closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: World snooker .

World snooker .

Really enjoying the snooker other then that Manc tosser JohnVirgo,screaming and bloody shouting every two minutes .

Master
    Best sporting event of the year for me. So much drama, so much skill, so much variety,so much unpredictability. Love it.

Master
    I think this year’s tournament and final has been very poor, littered with mistakes, missing pockets by inches, poor positional play, a lack of large break building. Many empty seats in the arena, I’ve never seen that before. Like all sports it’s slowly being eroded away by Saudi money.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    I think this year’s tournament and final has been very poor, littered with mistakes, missing pockets by inches, poor positional play, a lack of large break building. Many empty seats in the arena, I’ve never seen that before. Like all sports it’s slowly being eroded away by Saudi money.
    And with talks of the Worlds going elsewhere for me would be the nail in the coffin. Anyones who been to the crucible knows the atmosphere is magical.
    Never liked Hearne and for the changes thats come around since he's been at the helm.

Master
    Same here for me, LIV golf has started a ball rolling that’s going to engulf the pure greed that’s in sport. Players no longer want to test their skills against the best, but just fill their pockets with as much as possible in the shortest amount of time. The Crucible didn’t feel the same this year as have all of the golf majors as of late, there is an air of unrest amongst players and true fans will leave in their droves. The bosses need to be very careful of what they wish for !!

Master
    I would rather watch paint dry, than watch snooker.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I would rather watch paint dry, than watch snooker.
    Thank you for sharing
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Thank you for sharing
    Indeed, useful knowing that.
    Id also like to add that i also dont like stuff.

Grand Master
    Thats why we have winners and losers because of the mistakes and missing pockets & your other points you mention...isn't it.

It was a choice between Snooker on TV or Fishing on the radio. Who won the snooker?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Thats why we have winners and losers because of the mistakes and missing pockets & your other points you mention...isn't it.
    If I’m watching the World final It’s disappointing to see both players regularly missing blacks off the spot, 50-60 breaks, missing pots by inches. Even the commentators were lost for words at times with the snooker displayed, this final will not be remembered for anything other than it was Kyren Wilson’s first title.

Grand Master
    If I’m watching the World final It’s disappointing to see both players regularly missing blacks off the spot, 50-60 breaks, missing pots by inches. Even the commentators were lost for words at times with the snooker displayed, this final will not be remembered for anything other than it was Kyren Wilson’s first title.
    And all the reasons to watch.Shows us they also miss "easy" shots too.
    Be quite boring if the 147 breaks only happened after the break.I like to see the missed shots create a different next phase or not in the game.

There were a few issues this year, obviously they all complained about the pockets which I think gave them some kind of psychological issues. All the big boys went out in the first and second rounds.
    Centuries were down because of this.
    There’s almost 2 tournaments a month in the season.
    Both the finalists were on edge, it was Jones first time at the final and Wilson was under pressure as he knew he was favourite
    However if you want to make snooker better- sack that total tosser Hearn
    Fine O’Sullivan for being a prima-donna and stop chasing the huge money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    And all the reasons to watch.Shows us they also miss "easy" shots too.
    Be quite boring if the 147 breaks only happened after the break.I like to see the missed shots create a different next phase or not in the game.
    Perhaps you should watch national snooker then, you’d really enjoy that. However in the World championship I prefer to watch what should be the best professionals in the world at that time playing fantastic shots that we can only dream of playing, not missing blacks off the spot and making 30/40 breaks which I can see down my local club every night.
    As for Barry Hearn he’s made millions for both boxing & snooker but not necessarily for the best/right reasons, the problem is he’s passed his money genes on to his son who’s now in charge !! Rocky days ahead for snooker over the next couple of years.

Master
    Having watched the world championships religiously for over 4 decades, I can say missing blacks off the spot is not an unusual occurrence in the cauldron of the Crucible.

The lack of centuries at this year's event has been widely acknowledged as a table issue and the even less forgiving pockets.

There were more closely fought matches at this year's tournament than ever before. More final frame deciders etc.

The Higgins/Allen match was one of the greatest ever.

I have to admit that I find excellent safety play as enjoyable to watch as great potting or break building.

Perhaps due to the tight pockets, there was plenty of that this year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I have to admit that I find excellent safety play as enjoyable to watch as great potting or break building.

Perhaps due to the tight pockets, there was plenty of that this year.
    Yep, nothing better than a safety battle on the last red, esp when the scores are v close.