closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Arsenal playing a blinder here .
    All the add ons are tied into winning the PL and the Chumps League .
    West Ham must be laughing their socks off .
    The thing is Sullivan was never going to accept the 1st bid - whatever bid Arsenal make he will go to the other clubs and ask them to beat it so it doesn't make sense to go all in. It does seem Rice prefers Arsenal (I guess for family reasons plus Arteta has been courting him for a while) and if he went to City he has the formidable presence of Rodri to get past in order to get into the team (not to mention De Bruyne, Gundogan etc) whereas he'd be a guaranteed starter at Arsenal. Plus maybe he sees it as more of a challenge at Arsenal (although the pull of working under Guardiola and surrounded by amazing players must be a big draw too).

Seems like Arsenal have gone back in this evening with a 2nd bid of £100m.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Seems like Arsenal have gone back in this evening with a 2nd bid of £100m.
    That is insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That is insanity
    Absolutely... he should go for £120m at least.

Apparently Arsenal's first bid was £80m to be paid over 6 years! I'm guessing it didn't take long to tell them what they could do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Absolutely... he should go for £120m at least.

Apparently Arsenal's first bid was £80m to be paid over 6 years! I'm guessing it didn't take long to tell them what they could do with it.

I think part of the £80M and all of the "add ons" were over 6 years........not the entire amount over the 6 year contract.

As a Hammers fan I just hope they milk it for all he could be worth and take the money for re-investment in the team. And for the player he's going to end up at a much better club with better players around him week in, week out and that will bring him on. Can see him going for £100m plus easily in the current market.

All gone quiet on the Kane front so assume Levy has ruined his career in the Uk, once again........

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I think part of the £80M and all of the "add ons" were over 6 years........not the entire amount over the 6 year contract.

As a Hammers fan I just hope they milk it for all he could be worth and take the money for re-investment in the team. And for the player he's going to end up at a much better club with better players around him week in, week out and that will bring him on. Can see him going for £100m plus easily in the current market.

All gone quiet on the Kane front so assume Levy has ruined his career in the Uk, once again........

I shouldn't believe everything I read on Twitter!

I think City or maybe further afield would be a better option. I can't see him improving into the player he really could be at Arsenal. Yes, he'll get CL football but won't win it. Maybe an FA Cup but not the big step up he is well capable of.

Craftsman
    Jude Bellingham just went to Madrid for £88.5 million rising to £115 million add ons included.
    Seen as he is twice the player of Declan Rice, that puts his value somewhere between &45 to £60 million for me.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Jude Bellingham just went to Madrid for £88.5 million rising to £115 million add ons included.
    Seen as he is twice the player of Declan Rice, that puts his value somewhere between &45 to £60 million for me.

Good job it's not you as his agent or the man with the big cheque book!!

(only joshing)

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    I shouldn't believe everything I read on Twitter!

I think City or maybe further afield would be a better option. I can't see him improving into the player he really could be at Arsenal. Yes, he'll get CL football but won't win it. Maybe an FA Cup but not the big step up he is well capable of.
    He wants to stay in London though. Plus he'd be a starter at Arsenal. Doubt he's getting in ahead of Rodri at City. Finally, joining a treble winning side and winning a trophy that they'd win regardless of whether he is there or not may not be seen as the challenge he wants.

Moot point but Rice would play alongside Rodri , not instead of .
    Personally don’t think it’ll happen anyway as Kovacic seems to be imminent. More of a possession type of player that Pep loves.
    Uncertainty still surrounds Silva and Gundogan, Mahrez could be a shock target for Saudi Arabia and Laporte looks like he’s headed out. I’m sure the scouting teams will have targets lined up.
    On to the Charity Shield and our customary beating giving everyone else false hope. I think City should’ve been allowed to pick the opposition and opted to face the City women’s team .

Master
    Brendan Rodgers confirmed back at Celtic
    Would have preferred to keep Ange but happy with Rodgers .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Brendan Rodgers confirmed back at Celtic
    Would have preferred to keep Ange but happy with Rodgers .
    I’d have been happy with Kjetil Knutsen, manager of FK Bodo Glimt. But hey ho, in Brendan we trust. And it seems that Dermot Desmond is prepared to ease the purse strings to keep Brendan happy.

Well it didn't take long for this new 2023/2024 thread to turn into a bitching fest.

Would it really be that hard for grown men to keep it to footballing matters and less blatant tribal outbursts.

Master
    Gary O'Neil sacked by Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65951241

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Well it didn't take long for this new 2023/2024 thread to turn into a bitching fest.

Would it really be that hard for grown men to keep it to footballing matters and less blatant tribal outbursts.
    Agreed