closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

How are my fellow tarnished doing? I have pretty much cleared Limgrave and Liurnia, got a few loose ends around Caelid. Altus Plateau more than halfway through I reckon. I have wasted Godrick, Rennala and Radahn. Close to 150 hours in the game and plenty more to do. I’m taking my time, trying to explore every nook and cranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    How are my fellow tarnished doing? I have pretty much cleared Limgrave and Liurnia, got a few loose ends around Caelid. Altus Plateau more than halfway through I reckon. I have wasted Godrick, Rennala and Radahn. Close to 150 hours in the game and plenty more to do. I’m taking my time, trying to explore every nook and cranny.
    How long did you take to waste Radahn? What a bastard he was lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    How long did you take to waste Radahn? What a bastard he was lol
    Died twice to his arrows before I learned to time my rolls. Once I got him to phase two and he clipped me effortlessly when I got greedy with my attack. Fourth run I got him. Admittedly I did read a strategy guide so I knew his weakness. I believe I actually attacked him four times in my winning run.

Finished Disco Elysium on the Switch. Very good game. Well recommended. If you don't like reading a lot and decision making, it may not be for you.

Alpha Protocol on the 360. Actually a good game, let down by some poor design choices and implementation. Can get frustrating.

Playing Dragon's Dogma at the moment. It's actually my sort of game, but after the previous two, I might give RPG games a break and play something else.

Anyone played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Died twice to his arrows before I learned to time my rolls. Once I got him to phase two and he clipped me effortlessly when I got greedy with my attack. Fourth run I got him. Admittedly I did read a strategy guide so I knew his weakness. I believe I actually attacked him four times in my winning run.
    4 goes is excellent. I think I got him on my twentieth or so! I basically used the other combatants to grind him down as I sped around the arena trying to avoid him!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    4 goes is excellent. I think I got him on my twentieth or so! I basically used the other combatants to grind him down as I sped around the arena trying to avoid him!
    Yeah well, I’m around level 110 or so and I’m really not a good player. I have invested pretty heavily in Vigor and Endurance. Dashing around on the horse and popping occasional incantations to the foe is my go to method whenever possible. I’m tanky enough to withstand some serious punishment. Radahn hit me occasionally with some of his ranged attacks but I could take it and heal myself cowering behind some obstacles.

Whenever I meet a foe in confined spaces on foot I’m in trouble. I’m just not good at dodging and rolling. I’ve tried to take on the Godskin Apostle in Caelid and I think it’s a lot harder than Radahn. The one in Altus I could take in a couple of runs, but there was ample space to move around.

Yeah well, I’m around level 110 or so and I’m really not a good player. I have invested pretty heavily in Vigor and Endurance. Dashing around on the horse and popping occasional incantations to the foe is my go to method whenever possible. I’m tanky enough to withstand some serious punishment. Radahn hit me occasionally with some of his ranged attacks but I could take it and heal myself cowering behind some obstacles.

Whenever I meet a foe in confined spaces on foot I’m in trouble. I’m just not good at dodging and rolling. I’ve tried to take on the Godskin Apostle in Caelid and I think it’s a lot harder than Radahn. The one in Altus I could take in a couple of runs, but there was ample space to move around.
    The Apostle at the top of the hill with the windmills and the crazy cult women dancing? I think that's Altus Plateau not Caelid though.I killed that 1st time lol so it shows how setups impact results differently!

The thing that frustrated me with Radahn is how he'd hit me with ranged arrows as soon as I'd teleported across and before I'd even had a chance to move!

Like I said I got the one in Altus in a couple of runs. There’s another Godskin Apostle in the cellar of the Divine Tower in Caelid. Bastard is nearly making me cry.