closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoplifting

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Last week I saw a couple stroll out of the shop, the alarm went off and the bloke kept walking without looking back leaving the woman at the exit with a bag of paid for shopping, seems an easy way to steal.
    This my friends daughter works at Sports Direct. The modus operandi of the scroats is . Two people one with a huge basket of clothes and another with one item. The one item person leaves the store, setting off the alarm, staff approach them and the one item person makes a big fuss Then the large basket is taken through whilst staff are distracted and the alarm is still going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I got involved with apprehending a shoplifter in one of our local shops a while back.

The individuals had stolen hundreds of pounds worth of stuff over the previous few weeks, and a staff member managed to grab one of them trying to leave the store.

The police were called and said we should detain the person until they got there, though it could be a few hours. The hour or so was a fair amount of struggles and brawling trying to stop the individual leaving the premises, until we realised that they would likely do damage to themselves, us or the shop repeatedly attempting to escape.

In the end, realising the police would indeed be hours, we gave up and let them go.

Hated doing so, but fighting with someone desperate to feed their drug habit isn't a great way to spend an afternoon.
    Good on ya for trying Gyp, agree totally, it's just not worth your time, effort, possibly hours spent subduing/ restraining the individual!!!! Because the Polis can't be arsed, or aren't able to come in a timely manner.

I was punched in the face on Nottingham train station, over 30 years ago, no reason, I took the lad to the floor and was comfortably pinning him down, asked a station bod to call the plod please, he just ignored me walked away, passers by did likewise...In the end I told him I was going to let him up, let him go provided he would behave...We ended up going down the road for a pint on him AND he apologised, gave me 20 quid for tearing my T shirt...He'd thought I was staring at him on the train and wanted some... a bit paranoid cos of drugs.

When I was working at Lasham airfield we used to sit outside the White Horse in Alton for a beer or three of an evening. Opposite was an M&S food hall and we used to watch as two or three kids would go in through the one way automatic entrance door leaving one kid outside. The kids inside would get a slab of beers each, walk back to the door with the beers, and the kid left outside would activate it and they'd all walk off. Saw this at least once a week.

thats pretty much why i dont /would not get involved anymore

the police cant be arsed
    the security guards on minimum wage cant be arsed taking the chance of getting stabbed for a bottle of bells

due to the amount of profits supermarkets make im sure its not going to hurt them

Pretty sad state of affairs.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    They simply have a policy to take any theft/burglary call serious. This is in one of Europe's theft/burglary capitals.

Doable of you staff the police according to the level of crime.
    Don’t you also live in one of the richest countries in the world (per capita) though? I’d imagine that in itself would raise a lot of concerns for those who share progressive, equitable philosophies which I suppose should inevitably lead to wealth redistribution? I may be off the mark but I thought you based in Luxembourg?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Don’t you also live in one of the richest countries in the world (per capita) though? I’d imagine that in itself would raise a lot of concerns for those who share progressive, equitable philosophies which I suppose should inevitably lead to wealth redistribution? I may be off the mark but I thought you based in Luxembourg?
    Wut?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Young lass walked in to Pret near vauxhall bridge at lunch time, grabbed a sandwich and a fruit bowl and strolled straight back out!!!

Didn't even have time to say anything, she was gone in seconds. Got me thinking though that Pret must have massive issues with shop lifting

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
    Used to work at the building directly over from Pret on Rampayne St.

Don't miss walking back across the bridge when it was cold, windy & wet though!

Craftsman
    I remember being in Greggs in Ilford one day and a fella came in made a fuss that there where no Chicken salad sandwiches, picked an alternative and walked out

Apparently he stole a chicken salad sandwich every day without fail and stood across the precinct eating it

The staff had given up as the police would not do anything for a sandwich, not a proper use of resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I was at B&Q the other day and two chavs ran out carrying toilet pans. The bizzies were called but said they'd nothing to go on.
    Last edited by J J Carter; 13th March 2023 at 22:09.

Just in case anyone was beginning to get the impression from this thread that shoplifting could be a credible career choice, take heed.

A woman who made half a million pounds by shoplifting on "an industrial scale" has been warned to expect a "substantial" jail sentence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64965027

The moral would seem to be, don't get too greedy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Just in case anyone was beginning to get the impression from this thread that shoplifting could be a credible career choice, take heed.

A woman who made half a million pounds by shoplifting on "an industrial scale" has been warned to expect a "substantial" jail sentence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64965027

The moral would seem to be, don't get too greedy.
    Still not sure how she got cash out of it rather than just lots of items? Unless she just exchanged for stuff more sellable on eBay (or Barbour jackets to sell on TZ )

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Still not sure how she got cash out of it rather than just lots of items? Unless she just exchanged for stuff more sellable on eBay (or Barbour jackets to sell on TZ )
    Once she had the exchange item, presumably she had a receipt and she could then exchange for cash?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Once she had the exchange item, presumably she had a receipt and she could then exchange for cash?
    That is how I understood it to be.