closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

It has to be prison, and I am not talking about a cushy open prison. Anything less is just mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    It has to be prison, and I am not talking about a cushy open prison. Anything less is just mockery.
    There seems no excuse for not prosecuting the Post Office and Fuitsu directors for perversion of justice.

Presumably too many current politicians are implicated or this would have been sorted out years ago.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

More evidence...papers reveal PO knew its court defence was false:

A draft report uncovered by the BBC shows the Post Office spent £100m fighting sub-postmasters in court despite knowing its defence was untrue.

The document reveals the Post Office was shown evidence by 2017 that losses could be due to errors in the Horizon IT system or remote tampering.

The draft report, titled Bramble, was commissioned by the Post Office in March 2016 and carried out by consultants Deloitte.

Throughout the draft report, Deloitte refers to having already discussed its findings with "Post Office management" and even the fact that some of these were shared with the Post Office's investigators for further analysis.

Tim Parker, the Post Office's chairman at the time of the draft report, also told the BBC via his legal representative that Post Office lawyers liaised with Deloitte about Project Bramble and were responsible for handling, distributing and disclosing it. He added that the Post Office's lawyers were also involved in the "strategy and day to day management of the litigation".

This raises questions as to whether Post Office lawyers met their responsibilities to not mislead the court...

And still they will get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    And still they will get away with it
    Mind blowing...I just heard on ch4 news, the Met's only managed 2 interviews to date, why haven't they given Vennell's a tug yet for a chat, not remotely corrupt, money talks...hahahaha oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Mind blowing...I just heard on ch4 news, the Met's only managed 2 interviews to date, why haven't they given Vennell's a tug yet for a chat, not remotely corrupt, money talks...hahahaha oh dear.

Sadly, it's going to be a long game (and no, I do not consider it a game). Cover ups, aggressive pursuit with little/no evidence etc., etc..........
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    More evidence...papers reveal PO knew its court defence was false:
    A draft report uncovered by the BBC shows the Post Office spent £100m fighting sub-postmasters in court despite knowing its defence was untrue.

The document reveals the Post Office was shown evidence by 2017 that losses could be due to errors in the Horizon IT system or remote tampering.

The draft report, titled Bramble, was commissioned by the Post Office in March 2016 and carried out by consultants Deloitte.

Throughout the draft report, Deloitte refers to having already discussed its findings with "Post Office management" and even the fact that some of these were shared with the Post Office's investigators for further analysis.

Tim Parker, the Post Office's chairman at the time of the draft report, also told the BBC via his legal representative that Post Office lawyers liaised with Deloitte about Project Bramble and were responsible for handling, distributing and disclosing it. He added that the Post Office's lawyers were also involved in the "strategy and day to day management of the litigation".

This raises questions as to whether Post Office lawyers met their responsibilities to not mislead the court...
    I wonder if there was any back handers going on between the legal firms and Post office people ?

Have it on in the background...seems the most heinous example of high handed corporate arse covering and the organisation completely ignoring Mr Bate´s entirely accurate, fact based criticisms of the H system and his entirely proper efforts to bring the problems up with the chain of command at the PO, to no good outcome... alas...what a thoroughgoing disgrace, abuse of their power..´´.something is rotten in the state of Denmark´´

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Have it on in the background...seems the most heinous example of high handed corporate arse covering and the organisation completely ignoring Mr Bate´s entirely accurate, fact based criticisms of the H system and his entirely proper efforts to bring the problems up with the chain of command at the PO, to no good outcome... alas...what a thoroughgoing disgrace, abuse of their power..´´.something is rotten in the state of Denmark´´
    I've been watching today's session; apologies for stating the bleeding obvious, but Alan Bates seems to be a remarkably capable individual, with a high level of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    I've been watching today's session; apologies for stating the bleeding obvious, but Alan Bates seems to be a remarkably capable individual, with a high level of integrity.
    If ever there were someone who deserves a knighthood or a place in the House of Lords, it is Alan Bates.

The man has more integrity in his little finger than the entire Government has.

Let’s not forget the kinds of nonentities and dubious characters this Government has recognised and rewarded.

Ah, just checked Wikipedia:

“In 2024, Bates turned down a compensation offer from the government, referring to the offer as 'derisory'.”

So he won’t be getting any respect or recognition from Rishi or his rabble.
    So clever my foot fell off.