closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines military?? Opinion required please

Hybrid View

Longines military?? Opinion required please

Is this Longines a genuine military watch? Back has no engraving .. only military indication is the broad arrow ... has a Denison case

Apologies for poor quality camera phone pix

Thanks for looking

Cheers

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Craftsman
    Fingers crossed for the EoA for the movement to come up trumps. I doubt very much that they will mention the case though, as I am pretty sure that the movements were put in the Dennison 13322 cases later. I know it puts me in the 'weird class' but I actually prefer the COSD dial and handset in the 13322 case than the tuna case.

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    Fingers crossed for the EoA for the movement to come up trumps. I doubt very much that they will mention the case though, as I am pretty sure that the movements were put in the Dennison 13322 cases later. I know it puts me in the 'weird class' but I actually prefer the COSD dial and handset in the 13322 case than the tuna case.
    I will advise the extract content when available; the movement SN appears to be within a favourable batch.

BW, dunk

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    I will advise the extract content when available; the movement SN appears to be within a favourable batch.

BW, dunk
    Appears my previous application to Longines maybe included too many photos and was not received / acknowledged.

Following second application with just 3 photos, now pleased to advise Longines emailed following 31 Oct. and await the official "Extract from the Archives" ref. same.

Dear Mr.Kxxxxxxxxxx,

We thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Longines watches.

Further to your request, we are pleased to provide the information contained in Longines' handwritten registers.

Originally, the serial number 6'904'748 identifies a Longines mechanical manually wound movement, caliber 12.68N. It was invoiced on 14 May 1945 to the company Baume & Co., which was at that time our agent for the UK.

The other parts of the watch were produced locally under license from Longines. Unfortunately, since the relevant archives are not in our possession, we are unable to provide any further information on your model.

For your information, we send you by post an Extract from the Archives from Longines. Hopefully, you will receive it in the next few days.

We remain at your entire disposal for any further information you may need.

Truly yours,

AXXXX DXXXXX
    Branding and Heritage

Compagnie des Montres Longines Francillon SA
    CH-2610 Saint-Imier, Switzerland
    Phone +41 32 942 53 08

Another dial pic:

Last edited by sundial; 5th November 2023 at 14:56.

Longines' 'Extract From the Archives' received.

Last edited by sundial; 1st May 2024 at 12:38.