closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

New releases - random chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    Really like the look of the titanium aquaracer - would be very interested to hear any hands-on thoughts.
    I’ve seen a solar titanium they’ have just released - interesting . It’s a first from them in the solar department but is it pricey for what equates to a Swiss modified citizen eco solar drive ?

It’s grand seiko 9F quartz territory at the price Tag are putting it at.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heu...h-in-titanium/
    Last edited by bond; 19th January 2023 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    I’ve seen a solar titanium they’ have just released - interesting . It’s a first from them in the solar department but is it pricey for what equates to a Swiss modified citizen eco solar drive ?

It’s grand seiko 9F quartz territory at the price Tag are putting it at.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heu...h-in-titanium/
    Yep, hard to argue with that. I suspect whoever buys new will take a hit on resale, so I’ll just goal hang SC and see what comes up!

Master
    I am liking the new Sinn releases - the Sinn U50 with the etched dial that they previously released in the U1 and they have added the T50 titanium version which looks great. The prices seem to have edged up on Sinns since I last looked, but still competitive with what a more ordinary watch would cost these days.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I am liking the new Sinn releases - the Sinn U50 with the etched dial that they previously released in the U1 and they have added the T50 titanium version which looks great. The prices seem to have edged up on Sinns since I last looked, but still competitive with what a more ordinary watch would cost these days.

Yeah I got the email too. Love the T50 but close to 3.5 with bracelet is pushing it a little bit suppose that’s what most other brand done recently by putting the price up

Master
    The T50 does look rather 'flat' in the renderings, so it will be interesting to see real-life photos to see how it looks. On paper the specs are good and personally, having owned a U1 and U50 in the past, I like the fact they've not used red on this new release. But that cost, OUCH!!

I also spotted (as I think was mentioned in the Sinn thread) that it costs more on the silicone strap than the bracelet. In the past the prices were about the same, but I'm perplexed as to how it can cost more on rubber than a Ti bracelet!

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    The T50 does look rather 'flat' in the renderings, so it will be interesting to see real-life photos to see how it looks. On paper the specs are good and personally, having owned a U1 and U50 in the past, I like the fact they've not used red on this new release. But that cost, OUCH!!

I also spotted (as I think was mentioned in the Sinn thread) that it costs more on the silicone strap than the bracelet. In the past the prices were about the same, but I'm perplexed as to how it can cost more on rubber than a Ti bracelet!
    Not sure how the specs are good given it houses a pretty base movement.

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    ... Love the T50 but close to 3.5 with bracelet is pushing it ...
    Those prices! I like the watch and I like Sinn, but viewed objectively it's a titanium watch with a cooking-grade Sellita movement. £3.5K is pretty damn ambitious!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Those prices! I like the watch and I like Sinn, but viewed objectively it's a titanium watch with a cooking-grade Sellita movement. £3.5K is pretty damn ambitious!
    This. It’s clearly been positioned against the Tudor Pelagos. Not sure I’d pick the U50 over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    This. It’s clearly been positioned against the Tudor Pelagos. Not sure I’d pick the U50 over that.
    Good point about the Tudor, though I would prefer the Sinn personally - problem is I got accustomed to much lower Sinn prices just a few years back and cannot see the justification for the steep rise in price, there is simply less watchmaking content compared with the likes of Tudor.

Master
    Nice enough watch but agree that is a lot for a longines. Or at least it is to me. Also, I am over the aged lume on new watches. In fact, I never liked it.

Agreed. I think the pricing is very ambitious for what it is.

D

As an owner of a U1 and a Pelagos, the U1 is not in the same league as the Tudor. Night a day in terms of quality, finish and feel.
    The U1 is a great watch. The Pelagos feels like a bit of engineering.

New LE's from Christopher Ward using the in house 5 day movement.

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...-S00B0-B0.html

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...-S00W0-TK.html

£1,750 on the bracelet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    New LE's from Christopher Ward using the in house 5 day movement.

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...-S00B0-B0.html

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...-S00W0-TK.html

£1,750 on the bracelet
    Saw those in the email earlier. The blue is a bit bright for my tastes (and I'm ignoring the tenuous nature related tie-ins) but I think the white is a great looking watch.
    Last edited by boywithabubblegun; 16th March 2023 at 16:58.