closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It’s all hot air, the PL season ended the minute Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points and put control in City’s hands. They haven’t dropped a point since and like the last few seasons they will win every game and be crowned champions again.

The bottom of the table is more interesting.
    I must admit, I find your dislike of City quite funny.
    After all that financial cheating your team has been convicted of, you’d think most Everton fans would keep their heads down , yet here we are :)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I must admit, I find your dislike of City quite funny.
    After all that financial cheating your team has been convicted of, you’d think most Everton fans would keep their heads down , yet here we are :)
    I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, go down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.

I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, go down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.
    Bet you were pleased when Richarlison left then!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Bet you were pleased when Richarlison left then!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic. It is not good for football. I appreciate that there are a lot on here who are fanatical club supporters and that is as far as they go, but they are not football supporters. Any team winning the league year after year be it City, United or Liverpool is not good for football. It’s great for the small minded minority, but shit for the rest of us.

The best thing to happen to the PL in the last 10 years was Leicester winning it.

I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic. It is not good for football. I appreciate that there are a lot on here who are fanatical club supporters and that is as far as they go, but they are not football supporters. Any team winning the league year after year be it City, United or Liverpool is not good for football. It’s great for the small minded minority, but shit for the rest of us.

The best thing to happen to the PL in the last 10 years was Leicester winning it.
    I'm not sure the PL is turning into the SPL. If City win the league it will be by just 2 points. And that's ahead of an Arsenal team who arguably have better future potential than the current City team (although I think Gvardiol will turn into a monster) who are coming to the end of the cycle for some of their players - in addition Arsenal have a wonderkid coming through who is touted as potentially England's most talented player for a generation.

Add Chelsea likely to come good at some stage, eventually Man Utd will stop being stupid, Liverpool with youngsters coming through.

So you’re only a football supporter if your team aren’t winning trophies ?
    From a selfish perspective, it’s great watching City in the hunt for trophies year after year but it doesn’t make me less of a football supporter than when I endured 20 odd years of yo yo football , regularly getting a good hiding on the pitch, never in with a chance of a trophy etc etc .
    To say the Premier League is boring is simply subscribing to the popular narrative because City are so successful. The title has gone to the last game on a number of occasions in the last ten or so seasons. How is that boring ?
    City have elevated the standard in the league for any number of teams too. Look how good Arsenal have become . Liverpool regularly competed with City and have had any number of talented squads, Chelsea have to come good sooner or later , Villa have improved no end and will continue to do so. Newcastle, Man Utd , Tottenham all have the potential to challenge.
    There simply isn’t an easy game in this league and that’s what makes it the most difficult to win worldwide.

Just saw the Bruno push in the Burnley v Toon game . That’s more of a penalty than both Arsenals and Citys .
    VAR definitely needs binning ,or improving . PGMOL need to be removed from the VAR decision making . It’s farcical .

I agree regarding Leicester, but they sadly appear to be one offs.

Football is a business these days whether fans like it or not and the top of the leagues being dominated by the big clubs is no different to high street stores closing because of the dominance of Amazon etc. The single biggest difference is the emotional attachment that goes with football.

Personally, I just don't see a solution when the governing bodies are just as, if not more, obsessed with money than the clubs. The money that goes into winning the PL and the CL will only widen the gulf that is already there.

If someone wants to come in and throw a wad of their own money into a club with a view to making it a worldwide success, good luck to them. Anyone who has watched "Welcome to Wrexham" will see the joy that Reynolds' purchase of the club has done for the whole community, not to mention the growing fan base around the world because of Reynolds, but they are also being sniped at by rival clubs for having budgets they can't compete with.

Master
    I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic.
    Genuinely interested as I can’t remember but were there similar complaints when Liverpool and Manchester United dominated?

Someone linked to this on Twitter.

I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, wgo down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.
    Do you prefer your players to kick goalkeepers in the face whilst prone on the floor ?
    I know which cheating little turd I’d prefer to watch .

Nothing to see here guys, the season is over.

City won the PL, Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa got the CL positions and Luton, Burnley and Sheffield Utd went down.

Wonder how Sky and TNT will sell next Sunday’s non event.

On a personal note, Everton got to 48 points on the pitch and 40 after the PL had their pound of flesh. Under the circumstances I’ll take that.

Oh, and City won the FA Cup.