closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Like the Brown too but I've become a sucker for off white, cream dials...Plus I've had several happy years experience living with one of their earlier models, the HMS 001 cream dial, lovely domed plexi crystal...a watch whose only minor flaws to my eyes was it's 50 m WR and lack of lume...mind you I managed to pick that one up for only about 200 gbp so zero complaints, still love it's design, stepped bezel and blued hands and it continues to run nicely despite a very modest movement...In fact it's a watch I've commented to my missus that if it had come with a screw down crown/ lume I'd not need another! It's as if the clever chaps at Baltic have heard me!
    So in a nutshell one of these bad boys will be mine next year. Then I'm done, as it fits 'my tastes/brief/requirements perfectly, super svelte so easy wearing and for me far less likely to whack a door frame etc, plus ample WR for pool/beach life and those funky applied 3D lume bloc numerals I think are awesome.

review of the HMS 001 should anyone be interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjcSGGq27l4
    I don't know if you saw it, but Jody just did a review of the Hermétique and raised a couple of points that would give me pause in buying one:

- lume starts out very strong but fades to nothing with disappointing speed

- the flush crown makes it v hard / impossible to manually wind (if you pull it out far enough to get a grip on it, you're in the setting position with hacked movement).

The latter especially I find off-putting, and it seems like a bad piece of design. I'd assumed they'd have set it up so you could pull it out far enough to get a purchase and still be able to actually wind it, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    I don't know if you saw it, but Jody just did a review of the Hermétique and raised a couple of points that would give me pause in buying one:

- lume starts out very strong but fades to nothing with disappointing speed

- the flush crown makes it v hard / impossible to manually wind (if you pull it out far enough to get a grip on it, you're in the setting position with hacked movement).

The latter especially I find off-putting, and it seems like a bad piece of design. I'd assumed they'd have set it up so you could pull it out far enough to get a purchase and still be able to actually wind it, but apparently not.
    Will have to look up that review, many thanks, not pulled the trigger yet…weird watched several other reviews and they seem unequivocal on the strength of the lume. re the crown, though I obvs have not experienced it, I reckon the unspoilt silhouette of the case might well offset any slight winding travails, plus I’m blessed with finger talons instead of nails, when the wife’s necklaces get taffled up I’m her ‘lucky’ go to guy,…Vit D excess plausibly.
    Sent Baltic an enquiry on the lume question fwiw.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd January 2024 at 12:28.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Will have to look up that review, many thanks, not pulled the trigger yet…weird watched several other reviews and they seem unequivocal on the strength of the lume. re the crown, though I obvs have not experienced it, I reckon the unspoilt silhouette of the case might well offset any slight winding travails, plus I’m blessed with finger talons instead of nails, when the wife’s necklaces get taffled up I’m her ‘lucky’ go to guy,…Vit D excess plausibly.
    Sent Baltic an enquiry on the lume question fwiw.
    Would be interested to hear their lume comments if you want to share any reply.

They paid Jody for that review, and though it was overall pretty positive I wonder how pleased they will be with the outcome, I’m probably not the only one who’d now think twice about getting one. He does seem an honest bloke, at least.

The flush crown definitely does give it a very distinctive look, and one that I like. Depends how happy you are with doing the Seiko shuffle!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Would be interested to hear their lume comments if you want to share any reply.

They paid Jody for that review, and though it was overall pretty positive I wonder how pleased they will be with the outcome, I’m probably not the only one who’d now think twice about getting one. He does seem an honest bloke, at least.

The flush crown definitely does give it a very distinctive look, and one that I like. Depends how happy you are with doing the Seiko shuffle!
    They kindly replied after an hour or so confirming they use BGW9 superluminova and that longevity of luminosity depends on time of exposure to light. And and the HT has a more saturated cream dial colour than the earlier HMS model I own and enjoy very much.
    Last edited by Passenger; 25th January 2024 at 14:59.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Ding dong!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Beautiful. Shame I can't have one.

Master
    Grand Seiko have done something rather amazing, by releasing a 62GS case in 38mm (and titanium) instead of the usual 40mm. To me it seems amazing anyway, as the 40mm case has always worn slightly too large whenever I’ve tried it, while 38mm is invariably the sweet spot. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve wished a 40mm watch was 38mm, but this is the first time I’ve seen a brand actually shave off 2mm, instead of making a 36mm alternative that wears too small.

I can’t say the pink and pale green dials are for me, but knowing GS, another dial will be along sooner or later.

https://wornandwound.com/grand-seiko...e-in-titanium/