closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fidget things

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    @Daveya, I have just bought the KAP Horizon Zirc from you, and it came yesterday - thanks for the quick delivery. Having not used a spinner before, I think I am hooked; I used it when I was working yesterday, and I had the most productive coding session for a while.

I think I might get the BlackCloud Orbit Haptic Coin too.

I am not sure how overpriced these things are - the more expensive ones are precision-engineered artefacts, and have their own mechanical beauty. Tactilely, the KAP has a lovely, smooth spin, and easily unscrews into three pieces - something else to fiddle with. I might get some SS balls for it, but it is $20 shipping from China for 4 at $1 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    @Daveya, I have just bought the KAP Horizon Zirc from you, and it came yesterday - thanks for the quick delivery. Having not used a spinner before, I think I am hooked; I used it when I was working yesterday, and I had the most productive coding session for a while.

I am not sure how overpriced these things are - the more expensive ones are precision-engineered artefacts, and have their own mechanical beauty. Tactilely, the KAP has a lovely, smooth spin, and easily unscrews into three pieces - something else to fiddle with. I might get some SS balls for it, but it is $20 shipping from China for 4 at $1 each.
    No need to get another bearing, I've bought a few and compared to the KAP bearings and they are clearly very good. Imo , if its smooth, leave it alone. It really is a premium spinner though, as you say lovely tactile thing to hold and fidget with . I only sold because I have the Tri on the same version and it's what I use most

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    No need to get another bearing, I've bought a few and compared to the KAP bearings and they are clearly very good. Imo , if it’s smooth, leave it alone.
    I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. The KAP you sold me certainly spins very smoothly so I am very happy with that. I see KAP also sell add-on 8mm balls https://www.kapedc.com/product/8-mm-balls which go into the gaps in the spinner - another thing to fiddle with (which is good).

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. The KAP you sold me certainly spins very smoothly so I am very happy with that. I see KAP also sell add-on 8mm balls https://www.kapedc.com/product/8-mm-balls which go into the gaps in the spinner - another thing to fiddle with (which is good).
    Ah yes I have 6 of those in my tri

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Master

Another one joining the slipper slope.

We’re those bearing prices from KAP? I got quoted $3 each and am awaiting shipping costs.

Having tried other bearings, I really like the ones used by KAP, we could order together and split the shipping cost? Given at £5 each from a UK supplier the bearings have not been this smooth.

Let me know if you fancy it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Another one joining the slipper slope.

We’re those bearing prices from KAP? I got quoted $3 each and am awaiting shipping costs.

Having tried other bearings, I really like the ones used by KAP, we could order together and split the shipping cost? Given at £5 each from a UK supplier the bearings have not been this smooth.

Let me know if you fancy it.
    Ah I was talking bearings not balls.

Although I just got a quote of $35 for shipment, ouch! Still happy to split shipment cost if you wanted.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Ah I was talking bearings not balls.

Although I just got a quote of $35 for shipment, ouch! Still happy to split shipment cost if you wanted.
    Thanks, sounds like a great idea!

Master
    Thanks, sounds like a great idea!
    Be interesting to see your postage quote if you added 4 bearings to the mix.