Since moving to Cornwall one of things that I have found quite shocking is how dangerous the roads are. I have seen more accidents here in two years than I saw in 10 living in the South East. Ive become used to seeing cars in hedges and fields on my morning travels. Its not just the holiday makers - the locals seem to have penchant for the most dangerous overtaking that I have seen in 40 years of driving. I guess that the local geography and layout of the roads is a key factor - but that cant be all of the story. All I can say that its truly frightening at times!

Anyway, I guess my luck was due to run out sooner or later.

flag for israel emojis

Rear ended by a 4x4 on the A38 - I had slowed down for stationary traffic. He just carried on coming and as I looked in the mirror I know he was going to hit me. Fortunately I was shunted off to the left and not into oncoming traffic which was moving at a pace.

Felt lucky to walk away from this without a scratch. Looks as though my VW and his Mitsubishi Shogan are write offs.

Insurance company has given me a hire car - partner and daughters are pressurizing my not to buy another small car. Not much pressure needed, I am looking for a big Volvo!