Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    $19,900

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    $19,900
    Ridiculous isn't it?

Probably out on a limb with this one, but Citizen's new 365-day solar mechanism finds its home in some rather retro-cool designs that could only come from Japan:

I particularly like the limited edition (right) with its lab-grown ruby indices - mooted to retail under US$1000.

Citizen seems to have the courage to design distinctive, archetypally Japanese watches - as well as pushing technologies that get little more than lip-service from other brands. I really like and admire them for this.

Ridiculous isn't it?
    Yup, when I saw the $5000, I thought 'that's a bit toppy', then realised it was the deposit.

Is it just me seeing a cock-and-balls on the dial of that...?

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Is it just me seeing a cock-and-balls on the dial of that...?
    It was just you. Now it's me too.

Thanks

^^^ Had me searching on the photo... Nope, couldn't see them.

Then I did and now can't unsee. I still like the look of the silver dial version though. Would be a nice buy second-hand (as is so often the case).

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Just when you think that Seiko had already made far too many new models this year.....

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...eid=6175627225
    Last edited by j111dja; 15th March 2023 at 20:03.

Here's a link to the new Citizen Eco Drives, mentioned above. Scheduled for release Autumn 2023.

I suspect it's a Marmite watch, but I really like the styling of the limited edition, model ref BN1010-05E.

https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/...ial/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Here's a link to the new Citizen Eco Drives, mentioned above. Scheduled for release Autumn 2023.

I suspect it's a Marmite watch, but I really like the styling of the limited edition, model ref BN1010-05E.

https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/...ial/index.html

That website is giving me enough anxiety.

Very nice

I like the marine blue.

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Have been liking some of the recent CHWards. If the GS is the 'Snowflake', I wonder what that white dial would be? It looks like a broken up ice field, quite pleasing. I'm not a fan of the hand shapes, and the differing lengths of the indices makes it - for me - less attractive overall, but a nice watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Have been liking some of the recent CHWards. If the GS is the 'Snowflake', I wonder what that white dial would be? It looks like a broken up ice field, quite pleasing. I'm not a fan of the hand shapes, and the differing lengths of the indices makes it - for me - less attractive overall, but a nice watch.
    Agree with this. There’s something about the CW signature handset that puts me off. Shame really as I do like their watches that don’t use it and I suspect I’d like a few more otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Agree with this. There’s something about the CW signature handset that puts me off. Shame really as I do like their watches that don’t use it and I suspect I’d like a few more otherwise.
    Me too. In fact, there's usually an element of detail that jars, too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Me too. In fact, there's usually an element of detail that jars, too.
    Me three! Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about CW (and for the record I own their first release, the C6, albeit I've not worn it or put a new battery in it for several years as my tastes have changed and the size/weight of it is a bit beyond what i like now).

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I believe the dial is a "snow leopard" pattern. It's got snow leopard spots in relief, and I believe they've got some kind of charity thing going with snow leopard conservation around that model. I like the look if it, especially since as a chrono it lacks the trident counterweight on the seconds hand . The trident is one of my styling gripes with CW.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Doxa have released a smaller chronograph https://monochrome-watches.com/intro...d-specs-price/ the 'tiffany' blue and orange do look nice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Doxa have released a smaller chronograph https://monochrome-watches.com/intro...d-specs-price/ the 'tiffany' blue and orange do look nice
    Nice

A new model from H20. The Green Ocean Mokume Gane:

https://www.h2o-watch.com/h2o-uhren/...kume-gane.html

I’d never considered a CW before, but a couple of weeks ago I spent a few hours on their website and was convinced they were great value and I’d probably buy one, especially now the logo was a bit more subtle. After a few days perusing the site and various online reviews, I just lost interest and wasn’t sure why until I read this thread - but they just seem overly fussy to me and that often starts with the handset. Mix in the lightcatcher case and they’re moving into a slightly flashy, cheap look that I know would just result in a swift flip. I’ll keep an eye going forward though, as they seem to be improving as time goes by

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    … - but they just seem overly fussy to me and that often starts with the handset. Mix in the lightcatcher case and they’re moving into a slightly flashy, cheap look that I know would just result in a swift flip. I’ll keep an eye going forward though, as they seem to be improving as time goes by
    You have pretty much summed up my thoughts.
    I wish them well but they don’t make anything I want to buy. I just don’t like their styling

The Wise Adamascus AD7 series.

https://wisetimepiece.com/collections/adamascus-ad7

My personal favourite.

My personal favourite.
    I'll be in Bangkok next week. Might pop down to their shop to fondle one of these

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

My personal favourite.
    Those look really good. And at a reasonable price too.

