closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    The saga continues. Fujitsu just been awarded anothet 16.5 million to continue running the Horizon system until 2024. Who says crimme doesn't pay?
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure they had much choice. I suspect Tata, IBM, Capgemini, Cognizant, Infosys, Fujitsu have many clients by the balls where they have developed and operate, maintain and enhance customer's bespoke strategic mission critical systems.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure they had much choice. I suspect Tata, IBM, Capgemini, Cognizant, Infosys, Fujitsu have many clients by the balls where they have developed and operate, maintain and enhance customer's bespoke strategic mission critical systems.
    I came here to say similar. Just a contract extension. Add Airwave/Motorola to that mob. The list of IT projects that are ruinously expensive to extricate from is endless!

The bit that does annoy me greatly however is Fujitsu still being awarded new, unrelated contracts elsewhere in the public and pseudo public sector realm. I'll bet my last pound the PQQ process was used to disqualify some innovative but small, aspiring UK business or consortium that couldn't jump through the (often) artificial hoops they demand. It smells when word is that Fujitsu staff were culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I came here to say similar. Just a contract extension. Add Airwave/Motorola to that mob. The list of IT projects that are ruinously expensive to extricate from is endless!

The bit that does annoy me greatly however is Fujitsu still being awarded new, unrelated contracts elsewhere in the public and pseudo public sector realm. I'll bet my last pound the PQQ process was used to disqualify some innovative but small, aspiring UK business or consortium that couldn't jump through the (often) artificial hoops they demand. It smells when word is that Fujitsu staff were culpable.
    I've worked on too many projects where a company's mission critical systems and our country's acquired knowledge, intellectual capital, jobs and £ have flowed out to some Centre Of Excellence, Global Development Centre or other such misnomer overseas. I think Banks, government departments, private sector companies will find their nuts in vices in future years.

The nadir of my working life was probably responding to public sector PQQs.

Just watching the 1st part on catch up now, what a disgrace.
    Jesus, I can't believe I've never heard about this, those poor buggers...

I thought this dramatisation would kick off a response, it gets worse. I recently discovered that someone in the P.O. security team raised this with P.O management with two options.
    1. Own upwhich would cause damage to P.O. brand and cost millions in compensation or
    2. Keep on prosecution postmasters and try to hide it.

Guess which option the P.O went for?

I am interested to see reaction in papers later this week as it hits the public what an appalling episode of corporate malfeasance this is.

Criminal proceedings to follow, I hope.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    I thought this dramatisation would kick off a response, it gets worse. I recently discovered that someone in the P.O. security team raised this with P.O management with two options.
    1. Own upwhich would cause damage to P.O. brand and cost millions in compensation or
    2. Keep on prosecution postmasters and try to hide it.

Guess which option the P.O went for?

I am interested to see reaction in papers later this week as it hits the public what an appalling episode of corporate malfeasance this is.

Criminal proceedings to follow, I hope.
    Where is that information to be found? I’ve long been following the story and am disgusted at both the actions of those involved and the length of time things have taken. Isn’t it always thus when supposedly righting wrongs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Where is that information to be found? I’ve long been following the story and am disgusted at both the actions of those involved and the length of time things have taken. Isn’t it always thus when supposedly righting wrongs?!
    I think there was a program on tv just before Christmas. It came out of the current hearings. Perhaps the Radio 4 podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    ...Fujitsu have many clients by the balls where they have developed and operate, maintain and enhance customer's bespoke strategic mission critical systems.
    Certainly sounds plausible. It looks like they acquired a fairly fat portfolio of UK government and institutional clients through their acquisition/merge with ICL back in the day.

Although it had significant sales overseas, ICL's mainframe business was dominated by large contracts from the UK public sector, including Post Office Ltd, the Inland Revenue, the Department for Work and Pensions and the Ministry of Defence. It also had a strong market share with UK local authorities and (at that time) nationalised utilities including the water, electricity, and gas boards.

The company [ICL] had an increasingly close relationship with Fujitsu from the early 1980s, culminating in Fujitsu becoming sole shareholder in 1998. ICL was rebranded as Fujitsu in April 2002. The ICL brand is still used by the former Russian joint-venture of the company, founded in 1991.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...puters_Limited

In answer to the title of this thread... doesn't look likely:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...candal-inquiry
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

The whole saga does my head in ... such an awful injustice and "the system" just does not seem able to correct it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    The whole saga does my head in ... such an awful injustice and "the system" just does not seem able to correct it ...
    I agree almost totally, except the system is perfectly able to correct itself, it chooses not to.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I agree almost totally, except the system is perfectly able to correct itself, it chooses not to.
    AH ... chooses or is crippled by bias protecting the guilty?

Master
    AH ... chooses or is crippled by bias protecting the guilty?
    Sadly it’s more about being in with the in crowd than anything else.

So called Baroness Mone,
    Dido Harding and God knows how many others.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Unbelievable. How can bonuses be handed out while this tragedy still drags on?

Horizon scandal: Post Office boss to pay back part of bonus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65520699
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Unbelievable. How can bonuses be handed out while this tragedy still drags on?

Horizon scandal: Post Office boss to pay back part of bonus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65520699
    They then wait another month to see if it slips further down the news list. I read today he’s given back 9k. Of his 455k bonus. The hardship he must now face! The sheer fact it’s voluntary to start with is shameful. Meanwhile no one is being held to account for the original crimes.

Instead, Vennells got a CBE, and the rest of the anonymous boss class doubtless joined her in failing upwards on the gravy train.
    That's Mick summed up in a single sentence.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.