closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases - random chat

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Citizen clearly want a bit of the attention GS get, but are going about it in a unique way. A perfectly sized (38.2mm) +/-5 sec per year solar powered perpetual calendar, in titanium with a hard to scratch yellow gold duratect coating, along with their own take on an ‘interesting’ Japanese dial. It won’t be for everyone, particularly as a £3k limited edition, but those are very intriguing specs - arguably a super accurate, unscratchable perpetual calendar that never needs a battery change or service would be the ultimate modern watch, and this is getting close. Closer than GS have in fact, from a technical standpoint at least, for all their emphasis on craftsmanship and beautiful dials.
    If they want to compete with Grand Seiko they could try just try actually distributing the Chronomaster. Seems nuts to me that they don't do this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If they want to compete with Grand Seiko they could try just try actually distributing the Chronomaster. Seems nuts to me that they don't do this.
    Completely agreed. I'd be happy to go and look at them, but much like GS, I didn't buy one until I'd handled one.
    I'm not convinced on the gold coating on a Ti watch though, seems a bit of an odd combo.

Fully matt black the hands, 6 instead of the stupid logo and I'd be very happy with that.

But I like black watches and I like full lume dials

Oh and make it 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Fully matt black the hands, 6 instead of the stupid logo and I'd be very happy with that.

But I like black watches and I like full lume dials

Oh and make it 38mm
    Agree with all of that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Completely agreed. I'd be happy to go and look at them, but much like GS, I didn't buy one until I'd handled one.
    I'm not convinced on the gold coating on a Ti watch though, seems a bit of an odd combo.
    I know what you mean on the Duratect gold plating on titanium. In theory you have the advantage of a gold (looking) watch that is light and doesn’t scratch. But in practice what’s appealing about gold is a big heavy lump of the stuff, so the lightness of titanium may not feel exactly premium, it’s a built in reminder that it’s plated. Technically it’s an interesting watch but it may appeal more to the head than the heart.

Everyone form an orderly queue for a ceramic and gold, impossible to read, £7000 Doxa

Black on black on black date wheel makes it look like the 3oclock marker has fallen off
    Last edited by acg; 29th August 2023 at 15:04.

https://alpinawatches.com/products/a...c-al-530sac3c6

I’m not really a fan of rectangular art deco watches but there’s something quite compelling about this alpina. It’s a bit thick, mind.

Master
    Everyone form an orderly queue for a ceramic and gold, impossible to read, £7000 Doxa

Black on black on black date wheel makes it look like the 3oclock marker has fallen off
    That really is spectacularly horrible. Hard to know what they were thinking. And £7k?!

They've made a tool watch blingy. The price is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    They've made a tool watch blingy. The price is utterly ridiculous.
    Couldn’t agree more David! And I’m a Doxa fan!
    I really don’t like the dial and I have no idea what the gold is all about.
    They have shot themselves in the foot with this release, I can’t see even die hard Doxa fans forking out £7K for that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more David! And I’m a Doxa fan!
    I really don’t like the dial and I have no idea what the gold is all about.
    They have shot themselves in the foot with this release, I can’t see even die hard Doxa fans forking out £7K for that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So true Chris. Even Stevie Wonder wouldn't buy that Doxa. :-)

This may be difficult to bear but here's a link to a review. Apologies to anyone that may feel upset or slightly queasy viewing this "super chic" Doxa:

This is the Fratello initial comment.

"The surprising combination of black and 18K gold leads this classic dive watch to sublime results".

Honestly!!

https://www.fratellowatches.com/doxa...2-sharkhunter/
    Last edited by j111dja; 30th August 2023 at 11:20.

Master
    I can’t work what I think about this new release in the Tissot PRX line beyond being amazed that it exists.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-rel...gital-watches/

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can’t work what I think about this new release in the Tissot PRX line beyond being amazed that it exists.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-rel...gital-watches/

They seem to have spectacularly misinterpreted why the Casio LCD is popular with younger buyers and assumed that an upmarket version will sell well....

