closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TV Advice

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    In Australia the manufacturer can say what they want as Consumer Law takes precedent. Let's say I buy a budget tv for <$1000, then it should last 5 years. If it lasts less I'm due some compensation, even if the manufacturer said it came with a 2-year warranty.

https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/c...ppliances-last

Nothing like this in UK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wadebridge59 View Post
    Yes and no (see my post yesterday). The problem is that the law doesn’t specify a particular period of time an item is expected to last just that it should be “reasonable” (or similar wording). Retailers and manufacturers then lie about or misrepresent their obligations and just blank anyone complaining. And that’s before you get into arguments about whether the problem was with the product or how it was used/misused. Result is that 99.9% of people don’t get the recourse they are probably entitled
    to.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Yes and no (see my post yesterday). The problem is that the law doesn’t specify a particular period of time an item is expected to last just that it should be “reasonable” (or similar wording). Retailers and manufacturers then lie about or misrepresent their obligations and just blank anyone complaining. And that’s before you get into arguments about whether the problem was with the product or how it was used/misused. Result is that 99.9% of people don’t get the recourse they are probably entitled
    to.
    Exactly why I only buy from Costco.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Exactly why I only buy from Costco.
    All the TVs in the Richer Sounds link I posted have a six year warranty. They are a brilliant company to deal with & will deliver to your door. Costco are good but not everyone can be a member.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    All the TVs in the Richer Sounds link I posted have a six year warranty. They are a brilliant company to deal with & will deliver to your door. Costco are good but not everyone can be a member.
    Product knowledge is better in Richer Sounds as well, although Costco returns are great. JL used to be good as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    The problem is that the law doesn’t specify a particular period of time an item is expected to last just that it should be “reasonable” (or similar wording).
    to.
    That's the problem, you guys need to get your MP's to be specific. Here we say, "Are you aware of Australian Consumer Law?" Complete change in attitude.

If they don't play ball, get the baseball bat, https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...umer-complaint, https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...mplaint-letter.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You should get what you want from Richer Sounds I only buy my TVs from them.