closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,450 of 5609

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Morning all - happy Friday! I hope we're all looking forward to our games this weekend.

As the January window approaches, do we see any major changes at our clubs come January? Any big signings on the horizon? Or even players leaving? Can Liverpool turn down an improved bid on the previous £150m for Salah? I'm really not sure what to expect at Newcastle this window. I think we may take a couple of loans in but I suspect our main business will be in the summer.

We've spent a bit since the club changed hands but not much in reality. Certainly not what 'people' expected us to spend. The owners have been very careful and mindful of FFP which is both encouraging and bloody frustrating in equal measure and means that our squad is still pretty poor outside the main 12 or 13 players.

To go to the next level of performance and progress in competitions we need upgrades on all of the following, retaining some as backups to the new players:

Dummett, Targett, Krafth, Manquillo, Alex and Jacob Murphy, Ritchie, Burn, Lascelles, Pope, Dubravka, Wilson, Gillespie, Almiron and Anderson.

That's a 15 player turnover which is going to take a fair few transfer windows to achieve. In my opinion the priorities for the summer are a top striker, a CB, a LB, a top keeper and a number 10. That's all ;)

Well the entire winter window for Arsenal will be about them getting in a killer number 9. Toney. Osimhen. Even Mbappe.

What will happen is Arteta will sign a tricky lightweight midfielder for £70m instead.....

Reminds me of when we were owned by Freddie Sheppard, every time we needed a new coat he'd buy us a hat. If I were Arsenal I'd be going all-out for Toney.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well the entire winter window for Arsenal will be about them getting in a killer number 9. Toney. Osimhen. Even Mbappe.

What will happen is Arteta will sign a tricky lightweight midfielder for £70m instead.....

Vieira will be back from his groin issue late Jan, will be like a new signing...we had to fudge the Raya deal as a loan for FFP and those we might offload are injured Partey, Vieira, ESR or had 10 mins play time worth about a tenner Cedric (£5m link to Villareal), or prop up our home grown numbers Nketamine. Still trying to sort White contract (although he's been a bit hot n cold this season).

Toney we can't pull the loan trick (some rules around number of loans from other clubs) although rumbling we're up to ~£60m Chumps League revenue which seems a bit high given around £10m for group results alone.
    Osi has signed an extension with Napoli
    Mbappe appears to be a berk, and have a feeling the EPL rough housing might not be for him (at least on the wages we would pay).

Think the link to Ajax 17-year-old Jorrel Hato left/ centre back is more likely than a striker, we have Havertz after all, what more could you want?

There’s a few interesting games on this weekend.
    I’ll tune in to Forest v Spurs as I think that’ll be a decent watch . For some reason I think Burnley v Everton will be a humdinger .
    Hopefully Brighton are back on it this weekend and I’ll turn Liverpool v Man Utd on at kick off to avoid the accompanying waffle.
    I fully expect it to be Ten Hags last game in charge .

I think The Egg is safe until Jim Ratcliffe takes up post and brings in his own man.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’ll tune in to Forest v Spurs as I think that’ll be a decent watch . For some reason I think Burnley v Everton will be a humdinger .
    Hopefully Brighton are back on it this weekend and I’ll turn Liverpool v Man Utd on at kick off to avoid the accompanying waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I think The Egg is safe until Jim Ratcliffe takes up post and brings in his own man.
    Rumors abound that Brailsford and Scruffy Jim were entertains de Zerbi and /or Potter last week .
    Wishful thinking maybe , but Ten Hag is definitely being thrown in front of the bus by those charlatans masquerading as footballers .

Could do with Man U somehow getting a draw, and extending his miserable stay a bit longer. They might be half decent with a good coach in charge. Has the reigning Manager of the Month ever been potted in the subsequent month before?!

Reminds me of when we were owned by Freddie Sheppard, every time we needed a new coat he'd buy us a hat. If I were Arsenal I'd be going all-out for Toney.
    I don’t see Toney leaving. He’s just served a long ban, who knows what form he’ll be in. And with the afcon players Brentford are losing for Jan, they’d be left incredibly short.

I think the fee would be astronomical given his age/contract length.

Only Chelsea is possible (imo).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

but Ten Hag is definitely being thrown in front of the bus by those charlatans masquerading as footballers .
    I think you are dead right as they have done with every manager since Ferguson. Matic was talking this week about what appears to be the tardiness and lackadaisical attitude endemic in the Theatre of Bad Dreams. When rumours of Potter emerged, my heart sank. Still looking on the bright side, our exit from Europe allows us the concentrate on our possible relegation scrap. Injuiries, ownership turbulence, insecure manager, inability to score, bad attitudes, it'll be worse before better, so a scrap in the bottom half is always possible.

Great. Another key midfielder out injured

Mbeumo out for 12 weeks. Looks even less likely Toney moves in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Great. Another key midfielder out injured
    And there goes another key player. You really couldn’t make it up.

Nice touch from Forest fans when Johnson went off - “….he’s one of our own.”

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I don’t see Toney leaving. He’s just served a long ban, who knows what form he’ll be in. And with the afcon players Brentford are losing for Jan, they’d be left incredibly short.

I think the fee would be astronomical given his age/contract length.

Only Chelsea is possible (imo).

Serhou Guirassy has scored 16 goals in 12 Bundesliga appearances this season (better strike rate than Harry Kane) and has a 20m Euro buyout clause

Embarrassing from Pedro Poro. He’s either play-acting or a soft shyte. I’ll let you make your own mind up.

Coward’s tackle by Bissouma. Absolutely terrible. Late, high, studs up and intended to hurt Yates.

Suspect that will be Bissouma's last game for Spurs. Far too much of a liability.

Suspect that will be Bissouma's last game for Spurs. Far too much of a liability.
    Don’t be an arse. It’ll be his last game until February though!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Let’s face it both teams looked absolutely shite, if that’s middle table and below, all the lower teams can aspire to higher places.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Let’s face it both teams looked absolutely shite, if that’s middle table and below, all the lower teams can aspire to higher places.
    Wasn’t great but they’re a difficult and overly physical team to play against. We also have half a squad.

Coward’s tackle by Bissouma. Absolutely terrible. Late, high, studs up and intended to hurt Yates.
    Absolutely disgraceful tackle, they're a disgusting team this year. What's that, four red cards now in less than half a season, and all for horrendous challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful tackle, they're a disgusting team this year. What's that, four red cards now in less than half a season, and all for horrendous challenges.
    Bunch of thugs.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Bad challenge without a doubt, but calm down Karen ffs.

Seen much worse without a red.

Good result last night, as Forest isn't the easiest place to go. Especially when down to 10 men.
    Spurs used to be know as a team that rolled over and you can tickle there belly, about time we showed some battle and fight, be nice to end a game with 11 men though.
    Last edited by thfccambs; 16th December 2023 at 10:30.

Oh please. Agree it wasn’t a great and warranted a red. It was more clumsy than malicious unlike Joelintons assault on Porro last week. Nearly broke the guys neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Bunch of thugs.
    Yep. We put their players out for months.

Oh, wait...

Oh, wait...
    Just trying to remember how many red cards Villa have picked up this season...
    "A man of little significance"

Oh, wait...
    Blimey, do all your posts demonstrate a similar lack of intelligence?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blimey, do all your posts demonstrate a similar lack of intelligence?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Your constant playing of the man as opposed to the ball just demonstrates that you have nothing worth saying, and nothing worth listening to. Grow up, you silly man.

Two wrongs don't make a right though do they. At any level of the game, that Bissouma tackle is called a coward's tackle. It'll get you a smack in the chops on a Sunday morning. Nothing Karenish about it, it's naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Bad challenge without a doubt, but calm down Karen ffs.

Seen much worse without a red.

Good result last night, as Forest isn't the easiest place to go. Especially when down to 10 men.
    Spurs used to be know as a team that rolled over and you can tickle there belly, about time we showed some battle and fight, be nice to end a game with 11 men though.

Actual assault by Jiminez.

What on earth was he thinking? That was utterly bizarre.

Straight red David ?

Ooh, just a bit Lee.

Straight red David ?

He’s one of our own
    He’s one of our own
    Lewis Miley, he’s one of our own

Get in!!!! He’s 17 years old, scored a Premier League goal and has already played more games in Europe than Sunderland football club.

A serious injury to Lockyer at the Bournemouth - Luton game has forced both teams off the pitch, looks like he might have collapsed. Hope he's OK.

A serious injury to Lockyer at the Bournemouth - Luton game has forced both teams off the pitch, looks like he might have collapsed. Hope he's OK.
    He previously had a heart attack and it looks like the same again.

Thoughts and prayers with him

Absolutely this. Nothing else is important in today’s climate games. I think the tests after he collapsed in the play off final were inconclusive. Looks ominous now though.

He previously had a heart attack and it looks like the same again.

Thoughts and prayers with him

Yes, was in the play offs wasn't it? You would think that's his career over then if it is a second incident, poor bloke.

Lockyer was alert and responsive so that's great news. I'd imagine that's his career over but of course some things in life are much more important than that.

Onto the other games - Man City wow! They'll be almost out of the league contention if Liverpool and Arsenal win tomorrow. Being 8 points or whatever behind 1 side is one thing - being 8 points behind 2 sides would be very hard to overcome.

Lockyer was alert and responsive so that's great news. I'd imagine that's his career over but of course some things in life are much more important than that.

Onto the other games - Man City wow! They'll be almost out of the league contention if Liverpool and Arsenal win tomorrow. Being 8 points or whatever behind 1 side is one thing - being 8 points behind 2 sides would be very hard to overcome.
    They certainly seem intent on throwing the title race wide open. It’s quite puzzling, given their imperious performances of last season.

They certainly seem intent on throwing the title race wide open. It’s quite puzzling, given their imperious performances of last season.
    It is weird as they actually look like the 4th best team, not the best team underperforming.

Forgot to add Villa to that mix as well as they are flying however I don't see them staying where they are although if they get some signings in the winter window you never know.

It is weird as they actually look like the 4th best team, not the best team underperforming.

Forgot to add Villa to that mix as well as they are flying however I don't see them staying where they are although if they get some signings in the winter window you never know.
    I’ll feel reasonably confident about my lot if we get through to February without losing pace with those above us. With a full squad to choose from I think we’ll have a strong second half of the season.

For now, though, it feels like a very big ask.

Pep out !!

Pep out !!
    #swailesout

Premier League 2023-24

Injuries, an overall weaker squad and the treble hangover.

I think they’re still heavy favourites, but they are making it interesting.

They’ll have to average 2.5pts per game for the rest of the season to hit 90pts.

LTFC official X account saying Lockyer has had a cardiac arrest. Get well soon fella.

We've been averaging over two points a game since Emery arrived, although that's swkewed slightly by the great form this season. We "only" need 1.6 points a game for the rest of the season to guarantee a points total that would get you a top 4 place in most years. The one thing that might derail us is our less than stellar away form. It would be typical Villa to beat Man City and Arsenal then go and lose at Brentford tomorrow. That said, if we do beat Brentford tomorrow, and then win the home game against Sheffield United next Friday, we'll be top, even if only until Saturday, at which point Liverpool and Arsenal play each other, meaning we'd be going into Xmas second at worst.

We've been averaging over two points a game since Emery arrived, although that's swkewed slightly by the great form this season. We "only" need 1.6 points a game for the rest of the season to guarantee a points total that would get you a top 4 place in most years. The one thing that might derail us is our less than stellar away form. It would be typical Villa to beat Man City and Arsenal then go and lose at Brentford tomorrow. That said, if we do beat Brentford tomorrow, and then win the home game against Sheffield United next Friday, we'll be top, even if only until Saturday, at which point Liverpool and Arsenal play each other, meaning we'd be going into Xmas second at worst.
    Yeah sorry I meant for the title not top 4. I do fancy Villa for top 4 and said that since the start of the season.