Master

New releases - random chat

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    They seem to have spectacularly misinterpreted why the Casio LCD is popular with younger buyers and assumed that an upmarket version will sell well....
    I have strange love / hate feelings about it. Part of me actually enjoys the retro-futuristic nostalgia trip, and can remember how cool this might have seemed in late 70s. The rest of me is almost physically repelled.

Once upon a time in Shoreditch, hipster kids might have worn gold Casio LCDs and turned the same feelings into an ironic fashion statement, but those hipster types melted away, what, ten years ago? So you’re just left with the reality of it somehow.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 30th August 2023 at 20:26. Reason: Thank you tapatalk

Craftsman
    I have strange love / hate feelings about it. Part of me actually enjoys the retro-futuristic nostalgia trip, and can remember how cool this might have seemed in late 70s. The rest of me is almost physically repelled.

Once upon a time in Shoreditch, hipster kids might have worn gold Casio LCDs and turned the same feelings into an ironic fashion statement, but those hipster types melted away, what, ten years ago? So you’re just left with the reality of it somehow.
    I quite like it as a dressy beater and the price is not extreme, beats 4 grand for an Oris.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stowaJLCfan View Post
    a dressy beater
    Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk
    And lo, a whole new style of watch was born.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there are a few things I quite like about this

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-rel...quispro-4000m/

I like the prone crystal, I really like the rubber coated cough medicine lid style bezel action. I also like the case profile.
    I would not pay RRP or even close but used it could be a bit of fun. Still not a fan of the lugs though.
    All in all the first Oris that I have been interested in since the depth meter version a few years ago. (Which was equally pointless)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but there are a few things I quite like about this

I like the prone crystal, I really like the rubber coated cough medicine lid style bezel action. I also like the case profile.
    I would not pay RRP or even close but used it could be a bit of fun. Still not a fan of the lugs though.
    All in all the first Oris that I have been interested in since the depth meter version a few years ago. (Which was equally pointless)
    Aesthetically, I think it looks great. On the other hand, wearing it may not bring so much glee.

It looks great. I love the shape of the case and the top hat crystal. Saying that, I'm totally confused with it's dimensions. It has nigh on the same depth rating as a steel Rolex DeepSea but you'd think that Oris could have made it smaller with a Titanium case, but no.

The steel Rolex is 44mm across the case and it is 18mm thick.

The titanium Oris is 49.5mm across the case and it is 23.4mm thick. Why?

The Deepsea Challenge is 50mm across and it is 23mm thick, so it is as close to the dimensions of the Oris as you can get, but it is a 11000m rated watch.

Oris could have easily made this 4000m watch smaller and still achieved the same depth rating. This would have them made it actually wearable.

I love the Oris brand but I just don't get it with this watch.
    Last edited by j111dja; 31st August 2023 at 12:10.

What makes no sense to me is the lack of bracelet option with those stupid lugs and those stupid screws. An irregular rubber strap and dumb screws that could be impossible to get in 20 years would render the thing useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    What makes no sense to me is the lack of bracelet option with those stupid lugs and those stupid screws. An irregular rubber strap and dumb screws that could be impossible to get in 20 years would render the thing useless.
    I hate them too.

I'm not lover of bracelets but Oris really need to get back to standard lugs so that buyers have the typical strap options.

Angelus Chronodate. It isn't cheap at £22,900.

Apologies to all the haters of subdials cutting in to arabic numbers. This one is brutal. :-)

https://angelus-watches.com/collecti...-titanium-blue

Last edited by j111dja; 1st September 2023 at 18:47.

Oh no.......

Not on a £13.5k watch thanks JLC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Angelus Chronodate. It isn't cheap at £22,900.

