Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
Totally agree the Navitimer would make an interesting hommage.

Another option would be the UN Marine Torpilleur - the old Sewills version made a good stab at Marine Chronometer with a super dial, but at 38mm (same size as UN's own iteration from the 90s, which I owned a long time ago), it was a bit of a tiddler. Today's UN version is a much more contemporary 42mm:

I have the 44mm Marine Torpilleur Military, a bit more presence/heft again at 44mm ... took me a long time to decide with/without power reserve as the dial is a lot more open/uncluttered without it and also without date, but more in UN tradition with I guess with both present. Ideally I'd own both watches. I love the huge subseconds on these designs.

Very good option I'd say, my first (for me) very expensive watch, Gerard from Horlogeplatform Nederland succeeded in becoming the first agent in the Netherlands for Ulysse Nardin and I just fell in love with the original 38mm Marine Chronometer with round date. Many watches (mostly from Gerard) followed, but I still regret selling the UN, it was a lovely piece.

So, Eddie has my blessing ;)