closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

It looks like the Revd Venal has hung up her dog collar too.

https://www.stalbans.anglican.org/th...la-vennells-2/

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    It looks like the Revd Venal has hung up her dog collar too.

https://www.stalbans.anglican.org/th...la-vennells-2/

I'm pretty sure she won't have been given much option on that... moral authority gone.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I'm pretty sure she won't have been given much option on that... moral authority gone.
    Apparently her Bishop is the son of a sub-postmaster... 😀

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Apparently her Bishop is the son of a sub-postmaster... 
    Yet he’s only just taken this action ... typical church set up protecting its heads until it absolutely can’t any longer.

The similarities between her and an old boss of mine are striking: not only are they physically very similar in appearance (rat like), they both possess that air of infallibility and superiority that so many in the top civil service seem to have - perhaps why/how they elevated themselves to those positions in the first place?

Unfortunately, I doubt she will be made to suffer in the way that her 'victims' have.

The gong should certainly be withdrawn.

Craftsman
    I have been reading the Wikipedia articles about Horizon and Paula Vennells, and the more I read the angrier I get that she has not been prosecuted for her behaviour.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    The similarities between her and an old boss of mine are striking: not only are they physically very similar in appearance (rat like), they both possess that air of infallibility and superiority that so many in the top civil service seem to have - perhaps why/how they elevated themselves to those positions in the first place?

Unfortunately, I doubt she will be made to suffer in the way that her 'victims' have.
    Interesting comment given that the first time I had the misfortune of seeing a picture of her, the immediate first impression I got was that there was plenty of the ’rodent’ about her!

Craftsman
    I rarely comment on this kind of affair but cannot keep silent any longer. Utterly disgraceful shirking of responsibility. Has any attempt at an apology been made by this self obsessed creature?

...victim hopes to get home back:

...Mrs Palmer is one of hundreds of sub-postmasters who exposed the wrongdoing but who've been excluded from proper compensation.

However, from today they can now finally apply to a new fund to recover their losses.

The government says it will pay "full and fair" compensation whatever the cost.

"It's taken too long... it's a scandal that's needed righting for a long time," said Kevin Hollinrake, the Post Office Minister, who was appointed last autumn.

He told the BBC the government would put all the victims back to where they were had the mistreatment not occurred...

...Alan Bates...turns down OBE...:

...Alan Bates, who has campaigned relentlessly for over two decades to achieve justice for subpostmasters who were blamed and prosecuted for unexplained accounting shortfalls caused by computer errors, said it would be inappropriate to accept the offer because former Post Office CEO Paula Vennells still holds her CBE, bringing the “whole honours system into disrepute”...

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    ...victim hopes to get home back:
    ...Mrs Palmer is one of hundreds of sub-postmasters who exposed the wrongdoing but who've been excluded from proper compensation.

However, from today they can now finally apply to a new fund to recover their losses.

The government says it will pay "full and fair" compensation whatever the cost.

"It's taken too long... it's a scandal that's needed righting for a long time," said Kevin Hollinrake, the Post Office Minister, who was appointed last autumn.

He told the BBC the government would put all the victims back to where they were had the mistreatment not occurred...

A truly appalling story, among many appalling stories.

What is happening to Paula Vennells?
    So clever my foot fell off.