Hate watches with a nameplate on the dial.

Apprentice

New releases - random chat

I was kindly asked to remove it
    Last edited by AAMC; 26th March 2023 at 13:34.

Craftsman
    These look great - are these prediction mock ups or real?

Quote Originally Posted by AAMC View Post
    New IWC Ingenieur

New IWC Ingenieur

Nothing to dislike here, but equally, if this was a lesser or micro brand, it would be mercilessly sneered-at for its neither-fish-nor-fowl styling, low-effort updates and me-too colours; pricing it >£10K - just demented, definitely one for the wild-eyed fanbhois. It'll undoubtedly be a big success.

Nothing to dislike here, but equally, if this was a lesser or micro brand, it would be mercilessly sneered-at for its neither-fish-nor-fowl styling, low-effort updates and me-too colours; pricing it >£10K - just demented, definitely one for the wild-eyed fanbhois. It'll undoubtedly be a big success.
    Nice enough but makes the AMG Black Series I’m thinking of buying for less than £5k look ‘cheap”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New IWC Ingenieur

This is for me is bland, boring and looks like a million other microbrands.

Can’t for the life of me see 10k of value for this lazy jumping the shark watch. For me IWC are only on a downward spiral

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    This is for me is bland, boring and looks like a million other microbrands.

Can’t for the life of me see 10k of value for this lazy jumping the shark watch. For me IWC are only on a downward spiral
    Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.

Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    Last edited by TKH; 26th March 2023 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    LOVE the green dial, too.

Glad you can find something you like but I feel very differently. The movements are still pretty pedestrian and I would be expecting a little more than a jazzed up bought in movement at this cost. Plus the day date just looks a little lazy to me.

For me, IWC are the pinnacle of just coasting on their heritage and name with little if any innovation and charging for the pleasure. Wake me up when they do something actually interesting!

Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.

Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.
    Disagree about the handset (I’ve handled one as well). As for the movement size, the subdials are perfectly positioned; I accept that the day/date window could be slightly closer to the indices but it’s nowhere near being enough of an issue to put me off buying.

I didn’t find it blingy either, or at least no more so than other IWC pilot watches on bracelets.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 26th March 2023 at 20:27.

Apprentice
    New Bvlgari Octo Roma

The watch looks great, but £10k+ ?!!

Almost everything IWC makes is at least a couple of grand too expensive

Anyone know the case size of the new Ingenieur? I liked the previous version but it wore too big for my puny wrists.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Seems to be another pic of an Ingenieur.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That looks just like the old Jumbo SL? Sweet though

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This is the original I believe. The “leaked” ones have the indentation aligned to the 12 o clock and sport some crown guards

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This is the original I believe. The “leaked” ones have the indentation aligned to the 12 o clock and sport some crown guards

Yes, far too well proportioned to be a new release. IWC mostly serves up bloated dinner plate sized wrist fayre these days

I agree - the new Carreras look really good. Will be interesting to see the proportions in person, especially thickness, but I really like the curves in the crystal and dial.

Master

Spotted the new Zenith Defy 36 today which has arrived in stores, so had to try it. Predictably the larger version is huge, so a few here had high hopes for a more wearable version, but the 36 is on the small side for a watch with a wide bezel. Worse still, the small size makes it look too thick. It’s a bit frustrating as a couple of mm larger and a few thinner, and you’d have a more affordable (up to a point) challenger to the 37mm Royal Oak, or something like the older 14790ST Royal Oak, which works because it’s incredibly thin. As it is, the AP is simply way better proportioned, and the Zenith is probably too bulky for the ladies and too small for men. If I were Zenith, I’d be busy removing the date, the second hand, the display back and the automatic winding if necessary, anything to make it thinner, then releasing a 38mm or thereabouts midsized version. As it is, quite a lot of money for something that could so easily have been great, but chooses not to be.

PS - That’s the last time I post with Tapatalk, which replaced ’ with t’s
    Last edited by Itsguy; 15th April 2023 at 12:00.

Loving the understated elegance of Laurent Ferrier's latest 'Classic' - the contrast between red gold and green dial really makes the most of the design -

...sadly I find myself approximately £59,000 shy of the £60K price...

I quite like the look of this Timex. Not crazy money and the website often has discounts.

https://www.toddsnyder.com/products/...-orange-orange

Inevitable we'd see a release of a new ingenieur and I sorely hope it does come with a micro adjust. Does look a tad late to the market and maybe a bit boring. I like the satory billard better. Pretty happy with my ingenieur, just out of the safe. It'd be on bracelet if I could get a damn half link!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk