closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

I think Liverpool will cash in on Salah at the end of the season, especially if stupid money is involved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think Liverpool will cash in on Salah at the end of the season, especially if stupid money is involved.
    What's he worth now? Hindsight is a great thing, of course, but £150m last summer looked decent business.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    What's he worth now? Hindsight is a great thing, of course, but £150m last summer looked decent business.
    I’m guessing £80m - £100m.

Master
    I’m guessing £80m - £100m.
    No one in the premiership would pay that !! It’s only the Saudi’s that would throw money like that at him, and for him it would be to see out his time playing sub standard football. 60m at most from a prem team.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    No one in the premiership would pay that !! It’s only the Saudi’s that would throw money like that at him, and for him it would be to see out his time playing sub standard football. 60m at most from a prem team.
    Beginning to think an agreement has been in place for him to leave this summer, for some time. Salah will always be a legend at the club, but sad to see his time, like Klopps, coming to an end like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    Agreed, I was talking a move to SA. At least he will be used to the sand and the heat.

Blog Entries
    When in Egypt a few years back, we found out about Salah's popularity. It's immense there. "The biggest example of Egypt's greatness after the pyramids" a guy in a shop told us. I'm sure it will be noticed in SA as well. Yesterday, a Dutch paper wrote that the best idea for Slot would be to say 'goodbye' to Sarah before the next season starts.

And today the papers are filled with soundbites of former PL icons how Slot should not end up in the same situation as Ten Hag: transferring former Ajax players to MU (e.g. Anthony). Well, that Anthony guy was never considered a great player here, more a nasty individual. He's on a list with other players from our competition who failed to deliver once they'd signed up for a PL club.

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    He's on a list with other players from our competition who failed to deliver once they'd signed up for a PL club.
    United will be offloading Antony on the cheap this summer.

ten Hag has brought in Martinez, Antony and Malacia from Dutch football. Spent £150m.

I’d rate them all as poor buys. I don’t think Malacia has played a single game this season. Antony has a very limited (one) range of play, is injury prone and displays behaviours that don’t go down well in the north of England. On the face of it, Martinez can be decent, but again is prone to injuries, so what’s the point.

From what I can gather, they didn’t play that many games each season in the Netherlands. Not sure if that’s through injury or just the way it is in The Netherlands.

Then there’s been Depay, Blind, van de Beek all poor buys for United.

In the past, United have been able to recruit fantastic players from the Dutch league: van der Sar (via Fulham), Stam, van Nistelrooy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 28th April 2024 at 11:06.

Are Spurs a broken club, like Man Utd. They had Conte and Mourinho and neither of those could get Spurs going.

Endlessly changing the manager doesn’t always work.

Are Spurs a broken club, like Man Utd. They had Conte and Mourinho and neither of those could get Spurs going.

Endlessly changing the manager doesn’t always work.
    They have an amazing stadium and generate huge profits. With FFP being enforced stringently and nation states less able to just break the bank I'd say they are very well placed as they can reinvest profits into players and keep onside of the FFP regulations whereas other teams can't as they don't have the revenue stream/profitability.

I'd say they'll break into the Top 4 regularly soon and possibly higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    They have an amazing stadium and generate huge profits. With FFP being enforced stringently and nation states less able to just break the bank I'd say they are very well placed as they can reinvest profits into players and keep onside of the FFP regulations whereas other teams can't as they don't have the revenue stream/profitability.

I'd say they'll break into the Top 4 regularly soon and possibly higher up.
    The clubs doing well, the top three have stuck by the managers and given them time, esp. Arsenal and Liverpool. Obviously Pep took over a squad already winning the PL.

Spurs are doing well, they would have taken a top 4 at the start of the season, they might not get there but it will be close.

They outplayed us (Arsenal) yesterday, yes we gifted them 2 goals but they deserved to win, on another day could have ended 6-3, Son missed a each chance in the first half, Romero should have scored 4.

Arsenal are doing what we need to try and win, and I don't think we will drop points in our last few games, bigger issue is City wont drop points either, our only chance is if Spurs can get something when they play City, which if they play like they did yesterday with some better finishing is a possibility.