closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    TAA is that much of a liability in defence he’s won every cup in domestic football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trent is not a strong 1v1 defender, that doesn't make him a bad player. He won all those trophies playing in a system that didn't require him to play to his weaknesses, only his strengths.

Zinchenko had zero criticism of his defending at Arsenal until Saliba was injured. This meant Gabriel was no longer free to cover the huge left side of our defence which Zinchenko absented when moving into midfield and final third. Immediately it becomes more difficult to play to Zinchenko's strengths, whilst also exposing his weaknesses.

Virgil van Dijk often struggling for form and fitness this season and previous, Henderson ageing and losing form, and Fabinho's odd Spacejam-like loss of ability earlier this season - these are all key factors in Trent being exposed. In previous years your most successful opponents prey on this weakness (see Real Madrid) but vast majority of teams were not good enough. With the aforementioned factors all combined this season, lots more teams had the necessary quality to take full advantage.

I think Trent is an absolutely superb player, would love him in my team, and believe he is fabulous as an inverted or attacking RB. Kyle Walker can't do that job (Pep literally said this) but you have horses for courses and I know which I'd prefer to take on Vini Jr!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It's boiled mine for years. Shows the pretentiousness of the club and the bias of the media.
    Doesn’t make my point moot at all and yes, it has caused a lot of offence for a long time. It’s insulting to every other United.
    I think City will make light work of both of those. I say both will be over in 90 mins.
    Is this intentional because there is now only one team in the Premier League that ends with City?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
    Is this intentional because there is now only one team in the Premier League that ends with City?

Master
    Supposedly a 2yr contract for Ange so not a massive gamble or vote of confidence but one thing the Ozzies do is they back themselves to succeed so that won't bother him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Supposedly a 2yr contract for Ange so not a massive gamble or vote of confidence but one thing the Ozzies do is they back themselves to succeed so that won't bother him.
    It may suit him to have a 2 year contract, give him more leverage if he succeeds when his contract is up and as you say he's one person that backs himself.

Edit: just heard its a 4 year deal

As for Ange himself, he definitely improved Celtic no end in terms of style of play and of course results, however, for Spurs fans beware, it did take him 3-4 months to turn it around and I'd expect the same at Spurs due to his training methods and intensive style of play. Also expect a few injuries as players adapt to his training methods. He'll also need to clear out a lot of dead wood in that Spurs squad and bring in quality replacements, so buying out of the J-league I suspect won't cut it in the EPL. Then there is the issue with Kane. If Kane wants away Ange will push to get him out, so that will be the first interesting test in his relationship with Levy.

The one big negative with Ange was his European performances which bordered on the dismal, however, he had just taken over at Celtic, was trying to build a squad and was his first experience in the CL/Europe. Therefore his tactical awareness will need to improve, If he can't adapt then he will struggle in the EPL, if he's learnt his lesson he may well succeed.
    Last edited by zippy; 6th June 2023 at 12:50.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    4 years

Craftsman
    Brilliant Hammers

Is the issue the new manager or the owner and the board. If the new guy gets to pick who comes and who goes and is left alone to get on with the football side of things then good, but at too many clubs, including Everton, the problem is upstairs.