closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Master
    Lots in the press today on values of evs dropping and the cold weather issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Read one article today which said EVs in Chicago are struggling to charge even when plugged in resulting in them being towed and another where national stats for the year in Norway said EVs handle cold weather better than ICE cars with lower breakdowns and call outs.

Spin spin spin.

Blog Entries
    So funny reading all the EV Luddite’s comments on here who have not experienced life with an EV and being sucked in by the oil giant fuelled crazy press. Do I give a monkeys about -20 and EV’s……..erm, nope.

I have three years of Tesla Model 3 Performance and 45k miles under my belt so feel informed to comment. I currently due to circumstances drive wifey’s new PETROL powered BMW.

So, range. 350 days of the year my daily mileage was under a hundred miles. So range was never ever an issue. Our middle one settled after uni and lives in York, 220 miles door to door. After 16 years of doing the trip a number of times every year I can count on one hand when we did not stop for a coffee and pee mid trip (I’m in my 50’s). So, a 20 min stop at a Tesla Super Changer was never ever an issue, although I could always do it in one hop.

The driving experience was the most relaxing I have had, and I have had a lot of premium???? German cars. Performance, don’t even go there and running costs are peanuts.

Am I loving being back in a ICE car, NO, would I have another Tesla, yes, as soon as circumstances allow I will be driving another.

Don’t get sucked in the crazy press kids and maybe take the plunge, you may actually enjoy it

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    So funny reading all the EV Luddite’s comments on here who have not experienced life with an EV and being sucked in by the oil giant fuelled crazy press. Do I give a monkeys about -20 and EV’s……..erm, nope.

I have three years of Tesla Model 3 Performance and 45k miles under my belt so feel informed to comment. I currently due to circumstances drive wifey’s new PETROL powered BMW.

So, range. 350 days of the year my daily mileage was under a hundred miles. So range was never ever an issue. Our middle one settled after uni and lives in York, 220 miles door to door. After 16 years of doing the trip a number of times every year I can count on one hand when we did not stop for a coffee and pee mid trip (I’m in my 50’s). So, a 20 min stop at a Tesla Super Changer was never ever an issue, although I could always do it in one hop.

The driving experience was the most relaxing I have had, and I have had a lot of premium???? German cars. Performance, don’t even go there and running costs are peanuts.

Am I loving being back in a ICE car, NO, would I have another Tesla, yes, as soon as circumstances allow I will be driving another.

Don’t get sucked in the crazy press kids and maybe take the plunge, you may actually enjoy it

Pitch
    Thanks for this Pitch, decent perspective.

From my current position.....

1. I will never give a penny of my money to Elon or his products regardless of how good they are claimed to be. It will be another manufacturer when I make the change.

2. There is a big difference in risk between a company provided/financed car and one paid/financed by a private individual.

3. I am not anti EV, time was not right for us when we last changed vehicles - I will review again when that time comes around.

4. Toilet stops become more frequent.....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Cheers Chris and likewise, respect ya thoughts.

My next EV will be a personally funded motor, I’m unemployed currently. But, I can remember a year into the Tesla which was 2021 I was still very much “ermmmm, if this was my money I don’t think I would be doing it.” The last two years saw me make a complete u-turn which is where I remain.

I think I can manage about 3 hours between bogs whilst driving. LOL

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Our middle one settled after uni and lives in York, 220 miles door to door. After 16 years of doing the trip a number of times every year I can count on one hand when we did not stop for a coffee and pee mid trip
    You are a good Dad.

Mine gets free train tickets between London and Sheffield, and a once per year move of their stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    You are a good Dad.

Mine gets free train tickets between London and Sheffield, and a once per year move of their stuff
    Love that and deffo in your camp 13 years ago.

He is now married, three kids and his own business. We go up loads for the grandkids and mind games for the future when he tries to put us in a home when we are pissing ourselves. Back stop is the eldest and youngest if he doesn’t appreciate it.

Love getting old and playing with the kids.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    That’s the downside of private EV ownership.

I will chuck the keys back after 3 years, and won’t bother washing the car in that time, let alone worrying if it gets to 1% or 100%.

It is the pride in not washing that amazes me here, why is that something to be so proud of?

Hoping your personal hygiene is better for the sake of your poor wife who have enough to put up with given dodgy pans, cold house, and a constant lecky midnight boner

You are a strange chap, D.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Would take some of it with a pinch of salt though...certain sections of the press absolutely love to shit on EV's at every opportunity.