closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Milwaukee tools - are prices pretty much fixed

Master

Milwaukee tools - are prices pretty much fixed

Im looking for a Milwaukee combination set, M12 Drill/Driver and Impact driver, twin batteries & charger set. I hoped there would be some competitive activity on pricing but all the suppliers seem to be within a fiver of same price. No discounts, voucher codes etc to be had anywhere

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    Im looking for a Milwaukee combination set, M12 Drill/Driver and Impact driver, twin batteries & charger set. I hoped there would be some competitive activity on pricing but all the suppliers seem to be within a fiver of same price. No discounts, voucher codes etc to be had anywhere
    Where have you tried?
    I have quite a bit of Milwaukee and a lot of it has come from FFX and powertool world.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Where have you tried?
    I have quite a bit of Milwaukee and a lot of it has come from FFX and powertool world.
    There seems to be about 5 main sellers including the 2 you mention. Im just going to go with one of them, its just nice to get a deal though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    There seems to be about 5 main sellers including the 2 you mention. Im just going to go with one of them, its just nice to get a deal though
    If you're over near Wakefield there is Powertools GB.
    It's great for a browse and they have a lot of Wera tools.
    From memory they don't price match though.

Master
    There was a 15% off voucher with FFX recently, via EBay. Not sure if it included the model you’re after but there was some Milwaukee stuff.
    Maybe worth looking out for one of those?

I bought a Milwaukee M12 3/8 angled driver for the workshop, and, to be honest I'm not at all impressed with the torque it's able to generate.

Anything over 40 lb/ft and it stalls, requiring me to break the nut by hand.

Are you confident that the 12v tools will be sufficient for what you need ?

Maybe the Fuel range would have been better for workshop use, but I'm disappointed with the single Milwaukee tool we have so far.

In comparison, we have a DeWalt 899 18v impact gun, which is an absolute beast.
    Last edited by W124; 11th January 2023 at 08:46.

Craftsman
    Screwfix normally have good deals on Milwaukee. Love my stuff.

The difference in torque between 12v and 18v impact drill drivers is vast: even on like-for-like batteries, let alone when you employ bigger Ah capacities.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    I bought a Milwaukee M12 3/8 angled driver for the workshop, and, to be honest I'm not at all impressed with the torque it's able to generate.

Anything over 40 lb/ft and it stalls, requiring me to break the nut by hand.

Are you confident that the 12v tools will be sufficient for what you need ?

Maybe the Fuel range would have been better for workshop use, but I'm disappointed with the single Milwaukee tool we have so far.

In comparison, we have a DeWalt 899 18v impact gun, which is an absolute beast.
    You are not comparing like-for-like here.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You are not comparing like-for-like here.
    I wasn't intending to compare like for like, they are patently quite different tools.

What I was trying to point out is that a 12v tool may cause frustration for the buy,er, when the upgrade to 14v or 18v is quite modest.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The difference in torque between 12v and 18v impact drill drivers is vast: even on like-for-like batteries, let alone when you employ bigger Ah capacities.

R
    The Ah capacity of the battery has no impact on the torque which can be achieved at full charge. It does impact the number of operations which can be completed before the operating voltage begins to dip, reducing the efficiency of the tool.

Master
    The Ah capacity of the battery has no impact on the torque which can be achieved at full charge. It does impact the number of operations which can be completed before the operating voltage begins to dip, reducing the efficiency of the tool.
    Mmm are you sure about that? There’s quite a few videos on YouTube showing the same tool with a 2ah battery producing more torque with a 5ah battery.

https://youtu.be/nfdjkwxJakg
    Last edited by Enoch; 11th January 2023 at 18:52.

I’ve bought quite a few bits from https://www.bigredpowertools.co.uk/, and 90% of the time they are the cheapest in the UK

I’ve got a fair few M12 tools, and they are more than powerful enough if you go with the modern fuel brushless models.
    Friend a mine who is/was a mechanic was impressed by the torque of my 1/2” M12 stubby impact,, it’ll shift bolts you wouldnt think a puny 12v can handle, plus it gets into tight spaces and is less tiring to use.

Nothing like having 340Nm (250 ft.-lbs.) of torque on tap when you have a stubborn bracelet screw.
    Last edited by endo; 11th January 2023 at 19:11.

A larger Ah battery will beat a smaller Ah battery hands down in like-for-like operations.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master