closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long term seller's remorse

Hybrid View

I think of my ex-watches much like I think of my ex-girlfriends. Fun while it lasted, it ended for a reason. I might sometimes think fondly of them but ultimately, no regrets.

As for the AT, I agree the 8500 series with the date surround and brushed bracelet was definitely the best. I just bought one recently, in black and it’s away at Omega getting a service. That particular model has been my humble grail since I got into the hobby and I can’t wait to get it in hand! Judging by what people have said about these experiences, it might turn out to be a disappointment but I guess it’s a rite of passage!

Master
    Far too many to list, like the OP painful to think about it (and usually costly), but it's nice to try different brands/models i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by muddymonkey View Post
    Far too many to list, like the OP painful to think about it (and usually costly), but it's nice to try different brands/models i guess.
    My sentiments too.

I’ve always felt guilty having too much money in watches. I only ever spend what I can comfortably afford, but it seems so extravagant sometimes spending so much on a wrist adornment.

So I’ve normally sold before I buy something new. Means there’s a fair few regrets. These are probably the highlights (lowlights?);

Not the fanciest or most valuable watches I’ve had, but ones I still sometimes look to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    My sentiments too.

I’ve always felt guilty having too much money in watches. I only ever spend what I can comfortably afford, but it seems so extravagant sometimes spending so much on a wrist adornment.

So I’ve normally sold before I buy something new. Means there’s a fair few regrets. These are probably the highlights (lowlights?);

Not the fanciest or most valuable watches I’ve had, but ones I still sometimes look to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can relate to the GMT. Bought one in 82, sold it in 98, 7 months later I bought another one. I now have 3, but still regret selling the first one.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Yup, me too.

If I looked back over my history I'd probably have more regrets but two that spring to mind are a PRS-5 and a Rolex Oysterquartz (at pre-mad prices).

I daren't look further.

Craftsman
    It's not the money, more the silly little things. Buying a slightly bashed up Sea Dweller from a pawn shop with my 1 year old daughter giggling on my knee. Then a Daytona when the old guarantee papers had your name written on them.

I'm a sentimental old fool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    It's not the money, more the silly little things. Buying a slightly bashed up Sea Dweller from a pawn shop with my 1 year old daughter giggling on my knee. Then a Daytona when the old guarantee papers had your name written on them.

I'm a sentimental old fool.
    :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Then a Daytona when the old guarantee papers had your name written on them.
    LOL! That's funny.

I swear this is the weirdest hobby of all.