closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Energy costs up by £425

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Symbio have crashed and burned, but still sent me an email telling me they would take £60 this month by DD, despite me being in credit by over £200.

F-you. DD cancelled.

The DD advice is likely automatic ... it will be refunded or c/f to your new energy supplier ... if you are expecting a refund Symbio or whoever is dealing with Symbio a/c might not be able to process the refund if you have cancelled the DD which has your bank details.

I have a credit balance with my old supplier, OVO ... and a credit balance with my new (but failed / busted) supplier AVRO ... I know the OVO balance plus this week's DD to them will be refunded back to my bank a/c ... and the AVRO credit balance will be transferred to the allocated new supplier Octopus ... when i'm officially advised of the Octopus a/c being set up ... always takes a few weeks to sort out ... no need to panic
    Last edited by sundial; 3rd October 2021 at 00:34.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

I have not heard from Bulb as others have here and elsewhere, so I went to look at my account balance. I am £250 in credit and they have suggested reducing my monthly payment to £42. I will leave it as it is as I will undoubtedly be using more power this winter at a greater cost, and hope for the best that the service remains in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I have not heard from Bulb as others have here and elsewhere, so I went to look at my account balance. I am £250 in credit and they have suggested reducing my monthly payment to £42. I will leave it as it is as I will undoubtedly be using more power this winter at a greater cost, and hope for the best that the service remains in place.
    There is no consistency with Bulb, I’m a tiny amount in credit and they wanted to double the DD in the summer which I flat refused to do and went to my account and upped it by £10 and intend to top up over the winter months.
    My partner has had DD increases and is £250 in credit, the account dashboard will not allow her to change the DD except up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ampower
    Colorado
    Goto energy
    Home energy trading
    Whoop

Ofgem has published on ists website that it is proposing to issue final orders with all these for non payment of renewable obligations and they have been unable to provide assurances that they can meet their payments.

So they are all likely to collapse.

I'm with (was with) Igloo and have had notification today I'll be moving to E.On Next.
    Despite ceasing trading Igloo took my direct debit today and I'll be well in credit, circa £250, so fingers crossed it all passes over as smoothly as I'm being led to believe it will be...
    Took a screen grab of my Igloo balance yesterday but their website won't allow me to login today.
    Crazy situation!

I was with OVO and switched to AVRO and have paid one DD to Avro ... meantime I continued paying my DD to OVO as per contract ... today I received my final statement from OVO who advise:

OVO Energy logo
    Account number: 20XXXXXX

You'll receive your refund within 10 working days
    Hello Duncan,

Just to let you know we’re processing your refund of £51.72.

The good news is you should see your refund in the bank account your Direct Debit comes out of within 10 working days – if not sooner.

Thanks,
    The OVO Team

© 2021 OVO Energy Ltd. 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED. Registered in England and Wales No. 06890795. VAT No. 100119879. We are a FiT and SEG licensee.

Had I cancelled my DD to OVO, they might not have been able refund my Cr balance to my bank a/c

However, I still await news from Octopus that they have 'inherited' my AVRO a/c ... I have not cancelled my DD to AVRO ... I have faith in OFGEM to ensure my AVRO DDs will be reconciled properly to the meter readings I submitted ... and that Octopus will advise me accordingly when the new Octopus a/c is initiated. Whether I stay with Octopus depends on the tariff I'm offered ... I'll switch if there's a better deal elsewhere. I hope Octopus can access my smart meters. If they cannot access my smart meter readings I'll submit them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    I was with OVO and switched to AVRO and have paid one DD to Avro ... meantime I continued paying my DD to OVO as per contract ... today I received my final statement from OVO who advise:

OVO Energy logo
    Account number: 20XXXXXX

You'll receive your refund within 10 working days
    Hello Duncan,

Just to let you know we’re processing your refund of £51.72.

The good news is you should see your refund in the bank account your Direct Debit comes out of within 10 working days – if not sooner.

Thanks,
    The OVO Team

© 2021 OVO Energy Ltd. 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED. Registered in England and Wales No. 06890795. VAT No. 100119879. We are a FiT and SEG licensee.

Had I cancelled my DD to OVO, they might not have been able refund my Cr balance to my bank a/c

However, I still await news from Octopus that they have 'inherited' my AVRO a/c ... I have not cancelled my DD to AVRO ... I have faith in OFGEM to ensure my AVRO DDs will be reconciled properly to the meter readings I submitted ... and that Octopus will advise me accordingly when the new Octopus a/c is initiated. Whether I stay with Octopus depends on the tariff I'm offered ... I'll switch if there's a better deal elsewhere. I hope Octopus can access my smart meters. If they cannot access my smart meter readings I'll submit them myself.
    Been chasing Octopus, response yesterday:

. We are still in the process of migrating all the accounts over, so no further correspondence has been sent.
    You can keep an eye on our progress here: https://octopus.energy/avro/

From their site:
    UPDATE 4PM TUESDAY 5 OCTOBER

A second update today...

For the first time today we've been able to meet the Avro Energy team. Late on Friday 24th September we were asked by Ofgem, the energy regulator, to step in and look after Avro's customers, but we had to wait until today to engage with their team directly (we had to go through various conversations first with the administrator appointed to look after Avro after it stopped trading).

We now have a team of senior managers based at their office in Hinckley meeting a great team who have been working under difficult circumstances for the last couple of weeks. If they're reading - a personal thank you from all of us to all of you for welcoming us so kindly.