Apologies to all the haters of subdials cutting in to arabic numbers as this is one is brutal. :-)

https://angelus-watches.com/collecti...-titanium-blue

Amazing looking watch, but 30m WR? That’s dress watch territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Amazing looking watch, but 30m WR? That’s dress watch territory.
    A big error on their part.

New Sinn chronos

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    New Sinn chronos

I got the email too, I really like them! So tempted to get one but I know 38.5 is just to small for me!!

Craftsman
    New Sinn chronos

I saw them too. They look beautiful. If I didn't have a 2 register chronograph already, then I'd be on it.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

New Sinn chronos

I love Sinn but they are all terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I agree, not a fan of these.

Master
    The tricky thing about minimalism is that all the details have to be right, but Oris seemed to have nailed it with this one, particularly as it’s 38mm. Also in black.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch...is-artelier-s/

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I actually really like them. I accept they’re not very Sinn-y but as a chrono, they’ve got a nice dial design and good dimensions.

I’ll keep an eye out for one at a good price!

Just under a grand. I find the design quite compelling, and I don’t particularly like GMTs!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

Just under a grand. I find the design quite compelling, and I don’t particularly like GMTs!
    Once the discounts kick in - a good watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

I think it looks a mess. I don’t mind an Alpinist, I’m partial to a GMT, but that mix of hands is awful.

Given the addition of GMT feature on a watch already notoriously thick, I dread to think how that thing wears.

New Sinn chronos

https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...-of-the-model/

Last edited by j111dja; 2nd September 2023 at 16:52.

Craftsman
    That's really nice!

The tricky thing about minimalism is that all the details have to be right, but Oris seemed to have nailed it with this one, particularly as it’s 38mm. Also in black.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch...is-artelier-s/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neuman356 View Post
    That's really nice!
    In the interests of being picky, I wonder if a green dialled watch needed a red rotor, or an exhibition case back for an adapted SW200, or an over complicated deployant clasp adding bulk to the strap. You also have to like the brand, seeing as there’s not much else to look at. A round of applause though for not ruining it with a date.

Craftsman
    The rotor is the only thing adapted so they need to show it off, but that wouldn't deter me. (I wouldn't want to pay the rrp for it though.)
    In the interests of being picky, I wonder if a green dialled watch needed a red rotor, or an exhibition case back for an adapted SW200, or an over complicated deployant clasp adding bulk to the strap. You also have to like the brand, seeing as there’s not much else to look at. A round of applause though for not ruining it with a date.

Vulcain Cricket Nautical.

Not cheap but IMHO looks cooler than a JLC Memovox

This seems like an absolute Billy Bargain at £745 RRP. I’m sure they’ll be available for £600-£650 before too long.
    Sure it’s only a 2824 inside but it’s COSC certified. 38mm diameter is also pretty appealing!

Correction: 39mm. Slightly less appealing but only a little bit!
    Last edited by Idontgram; 11th September 2023 at 20:22.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Vulcain Cricket Nautical.

Not cheap but IMHO looks cooler than a JLC Memovox
    I really like some of their watches but I just cannot work out who actually owns the company or what direction they are going in. A few years ago the Cricket watch was a really nice polished case, decorated movement for about 3k then there seemed to be another Vulcain with all these weird pastel colour dials, no display back selling for quite a bit more and direct from Switzerland. It sort of leaves me with the impression the brand exists in name only these days.

Master
    Blog Entries
    New Zenith chronomaster original black with the tricolour looks fantastic, but £8800 is about 2-3k too much.

I’ve just seen a Tudor new release on ig
    Not sure as yet what it is . September 14 is the date

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/reveal

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Pan16520; 12th September 2023 at 12:43.

Bets being placed on blue Pelagos 39.

Not particularly interested unless they drop the fussy bezel finish.

Big Block Chrono reissue in SS. They already did a gold one for Onlywatch

They need a decent Chronograph offering without the snowflake hands!

My AD seems to think Blue 39.