closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    At one point he was twice called a liar. His response was "I've never told a lie in my life".
    That in itself that shows him to be a liar, and not a very clever one. This used to be one of the "veracity test" questions included in psychologists' questionnaires to establish whether a person is giving honest answers, since there is nobody who has never told a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    While individuals bear personal responsibility, it is also a systemic problem where so much weight is placed on “targets” and “performance” that basic decency gets overridden by collective corporate expectations and the implicit threat that if you aren’t putting your employer above everything and everyone else, then you are disloyal and failing.

In our rush to satiate the system’s appetite it is all too easy to subconsciously justify the wrong actions as necessary for the greater good.

Just my opinion of course.
    Well said, though not sure it's the great good justification so much as it's the greater profit though I guess that's the corporate good after all...it's unfair the justice system cannot be applied equitably though and corporate citizens and it's senior management are not held to the same legal standards as private citizens...One example of carers, highlighted earlier in the thread, carers being heavily penalised by the system for honest mistakes...PO and Fujitsu knowingly conducted an organised, malicious pursuit and wrongful persecution of innocent Post masters over years to attempt a cover up and the system/govt not interested in prosecutions...it's a head scratcher certainly...

Master
    I suspect those who climb the greasy pole to these very senior roles are more likely to be willing to view corporate indicators of success above morality, and the law it seems, whilst convincing themselves that's ok.

Multiple criminal prosecutions needed for the PO execs and those involved in covering up the blood scandal. Until genuine justice is seen for these execs they'll continue to enrich themselves with such behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I suspect those who climb the greasy pole to these very senior roles are more likely to be willing to view corporate indicators of success above morality, and the law it seems, whilst convincing themselves that's ok.

Multiple criminal prosecutions needed for the PO execs and those involved in covering up the blood scandal. Until genuine justice is seen for these execs they'll continue to enrich themselves with such behaviour.
    Seems same in the world of politics as in top level corporate...after all the 2 worlds are overlapping, entwined, so would be surprising if weren´t the WAY...just as a statement of fact, apolitical.

Total agreement your 2nd point...otherwise the corruption continues and trickles down, at odds with the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post

My money says it's unlikely they get prosecuted, it's like the water companies dumping sewage or the contaminated blood scandal, the UK is a soft touch and they all know it, if there is enough public pressure they might have an expensive long winded enquiry where they will conclude that lessons need to be learnt!

Oh well Venells tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    My money says it's unlikely they get prosecuted, it's like the water companies dumping sewage or the contaminated blood scandal, the UK is a soft touch and they all know it, if there is enough public pressure they might have an expensive long winded enquiry where they will conclude that lessons need to be learnt!

Oh well Venells tomorrow
    Open for business no matter the cost?