We've also already started working with those teams to understand how we can most smoothly move Avro customers over to our systems, and training them on Octopus systems to help the migration - so if you have contacted us and we haven't got back to you, please bear with us whilst we ramp up those teams over the next few days.

++First update:
    UPDATE 11AM TUESDAY 5 OCTOBER

Thank you for your continuing patience. We are now starting to set up Octopus accounts for you. Any credit balance is protected and will be added to your Octopus Energy account but we have not started moving any balances over to our systems yet - we are hoping this will start to happen over the next week or so, and we will be in contact with you directly with more information, and to confirm the rates you will be paying with us.

The prices Avro were charging were unsustainable, which is why they went out of business. Your Avro tariff came to an end on 26th September - the point the company ceased trading. Customers will be moved onto our Flexible Octopus tariff, which is currently £10 under the price cap. This is currently cheaper than anything else available from any other large supplier and also cheaper than the fixed prices we're currently offering new customers on our website.

For most people however,, this is an increase, and we are sorry about that. We know how hard it is when prices rise. Wholesale costs, which make up 50% of your bill, are up over 300% in the last year - meaning new tariffs are more expensive across the board.
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 5th October 2021 at 18:15. Reason: ETA Octopus update

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    There is no consistency with Bulb, I’m a tiny amount in credit and they wanted to double the DD in the summer which I flat refused to do and went to my account and upped it by £10 and intend to top up over the winter months.
    My partner has had DD increases and is £250 in credit, the account dashboard will not allow her to change the DD except up.
    And now they have done it to me, they wanted £120 P/M for the next seven months up from £60. I tried to change the dd to £80 but it doesn’t allow it so I cancelled, will do a reading at start of every month and they can email me my bill as I’m not a licensed credit broker and refuse to build up a huge credit with them.
    I know this doesn’t help me if they fold and I get transferred but I couldn’t pay a more realistic higher amount (not ludicrous) that would see me in credit even with price increases.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    And now they have done it to me, they wanted £120 P/M for the next seven months up from £60. I tried to change the dd to £80 but it doesn’t allow it so I cancelled, will do a reading at start of every month and they can email me my bill as I’m not a licensed credit broker and refuse to build up a huge credit with them.
    I know this doesn’t help me if they fold and I get transferred but I couldn’t pay a more realistic higher amount (not ludicrous) that would see me in credit even with price increases.
    Similar here with Bulb. They emailed me a couple of weeks ago asking for a one off payment of over £200 to ‘clear the debit on my account’. Of course I’m currently in credit though, and they are referring to the debit that will probably build up when the heating starts going on.

I find it all somewhat underhand. I know I will need to pay more and am happy to up my direct debit. But sending them £200 now when all this is happening… I think not. Mr Smith - just as a note on this they said there was a minimum I could up the DD to, but I tried at lower and it was accepted.

I’ve been with Bulb for three or four years now - I just CBA to be switching supplier every few months to save a few quid. Personally I never minded just paying a bill every quarter back in the day!

Craftsman
    We moved to Green network energy in August 2020 after not having a fixed tariff the year before with Shell.

We had been paying GNE £56 a month until April at which point we were transferred to EDF upon GNE’s collapse.

In the 5 months since we have paid them £280 and apparently used £400 worth of energy and the DD has been upper from £56 to £118.

Makes me think - was I in the wrong for falling for GNE’s prices thinking £56 was right? Or are the companies to blame for carrying on in such a way?

Scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    We moved to Green network energy in August 2020 after not having a fixed tariff the year before with Shell.

We had been paying GNE £56 a month until April at which point we were transferred to EDF upon GNE’s collapse.

In the 5 months since we have paid them £280 and apparently used £400 worth of energy and the DD has been upper from £56 to £118.

Makes me think - was I in the wrong for falling for GNE’s prices thinking £56 was right? Or are the companies to blame for carrying on in such a way?

Scandalous.
    Wow. I'm with EDF but only pay £49.00 a month but then again I live by myself a d I'm out most of the time.
    Just aswell I had secured my tariff until May 2023. One of the few time's I've hit lucky.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    Avro have taken my mum’s DD on 8 October!! What’s that all about??

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Avro have taken my mum’s DD on 8 October!! What’s that all about??
    She's paying for the energy she is using - all funds and liabilities are transferred to the new supplier

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    She's paying for the energy she is using - all funds and liabilities are transferred to the new supplier
    Assumed that the new provider would be charging now. Haven’t had a chance to look into what’s happened re new supplier payments.

Avro have taken another DD this month.
    What is a company that has gone bust and ceased trading doing taking even more money off me ffs!
    That`s about 400+ quids worth of DD`s that has now gone out of my account to two companies that have gone tits up.
    I can see it`s going to be a nightmare tracing/proving/claiming this back...

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    What is a company that has gone bust and ceased trading doing taking even more money off me ffs!
    That`s about 400+ quids worth of DD`s that has now gone out of my account to two companies that have gone tits up.
    Unlikely to be a nightmare ... Ofgem guarantee you will receive full credit for any DD payments ... Octopus will contact you ref your AVRO DD and advise you it will be reconciled to your new Octopus a/c ... from which you can 'opt out' with no exit fee if you decide to find another supplier ... But it might take a few weeks to sort out as there are many thousands of AVRO customers' a/c's to transfer ... We have to be patient. Please read #284.
    Last edited by sundial; 15th October 2021 at 11:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The first thing I did was cancel my DD. I was over two months in credit anyway and didn’t want any more money going to a company who weren’t supplying me any more.