undervolt. Managed -30 offset with 80c temp limit and it's now running 6c cooler with a nice boost in performance. Next up GPU undervolt.

Ncase M1 EVO
    7800x3d
    4070 super
    32Gb 6000

I haven’t worked out in the bios how to do that. Any pointers?

Lies Of P, is on the gamepass. Played it a bit this weekend and its pretty good, souls like fighting - like Elden Ring without the open world. its pretty good, hard in places but worth a try.

Been to YouTube and taught myself about PBO. Now to do some benchmarking and tweaking. Been ages since I’ve had a new rig to set up like this and it’s a big change from Intel to AMD.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I haven’t worked out in the bios how to do that. Any pointers?
    It's dead easy mate, lots of tutorials online. I haven't yet messed with the power limit to further reduce temp but a simple -30 offset and temp limit of 85c has made a decent difference

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

What ball park cost are these rigs? As I build my Steam library I’m tempted to add a full fat PC!